EgyptSearch Forums
  Visiting Egypt
  egyptian postal codes

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   egyptian postal codes
kaldoais

posted 22 July 2005 04:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kaldoais     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi I need some help getting a postal code for the city of Kafr el Dawar. The address is on El rahma St., Kafr el Dawar, El Behera. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

IP: Logged

Muzzibey

posted 04 August 2005 11:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Muzzibey     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If you have Arabic, you can check any Egyptian postcode on http://www.egyptpost.org/frontend/Main/homepage.asp
Good luck!

Samia

posted 04 August 2005 01:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Samia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
POSTCODES????? I live in Hurghada.. I dont even have an ADDRESS!!!!

Humanized

posted 04 August 2005 06:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Humanized     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:

Hi Samia
Hurghada postal code : 84511 [post office code]
and you can have a P.O.Box for 35 L.E./year - this price is valid any where in egypt .

[This message has been edited by Humanized (edited 04 August 2005).]

akshar

posted 05 August 2005 03:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for akshar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

I know what you mean I live on the main road from the ferry to the Valley of the Kings and it does not have a name.

BTW if you are an American Express Card Holder you can use any of their offices as a PO Box. I find that very handy as my office will phone me up when I get mail.

Samia

posted 05 August 2005 04:01 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Samia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks Jane and Humanized.. both helpful tips...
I dont think there's an AmEx office in Hurghada...
PO box is only useful if you live near the main post office and you can get there in working hours.. neither of which I can do!!!
I guess I'll have to live my life in isolation!!!
Good old internet!!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 05 August 2005).]

Humanized

posted 05 August 2005 06:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Humanized     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Thanks Jane and Humanized.. both helpful tips...
I dont think there's an AmEx office in Hurghada...
PO box is only useful if you live near the main post office and you can get there in working hours.. neither of which I can do!!!
I guess I'll have to live my life in isolation!!!
Good old internet!!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 05 August 2005).]

Hi samia ,
i'm not sure of this will help ,
there is a FEDEX in Redcon mall
and ARAMEX in Commercial mall in Al-Arousa square .
and when ever you recieve a mail or package they call you first to ask for your address , home or work and time to deliver your mail .

nevermind

posted 05 August 2005 12:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for nevermind     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kaldoais:
Hi I need some help getting a postal code for the city of Kafr el Dawar. The address is on El rahma St., Kafr el Dawar, El Behera. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

Thank you for this thread. I was looking for one too, so it encouraged me to type the whole thing into google and arrive here:
http://www.egyptpost.org/frontend/Main/Aboutus.asp?language=english

There is a direct link to the postal codes search motor right when you open the page.
Happy posting!

/after 2 minutes/ ...oops! is in arabic :-)

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 05 August 2005).]