EgyptSearch Forums
  Religion
  Some beautiful quotes of the Prophet Muhammad

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Some beautiful quotes of the Prophet Muhammad
Spooky

posted 29 August 2005 10:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Spooky     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

"Do not envy one another; do not hate one another; do not turn away from another; and do not undercut one another, but be you. O servants of Allah, brothers."

"Fear Allah wherever you are, and follow up a bad deed with a good one and it will wipe it out, and behave well towards people."

"There is nothing heavier in the scales than good character."

The Prophet (saas) made the following recommendations to his companions:

"Bad conduct destroys divine service as condiment destroys honey."

"Honour a believer for his religion. Think him superior for good conduct and wisdom."

"Verily, Allah is Graceful and He loves Grace. Pride is disdaining the truth (out of self-conceit) and contempt for the people."

"Arrogance means ridiculing and rejecting the Truth and despising people."

"Do not turn away a poor man...even if all you can give is half a date. If you love the poor and bring them near you...Allah will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection."

"He who seeks repentance (from the Lord ) before the rising of the sun from the west (before the Day of Resurrection), Allah turns to him with Mercy."

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the (Hell) Fire."

"Whoever killed a person who is granted the pledge of protection by the Muslims shall not smell the fragrance of Paradise."

WHAT THOSE WHO KNEW HIM SAID OF HIM

"Rasulullah (saas) was so clean, clear, beautiful and handsome."

'He was neither very tall nor excessively short, but was a man of medium size. He had neither very curly nor flowing hair but a mixture of both... He was reddish-white, he had wide black eyes and long eyelashes. He had protruding joints and shoulder-blades… Between his shoulders was the seal of prophecy... He had a finer chest than anyone else, was truer in utterance than anyone else, had the gentlest nature and the noblest lineage. Those who saw him stood suddenly in awe of him and those who shared his acquaintance loved him. Those who described him said they had never seen anyone like him before or since'.

"His expression was pensive and contemplative, serene and sublime. The stranger was fascinated from the distance, but no sooner he became intimate with him, than this fascination was changed into attachment and respect. His expression was very sweet and distinct. His speech was well set and free from the use of superfluous words, as if it were rosary of beads. His stature was neither too high nor too small. He was singularly bright and fresh. He was always surrounded by his Companions. Whenever he uttered something, the listeners would hear him with rapt attention and whenever he issued a commandment, they vied with each other in carrying it out."

"He used to smile much before his companions…"

"I have not seen anyone who makes a person more cheerful than Rasulullah (saas)."

"Rasulullah (saas) used to mingle with us and joke."

Imam Ghazzali, after studying all the Hadiths, summed Muhammad (saas) up in the following words:

"The Holy Prophet (saas) was the most patient among men, the bravest, the best judge, and he who pardoned most. ... he was the most charitable man. He did not pass a single night hoarding a single dirham or dinar. Whenever any excess money came to him and if he did not then get anyone to accept it as charity, he did not return home till he gave it to the poor and the needy. He did not store up for more than a year the provision of his family members which Allah was pleased to give him. He used to take one fifth of what easily came to him out of dates and wheat. What remained in excess, he used to give in charity. He used to give away in charity to him who begged of him of anything, even out of his stored up provision.

He did not take any revenge for personal wrongs but he used take it for preservation of the honor of Allah.

He used to speak the truth even though it was sometimes a cause of trouble to himself and his companions.

He was the most modest, without pride, and his tongue was most eloquent without prolongation of speech. His constitution was the most beatiful. No worldly duties could keep him busy.

He used to go even to a distant place to see the sick, loved scents and hated a stench or bad smell, sat with the poor and the destitute, ate with them, honored those possessing honor, advised them to do good and show kindness to relatives. He did not treat harshly to anybody and accepted excuses offered to him.

He accepted sports and pastimes as lawful, played with his wives and held races with them.... He did not hate the poor for their poverty nor fear the kings for their mighty power. He used to call the people, high or low towards Allah. Allah adorned him with all the qualities and good administration

At the time when the Quran was being revealed to him, he used to smile most. When something happened, he entrusted it to Allah, kept himself free from his own strength and ability and said in invocation: 'O Allah, show me truth in a true manner or give me grace to give it up. You guide to the straight path whomsoever You will.'

Allah revealed the Quran to him and through it He taught him good manners."

MUHAMMAD (saas) IS THE WAY TO JANNAH (PARADISE)

"All of my Ummah (followers) will enter the Paradise (il-lâ man abâ) except for those who hold themselves back and refuse to enter it." When they asked who would refused Paradise, Muhammad (saas) replied: "Whoever obeys me and follows me enters the Paradise. (Wa man 'asŕnî) whoever disobeys me and does not follow my path, my sunnah, (faqad abâ) he would refrain from entering the paradise."

"Try to pass your mornings and evenings in a state where your heart is free from all ill-feelings, jealousy and hatred for everyone, and remember that this is my Sunnah, and he who loves my Sunnah will be with me in paradise."

In The Quran Muhammad is promised Paradise

"Verily We have promised thee (Muhammad) the Kauther (a fountain in paradise), So pray unto thy Lord and sacrifice! The one who hates you shall be cut off of hope!"

"Drink once from this spring my dear friend; you will never feel thirsty again. Then something happens to you, and you get excited so much that you could neither cry nor stop." -Turkish Poet, Arif Nihat Asya.

IP: Logged

Leila

posted 29 August 2005 10:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Leila     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks for that i enjoyed reading them.. one of my favourite quotes is "no one truly believes until he likes for his neighbour what he likes for himself." So simple yet is one i have to sometimes remind myself of -if people really followed these words, the world would be a much greater place.

ben_elias

posted 29 August 2005 11:08 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ben_elias     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This one caught my eye:

"Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the (Hell) Fire."

Which is true.

God bless,
Benjamin Elias
zaki_boxing@yahoo.com

Horemheb

posted 29 August 2005 11:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ben, can you prove that?

everyday_angel

posted 29 August 2005 12:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for everyday_angel     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
ben, can you prove that?

Can you disprove it?

ben_elias

posted 29 August 2005 01:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ben_elias     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Horemheb,

Thank you for your response.

Concerning the verse about "Paradise is nearer to any of you than the strap of his shoe, and so is the (Hell) Fire." Which I said is true you would like proof. I cannot give you physical proof as I have no photos or any testimonials but what we do have is religion.

Mohammed says that both paradise and hell is nearer to you than your shoe strap, he is obviously taking in figurative language which means that both paradise and hell are closer to you in what spiritual terms than in physical terms.

Both Jesus and Mohammed both commanded that the followers first follow God and first seek heaven and everything is else is of little value. However, this being said it must come to mean that heaven and hell have a significant purpose and it should be closer to you than your shoe strap ie: your heart and your mind.

In conclusion, the ideals of hell and heaven is ‘closer’ to the believer as he believes that God will judge them accordingly and this is imprinted on their heart and minds, which is closer than a shoe strap will ever get. Christ has risen!

God bless,
Benjamin Elias
Zaki_boxing@yahoo.com

Horemheb

posted 29 August 2005 01:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ben, We all struggle with those issue and my comments were designed to provoke thought. Let me ask you....can you define the soul? what is it? Where is it?

Kamal211

posted 29 August 2005 02:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kamal211     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
ben, We all struggle with those issue and my comments were designed to provoke thought. Let me ask you....can you define the soul? what is it? Where is it?

Go to www.islam-qa.com type in "soul" for more information in search.

Question :

Is there anything in Islam to explain the soul’s connection to the body?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The soul (al-rooh) is connected to the body in five different ways, to which different rules apply.

Its connection to the body as a foetus in his mother’s womb.
Its connection to the body after a person is born.

Its connection to the body when a person is asleep, when the soul is connected in one way and separated from it in another way.

Its connection to the body in al-Barzakh (the period between a person's death and the Day of Resurrection), when it has departed from the body and separated from it, but is not separated completely in such a way that there is no connection at all. We have mentioned at the beginning of this reply that there are ahaadeeth and reports which indicate that the soul is returned to the body when somebody sends the greeting of salaam to a deceased person. This returning is of a special nature which does not mean that the life is restored to the body before the Day of Resurrection.

Its connection to the body on the Day when bodies will be resurrected. This is the most perfect type of connection to the body, and has no comparison to the previous types, because after that the body will never die, sleep or have anything wrong with it.

When a person is asleep, his soul is in his body and he is alive, although his being alive is not the same as that of a person who is awake, for sleep is comparable to death. Similarly, when a dead person's soul is returned to his body (when the greeting is sent upon him), he is in a state between one who is alive and one who is dead, whose soul is not restored to his body. This is like the case of a sleeping person who is in a state between life and death. We hope that this will dispel a lot of your confusion.

Kitaab al-Rooh, 44. (www.islam-qa.com)
^^^^^^^^
Or get hold of and read this book

[http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=6090&dgn=4]

Horemheb

posted 29 August 2005 02:11 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
But WHAT IS the soul? They are telling me what is does NOT what it is. If it lives ofn afer I die it must be something we can define.

Kamal211

posted 29 August 2005 02:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kamal211     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Question #13183: The soul of the deceased does not come back to his family or his house

Click here to get a printable version

Question :

Can a dead muslim feel the feelings of his close relatives after his death? i.e their sorrows, weeping, happiness and they are remembering him or not after him/her?
Is the soul of a good muslim can come in the world to know about his family. I heard that the soul come to the place where he/she died for forty days.
Do we feel or see the souls of our close relatives? What is the reality of dreams about dead ones?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

When a person dies, he moves from this world to another realm, and his soul does not come back to his family and they do not feel anything of him. What is mentioned (in the question) about the soul coming back for forty days is a myth that has no foundation. Similarly the dead person does not know anything about the circumstances of his family, because he is absent from them, in a state of bliss or torment. But Allaah may inform some of the dead of some of the circumstances of their families, but this is not necessarily so. There are some reports, which cannot be relied upon, that say that the deceased may know something about his family’s circumstances. With regard to dreams, some of them are true and some are the playing of the Shaytaan. The living may come to know something of the circumstances of the dead via true dreams, but that depends on the sincerity of the one who sees the dream, whether the dream is a true dream and the ability of the one who interprets these dreams. Yet despite that we should not be certain of what the dream says, unless there is some evidence to indicate that. For a living person may see his deceased relative in a dream, advising him to do things or saying some things to him which he may know are true if they match reality. There have been some cases in which dreams matched reality and others where there is no evidence to suggest that the dreams are true. And some dreams are known to be untrue. So dreams are of three types. We must pay attention to that when dealing with news, reports and stories that have to do with the circumstances of the dead.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Barraak. (www.islam-qa.com)

Horemheb

posted 29 August 2005 02:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Kama , this is interesting BUT it still does not tell me what the soul is?

Kamal211

posted 29 August 2005 03:49 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kamal211     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi,

It Kamal* not Kama

Can you read the arabic, trying getting hold of that book, alternativly keep browsing the site, very good. www.islam-qa.com

Bye.

quote:
Kama , this is interesting BUT it still does not tell me what the soul is?

kafir4 ever

posted 29 August 2005 11:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kafir4 ever     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Everyone has good and bad points. Even the worst criminals have said and done something good in their lives. For example Hitler was not a womanizer. He was a faithful man. Does that make him a good person? Muhammad claimed to be a messenger of God. He is supposed to be the guidance to humanity. If it is up to us to sieve between the good and bad and use our own judgment to choose, why we need him?
In Iran they used to interview the criminals in jail and transmit it in the radio. at the end always these criminals had good advises for the youngsters. Muhammad said many good things but he did not follow his own advice and did very bad things. Someone who claims to be a divine guidance to humanity and infallible must be infallible and a guidance to humanity all the time. If you have someone who sometimes tell you the right thing and other times tells you the wrong thing, would you still trust him? Who is to determine what part of Muhammad’s teachings are to be followed and what part are to be discarded? You have a different value system than Mullah Omar. Each one of you chooses what he pleases from the Quran according to his preferences and values. Can you still say this book is a book of guidance? If there is one single error in anyone’s teaching who claims to be an infallible guide from God that person is no more an infallible guide. In the case of Muhammad there are more bad teachings than good. How can any intelligent person consider such a man as a messenger of God?

Troubles101

posted 30 August 2005 12:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Troubles101     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
kafir4ever...Forgive my curiosity ... Where are you from?