EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  Question for everybody.

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Question for everybody.
brian04

posted 23 April 2004 05:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for brian04     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi again everybody,
I will come to Egypt in October. I plan to stay for about 3 months. So I plan to rent an apartment for about 3 months in Cairo for about 200 USD a month, (can i get a decent apartment for that much). I have bugeted about 800 to 1,000 usd per month for living expenses.

Tell me what you guys think about that or do you have any other better suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Salam,
Brian

IP: Logged

Dalia

posted 23 April 2004 06:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dalia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
That sounds quite reasonable.

As far as rent goes ... in which area will you be staying? You might need to spend a bit more on rent unless you're willing to share.

Monica

posted 23 April 2004 07:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Monica     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Depending on the area, and the size of the apartment, you may have to go a bit higher, like USD 300.00 per month as I presume it will be furnished. have you considered the fact that you will also need someone to clean your place ~ at least once a week? it gets dusty in Cairo quite fast!

Have a great journey, with your future Egyptian Princess!

quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi again everybody,
I will come to Egypt in October. I plan to stay for about 3 months. So I plan to rent an apartment for about 3 months in Cairo for about 200 USD a month, (can i get a decent apartment for that much). I have bugeted about 800 to 1,000 usd per month for living expenses.

Tell me what you guys think about that or do you have any other better suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Salam,
Brian

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 23 April 2004).]

Debbie

posted 24 April 2004 03:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Debbie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
$200 may be d0-able, but like the other girls said, to get a place you want to come home to for those 3 months, you will probably have to spend more or share.
Two reasons for that....1) $200 is a low rent rate, and 2) 3 months is going to be considered "short term" and landlords usually get a bit more for "short term" stays.

$1000 a month is pretty good though. Generally I can pretty much do as I want and eat where I like, and have some social life when I'm spending about that much.

As far as a maid to clean for you, that will be pretty economical. I have one come in once a week only and I pay her like $10 for that, and I guess she is overpaid, but my thinking on that is I'd rather have her overpaid like this than to worry if she is stealing from me to supplement a crappy salary.

brian04

posted 25 April 2004 06:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for brian04     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Depending on the area, and the size of the apartment, you may have to go a bit higher, like USD 300.00 per month as I presume it will be furnished. have you considered the fact that you will also need someone to clean your place ~ at least once a week? it gets dusty in Cairo quite fast!

Have a great journey, with your future Egyptian Princess!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 23 April 2004).]

Hi Monicaa,
Where would you recommend in Cairo to live. I wanna have a cairo experience (remember i am living in china) my buget is about 200 to 300 usd per month for rent.

Thanks,
Brian