EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  Pics of Rehab

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pics of Rehab
shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Rehab is one of the new areas in Cairo. Very beautiful, clean and calm. It's a little far out so you definitely need a car. Buses run about every half hour or so until 12am. Nice apartments and villas. I am not a professional photographer as you can tell so please excuse the poor quality.

[This message has been edited by shumza (edited 29 April 2004).]

[This message has been edited by shumza (edited 29 April 2004).]

IP: Logged

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:28 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

shumza

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 06:30 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Farhana

posted 29 April 2004 10:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Farhana     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What a fab idea! My friends in the UK will love to see these pics, i only wish it wasn't so expensive

leonides

posted 29 April 2004 11:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for leonides     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Every boady ,
it's really nice city bt it became very expensive they expect to be the new Heliopolis

kimo_the_maniac

posted 29 April 2004 12:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Shumza if you live there could you please tell me how much time it takes to get there from say Heliopolis, Mohandessin, and Maadi?

karim

posted 29 April 2004 12:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi,

It takes about 25M if you are in Heliopolis.
You can check their web site:
www.alrehabcity.com

shumza

posted 29 April 2004 01:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Kimo,

I don't live there...we're thinking about it... but it takes about 10-15 mins from Medinet Nasr.

karim

posted 29 April 2004 01:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Shumza,

I have a flat there, and I will be moving there in Aug. The place is nice and very clean, and it would be smart if you buy now, as the prices are going up. It's 15m from Naser City, 25M from Heliopolis, Maadi

Dalia

posted 30 April 2004 02:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Dalia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm sure it's nice if you have children ... but I'd prefer downtown anytime.

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 30 April 2004).]

Debbie

posted 30 April 2004 04:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Debbie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
My question is about he cleanliness of it. Did you happen to take pictures right after the road crew came through and cleaned up?

Or Are people educated enough out there to actually CARE about NOT throwing their garbage in the streets?

Or Are there heavy penalties imposed on those that do throw garbage in the street or garden?

Because in all your pictures, there was VERY little garbage on the street, gutter, or garden, but there also were NO public provided garbage cans either, that I could see. What gives out there? Wish the general public of Cairo could be taught the same thing.

Julie

posted 30 April 2004 10:58 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Julie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

woww...its so bueatiful there....wish one day i would living there....

can somebody say how much it does cost for one month...or too buy it??? its maybe a rude question but im so curious...!!

does anyone have more pictures of cairo.streets??

shumza

posted 30 April 2004 11:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for shumza     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
We arrived there around 2:30-3:00pm. I didn't see any cleaning crews. I was told that garbage is picked up in the morning and cleaning crews roam around throughout the day. There are no bauwabs out there so the cleaning crews are responsible maintaining the grounds and the buildings. There were small trash bins at every bus stop. I did see security guards walking around so maybe they make sure the residents don't litter. I don't know if there are any penalties for littering.
The people there seem to care about their surroundings and maintaining a clean environment. There are lots of Egyptians and loads of foreigners are moving there.

karim

posted 30 April 2004 06:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Hi Debbie,

It is clean because they clean it all the time, and people don't throw garbage out. They water the gardens everyday, and they clean the building once a week. Go and see it, it's like the photos.

Monica

posted 30 April 2004 06:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Monica     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nice pictures there !

BUT...

Looks a bit'wonderlandy' to me!

Personally, I prefer a city with Character...and History...this could almost be mistaken for Florida...and I find that less intriguing, in terms of architecture!

Give me downtown Cairo, city Victorious... anytime, even with all the changes!

But for being clean...looks like a lot of money was invested for that particular aspect!!!

quote:
Originally posted by shumza:
We arrived there around 2:30-3:00pm. I didn't see any cleaning crews. I was told that garbage is picked up in the morning and cleaning crews roam around throughout the day. There are no bauwabs out there so the cleaning crews are responsible maintaining the grounds and the buildings. There were small trash bins at every bus stop. I did see security guards walking around so maybe they make sure the residents don't litter. I don't know if there are any penalties for littering.
The people there seem to care about their surroundings and maintaining a clean environment. There are lots of Egyptians and loads of foreigners are moving there.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 30 April 2004).]

DubaiDoctor

posted 02 May 2004 04:23 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DubaiDoctor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi every one
I am thinking of buying an apartemnt in Al-Rehab. Any one know id ADSL availble in the City.

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by karim:
Hi Shumza,

I have a flat there, and I will be moving there in Aug. The place is nice and very clean, and it would be smart if you buy now, as the prices are going up. It's 15m from Naser City, 25M from Heliopolis, Maadi

karim

posted 02 May 2004 04:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Hi Dubai Doc,

They don't have DSl now but they will have very soon, as there is a company that will provide DSL soon to Rehab, and it is trying to collect as much customers to lower the monthly cost, if you are intrested I can give you their phone #.

Rehab= Clean Air, Clean Place, and a lot more

DubaiDoctor

posted 05 May 2004 04:00 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for DubaiDoctor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't have a phone number yet in Egypt. I am coming in few weeks to buy an apartemnt. Any idea how much DSL prices will be? How does Al-Rehab compare to October 6th City? I visited Egypt 6 months ago and fill in love with every thing and decided to buy an apartmetn. I have never been to 6 th of October or Rehab. I'll come to see for my self but few people highly recommeded Rehab.
quote:
Originally posted by karim:

Hi Dubai Doc,

They don't have DSl now but they will have very soon, as there is a company that will provide DSL soon to Rehab, and it is trying to collect as much customers to lower the monthly cost, if you are intrested I can give you their phone #.

Rehab= Clean Air, Clean Place, and a lot more

karim

posted 05 May 2004 11:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Hi,

They have lowered the DSL price, so it's about 150LE a month, but you can lower the price if you share the line with someone else. Check www.tedata.net for services. As for 6 October they have nice flats there, but for me I think Rehab is better and not that far.

Shafeqah

posted 01 February 2005 09:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Shafeqah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi,

Can anyone post photos of the inside of an apartment at al rehab. I am thinking of moving there and since the outside looks so great i would love to see the inside of one of the flats.

Thanks

Mai

posted 02 February 2005 01:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mai     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Shafeqah
i live in elre7ab...yes it's nice and quiet place..Welcome ..but about the designs there are alot of levels ...prices ...designs...but you know i think the completed appartments are all owned now by people ...so u can look at newsletter for it....but there are new areas as the 4t level it's so nice too.there is a re7ab office infront of Tivoli heliopolice and other in Mohandesin...u can go and ask..they will show u all designes
GOd with u
.M.

germansara

posted 02 February 2005 03:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for germansara     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Salamalekum, dears,

there is also a german school in Rehab, right? Is it directly inside, or in the desert? Does anybody have the site of this german school,
because I would like to apply for work there.
I read long ago, that they give a flat to live free and 4000 LE....?
Anybodu knows?

Salam
Sara

germansara

posted 02 February 2005 03:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for germansara     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ohhh, guys, forget it again, I cannot
live there, because I couldn't afford to send three kids to school there,
someone told me, it will be about 1000,- per month and child...
Even with 4000,- Sallary it would be impossible...

Sara

saeeda

posted 02 February 2005 05:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for saeeda     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm wondering what is it makes you like this place so much???

Is it the green, the cleaniness, the pink houses???

I dunno but for me I wouldn't like to live there at all... this place could be anywhere in the world (just a bit more nice because of palm trees and blue sky), everything looks like plastic, no history, no culture, no life - I don't see any people in the street!!! Where have they gone? Or they didn't move in yet?? Maybe they're all sitting inside, like we do in Germany??

I personally prefer to live in any place in the center, even if it's bad air, not so clean and crowded like hell, but at least you can feel the life!!!

Mai

posted 02 February 2005 06:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Mai     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
ok u win saeeda..u said what's actually in my heart
i move there with my family ..not personal choice
and i'm talking always about ..where is the people issue i can't deny it's nice and clean.....
but u know there is a god point there..that the children who born and raised there !!organized a very nice groups..they play together...between the buildings..mmmi think this generation won't miss heliopolice any more!!!i think this a good step for them or i hope so...
GOD WITH U
.M.

puppy

posted 02 February 2005 06:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for puppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Before we were having vacation flat in nasr city, then we moved to Rehab.to Both of us, egyptian husband and i, Rehab is just right place. We like the place very much.
Specially now, cause we are having dog. How to walk with dog in nasr city,no way. Both of,u and dog get crazy there.
My husband is from cairo,but he like that is too busy,noisy..and i get crazy there...really,i am so scared there on the street,with this awfull traffic..
Now i can come to cairo, without being scared and nervos, cause i can stay this nice place,rehab..
Only one minus is there, no good fast food...in my vacation i dont like to cook, we like order food to home...but last time i get so bad pizza and sandwitch...

malak

posted 02 February 2005 09:57 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for malak     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The reason we have a home there is because the kids have somewhere to play thats clean and no worrys of collecting any rubbish. You leave a deposit with the Rehab company of around 10,000 and the interest from this is to pay for the upkeep and maintenance of the area, including the rubbish issue.

Samia

posted 02 February 2005 10:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Samia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Looks like a giant English Council estate to me!!!!

EgyptianSalsa

posted 02 February 2005 01:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for EgyptianSalsa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I heard that there are infrastructure problems there e.g. power outages, unreliable water supply, ...

I believe this area had no water for three days last week!

newcomer

posted 02 February 2005 03:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for newcomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It was not only Rehab, but the whole of Nasr City, as well as Mokottam, and Maadi I heard that had no water since Friday morning, and some of us still haven't got a proper suppply yet! I heard that a big pipe had burst in the desert near Katameya...insha Allah we'll have a regular supply soon!

malak

posted 03 February 2005 05:43 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for malak     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Yes, but a lovely one, with nice people, sunshine and cleans streets!

puppy

posted 03 February 2005 06:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for puppy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
and one good thing more, we can go to our favorite shopping center Citycenter maadi,without traffic...
and one minus, flats have very agly windows and kitchen was made very stupid way...

but for the kids,what a paradise...u can play...and for parents also,u dont must worry about where they are playing..

summer time it is very lifefull...school vacations..but winter time so peacefull,what is fine with me..

Shopping center there is small, but it is not problem to me, i dont like shopping anyway so much..

anyway, it is nice to have this kind of choice for living...i hate if everybody must live the same way...not have any choice..and all we have our opinion,what we like and so...but please dont say things,if u are not sure..or see it with ur own eyes.

Danielab

posted 03 February 2005 10:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Danielab     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
HI Karim , Please might you to say how much costs a flat here, an average? and if there are available flats to rent with or without furniture?
I like it, because i look is clean no pollution, quite place, etc , etccc .
I must take a very important decision that's why I need this information.
Waiting for your answer.
My regards Karim and all ladies and gentlemen of this forum.

karim

posted 03 February 2005 03:35 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Hi,

I have heard that they rasied the price from 1800-2200pounds for sqm. If you are looking for a flat to rent, you can check at the Elwaseet newspaper there are many that want to rent or sell at the old prices. I have bought mine this way.

People should go and look at it first before saying I don't like that or that. I love it a lot and it's very nice. It's safe place for your kids, you will not be worried that your kid riding their bicycle from crazy drivers, and your wife walking home alone at night, as there is a Rehab police petrol car driving around day and night. There is about 4 or more schools, and they are not that expensive, one of them they ask for 5000 a year. Btw newcomer there was no shortage of water at all, as Rehab takes it's water from diffrent line than Naser City .

Anyone that wants DSL it's only 150/month and Tedata has very nice offer pay 1 month get other free, so I ordered 3 month and got 3 free and 512kb, by that time I am sure that DSL will get cheaper.

Rehab= Egyptian Heaven

newcomer

posted 04 February 2005 03:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for newcomer     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Assalamu alaykum karim!

I heard from friends in Rehab that you hadn't had problems with your water, lucky you! It was in fact EgyptianSalsa that mentioned that you had. Alhamdu lillah, our water now seems to be back to normal!

karim

posted 04 February 2005 03:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

It's good the water is back. I have read that they will build a new water line from El Obour City in 2 month that will feed Naser City.

Tigerlily

posted 04 February 2005 04:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tigerlily     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:
Salamalekum, dears,

there is also a german school in Rehab, right? Is it directly inside, or in the desert? Does anybody have the site of this german school,
because I would like to apply for work there.
I read long ago, that they give a flat to live free and 4000 LE....?
Anybodu knows?

Salam
Sara

Didn't find anything for a German School in Rehab but there is one in Heliopolis and they are looking for child care providers (kindergarden). Check out www.kairofamiliennetz.de

Also if anyone is interested there is a nanny job available posted by an Italian woman located in Sharm-El-Sheikh. The advertising is posted on the same website in English language.

samdantin

posted 06 February 2005 05:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for samdantin     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
n

miami_vice

posted 16 February 2005 09:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for miami_vice     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I live in America and I have been passing one month at a friendīs "villa" in Al Rehab.
To tell you the truth I felt like living in an horrible and awfull copy of the cheapest places of Miami...at least there,there is a beach.
Who in the world can design a house with 5 bathrooms and only 3 bedrooms...a enormous terrace and no swimming pool?????
I think this place only for egyptians people
who wanted to be seen as the high society.
Donīt be foolish...the rich society donīt live at those disneyworldlike plastic places.

karim

posted 17 February 2005 08:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karim     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Hi Miami,

You don't compare Miami houses with the ones in Rehab, and yes the finishing, and the design isn't that nice but not all of them are like that. Rehab wasn't build for rich people, they used to sell the sqm for 900pounds and now it's 1800-2200pounds, so if you are looking for something special then go check Mirage City or Katamiya Heights. Btw at least Rehab is build by cement not like US houses which are made from lightwood, and if someone flushes the toilet you can hear it from the other house `

Tigerlily

posted 05 April 2005 03:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tigerlily     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hope it helps, AJ-07.......