EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  giant human skeleton found in Saudi Arabia

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   giant human skeleton found in Saudi Arabia
karinfarid

posted 13 May 2004 04:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karinfarid     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
http://nation.ittefaq.com/artman/publish/article_8519.shtml

PLS. EVERYBODY TAKE A LOOK OF THAT PHOTO! I can't figure out how to post it here without a URL link to the pic? what do you think?

By Saalim Alvi from Riyadh
Apr 22, 2004, 12:04

Recently gas exploration is going in the desert of south east region of Saudi Arabia. This desert region is called Empty Quarter, which means in Arabic "RAB - UL -KHAALEE"; this body has been found by ARAMCO exploration team. This proves what Allah SWT said in QURAN about the people of AAD nation and HOOD nation.

They were so tall, wide and very power full that they were able to pull out big trees just with the one hand. But what happen after when they become misguided and disobeys Allah SWT, Allah SWT destroyed the whole nation. ULEMA KIRAM of Saudi Arabia believes that this body belongs to AAD nation.

Saudi military took over this whole area. And nobody is allowed to go in this region except Saudi ARAMCO personnel's. Saudi government has kept it very secret but some military helicopters took pictures from air. And one of them he runs on internet here in Saudi Arabia.
© Copyright 2003 by The New Nation

IP: Logged

Monica

posted 13 May 2004 05:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Monica     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 17 May 2004).]

Nefertiti

posted 13 May 2004 06:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nefertiti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Something like this is very positive and would be nice to believe. Thanks Karin

BUT..... there are other websites saying this is not true. I won't post which ones because they were blatantly anti-islamic. Does anyone else have further information about it? I guess i could check the aramco site.

Will let you know if i find anything.

Laura

posted 13 May 2004 06:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Laura     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dear Karin,
Here is the photo
to post a photo, left click on the photo, go to properties, u will see the url, copy and paste in your message here, BUT add [img] directly before the url and add [/img] at end. Hope this helps in future.

[This message has been edited by Laura (edited 13 May 2004).]

Nefertiti

posted 13 May 2004 06:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nefertiti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Well unfortunately i haven't time right now to thoroughly check the aramco site, but i have managed to confirm that the exploration area exists.

A colleague of mine worked near it and it's on the border between Oman and Saudi.

I just feel that you have to be soo careful what you read with regards to Islam. We are already in a bad way without adding trying to falsify info to make Islam look good. If we can use positive, real info to salvage the world view of Islam that's better than fake stuff that brings more negativity.

Unfortunately there are people (Muslims) that will do that.

Laura

posted 13 May 2004 06:36 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Laura     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
According to the UrbanLegends website this photo was entered in a contest 2 years ago. It was manipulated from a photo of a mastadon skeleton excavated by a Cornell University team.
hmmmm

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_giant_skeleton.htm

I agree about posting things such as this without solid proof.

Laura

Nefertiti

posted 13 May 2004 06:47 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nefertiti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Thanks for that Laura, this is similar to what i found on another website, but they added derogatory words regarding Muslims and Islam

karinfarid

posted 13 May 2004 07:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karinfarid     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hello all,

thanks for the info on how to post pictures!

I did some research also in the meantime, the article was mentioned originally in a Bangladesh newspaper, it's called the Nation.
http://nation.ittefaq.com/artman/publish/article_8519.shtml

I found the website also of the said Photoshop-contest;
http://www.worth1000.com/cache/contest/contestcache.asp?contest_id=447&display=photoshop

Sorry for the commotion, I was going to post the refutation faster than this, but I got caught up in work..

Sorry also for posting this, but at least all the information and links may help somebody else who has come accross the same story!

all the best & salam,

Karin

latifu

posted 31 May 2004 06:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for latifu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The Quran and the life of the prophet(pbuh) is the biggest miracle and evidence that is and continues to be around till eternity inshallah.
If that is not enough for people to believe than no other evidence would ever suffice. Allahu alim(God knows best).

The picture is a FAKE!!!! http://zuhair.blogs.com/rants/2004/04/the_saudi_aramc.html

Sunday, April 04, 2004
the truth: saudi aramco's giant human skeleton
the saudi aramco giant and the rumors that go with it can all be put to rest once and for all.

in my original post about the email that i got, i got alot of people writing in about what the giant could be. some said it was adam (yeah, from adam and eve), others claimed that it was a giant alien that had died millions of years ago and that the remains were being kept a secret by the saudi / aramco authorities - sort of like their own area 51!

the reason for my original post was to find out more about this from the folks out there, i did not expect someone from saudi aramco to write in! and so the mystery of the giant human skeleton is no more, it's finally put to rest. here's what saudi aramco had to say:

Saudi Aramco's Public Relations Department has received numerous queries regarding this email report that Saudi Aramco has discovered a giant human skeleton in the Rub' al-Khali.

Both the report and the photograph are fakes. The photo is a doctored image whose original belongs to Cornell University in the USA. The real photo, taken on Sept. 16, 2000, shows the actual excavation of a mastodon (prehistoric elephant) skeleton by Cornell University scientists in Hyde Park, New York. Further details are available here: http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/outreach/mastodon/aerial-views.html. In the faked version, a picture of a human skeleton has been superimposed over the scene, along with a small human figure added to create the impression that the "skeleton" is gigantic.

To reiterate, the "human skeleton" photo is a fake, and has nothing to do with Saudi Aramco. Sorry!

Nefertiti

posted 31 May 2004 07:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Nefertiti     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by latifu:
The Quran and the life of the prophet(pbuh) is the biggest miracle and evidence that is and continues to be around till eternity inshallah.
If that is not enough for people to believe than no other evidence would ever suffice. Allahu alim(God knows best).

Actually sometimes the Qu'ran and Life of Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) are not enough for people to believe. For example people that are not able to read arabic may not be able to understand the miracle of the Quran. They will have to rely on what others tell them.

Each person has their own way of being convinced because we are all different.

Allahu Alam

El Kadafi

posted 31 May 2004 09:56 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for El Kadafi     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Saw it a month or two ago, fake.

[This message has been edited by El Kadafi (edited 31 May 2004).]

Akhenaten

posted 02 June 2004 01:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Akhenaten     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I find any exploration very interesting and also your arguments.

Don't you think that it is a similar argument worldwide. People want proof of God/Allah.

Faith is all you need and love. How can you ever provide tangible proof of God/Allah??

You just know

sandroribi

posted 29 June 2004 02:06 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sandroribi     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The Bible speaks about giants, so I suppose they must have existed (the same is true for Noah's Ark):

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." (Genesis 6:4)

Also Goliath:
"And a fighter came out from the tents of the Philistines, named Goliath of Gath; he was more than six cubits tall (3 meters)." (1 Samuel 17:4)