EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  American Liberation, Know How

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   American Liberation, Know How
sciencesailor

posted 22 May 2004 02:36 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sciencesailor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Everyone
I am shocked with the News coming out of Iraq about the humiliation/suffering/abuse that our brothers and sisters, the Iraqis, have been facing since their American Liberators occupied their lands. A wedding gathering in a village near the Syrean borders (10 miles away from the borders) was blasted by the Apatchy war planes killing 40 persons most of them women and children! The American commanding officer refused to apologize! The village, after the air attack was invaded by US soldjers searching for what they claimed "foreign fighters"!
I visited a British journal's site and found this report/facts that clearly show the American army in Iraq has been just a group of Mercenaries well paied to punish the occupied nation used to be named Iraq!

Here are the first few paragraphs including the link:

The other prisoners

Most of the coverage of abuse at Abu Ghraib has focused on male detainees. But what of the five women held in the jail, and the scores elsewhere in Iraq? Luke Harding reports

Thursday May 20, 2004
The Guardian

The scandal at Abu Ghraib prison was first exposed not by a digital photograph but by a letter. In December 2003, a woman prisoner inside the jail west of Baghdad managed to smuggle out a note. Its contents were so shocking that, at first, Amal Kadham Swadi and the other Iraqi women lawyers who had been trying to gain access to the US jail found them hard to believe.
The note claimed that US guards had been raping women detainees, who were, and are, in a small minority at Abu Ghraib. Several of the women were now pregnant, it added. The women had been forced to strip naked in front of men, it said. The note urged the Iraqi resistance to bomb the jail to spare the women further shame.

Late last year, Swadi, one of seven female lawyers now representing women detainees in Abu Ghraib, began to piece together a picture of systemic abuse and torture perpetrated by US guards against Iraqi women held in detention without charge. This was not only true of Abu Ghraib, she discovered, but was, as she put it, "happening all across Iraq".

Before any given army to launch a war, there is a final stage of preparation on completing all the required training, it is called the Moral Acceptance/Reasoning behind the decision to go to a war with the Enemy. Based on this final stage soldjers/young officers kill the Enemy and accept to die in the battle field. I find it hard to figure out what those American Mercenaries were told at their army camps in USA?! Say: you are going to invade a Savage population and will impose on them the Western values. These people, the Iraqis, are just like insects, you are free to do whatever you wish with them!
If my speculations above are wrong or exaggerated, so can any one tell me what was those soldjers raping Iraqi women everywhere in Iraq were told in their last preparation for war? I am serious and wish to know.
Salam
Yours: ScienceSailor

IP: Logged

dajjal

posted 22 May 2004 02:52 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dajjal     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Those Americans In Iraq are acting like wild animals hence should be rightfully treated like wild animals by the Iraqi resistance.

dreamcatcher

posted 22 May 2004 04:54 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dreamcatcher     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sciencesailor:
Hi Everyone
I am shocked with the News coming out of Iraq about the humiliation/suffering/abuse that our brothers and sisters, the Iraqis, have been facing since their American Liberators occupied their lands. A wedding gathering in a village near the Syrean borders (10 miles away from the borders) was blasted by the Apatchy war planes killing 40 persons most of them women and children! The American commanding officer refused to apologize! The village, after the air attack was invaded by US soldjers searching for what they claimed "foreign fighters"!
I visited a British journal's site and found this report/facts that clearly show the American army in Iraq has been just a group of Mercenaries well paied to punish the occupied nation used to be named Iraq!

Here are the first few paragraphs including the link:

The other prisoners

Most of the coverage of abuse at Abu Ghraib has focused on male detainees. But what of the five women held in the jail, and the scores elsewhere in Iraq? Luke Harding reports

Thursday May 20, 2004
The Guardian

The scandal at Abu Ghraib prison was first exposed not by a digital photograph but by a letter. In December 2003, a woman prisoner inside the jail west of Baghdad managed to smuggle out a note. Its contents were so shocking that, at first, Amal Kadham Swadi and the other Iraqi women lawyers who had been trying to gain access to the US jail found them hard to believe.
The note claimed that US guards had been raping women detainees, who were, and are, in a small minority at Abu Ghraib. Several of the women were now pregnant, it added. The women had been forced to strip naked in front of men, it said. The note urged the Iraqi resistance to bomb the jail to spare the women further shame.

Late last year, Swadi, one of seven female lawyers now representing women detainees in Abu Ghraib, began to piece together a picture of systemic abuse and torture perpetrated by US guards against Iraqi women held in detention without charge. This was not only true of Abu Ghraib, she discovered, but was, as she put it, "happening all across Iraq".

Before any given army to launch a war, there is a final stage of preparation on completing all the required training, it is called the Moral Acceptance/Reasoning behind the decision to go to a war with the Enemy. Based on this final stage soldjers/young officers kill the Enemy and accept to die in the battle field. I find it hard to figure out what those American Mercenaries were told at their army camps in USA?! Say: you are going to invade a Savage population and will impose on them the Western values. These people, the Iraqis, are just like insects, you are free to do whatever you wish with them!
If my speculations above are wrong or exaggerated, so can any one tell me what was those soldjers raping Iraqi women everywhere in Iraq were told in their last preparation for war? I am serious and wish to know.
Salam

Yes SS the behavioue of US military is becomming more bizaar as we wittness more crimes committed against humanity, I just beg people to now sign a petition to United Nations, Addressed To Kofi Annan. I know the US and Britian went against UN reports and just had total disregard for all the other countries in the world who were against the US and Britian going in. But the superpower has its own agenda, and does as it pleases, they do not respect the UN, because they went against UN and did what they always want 2 do. I visit websites about death penalty in US, have come accross so many website regarding the pros and cons of it. I do not believe in any eye for an eye. The track record from little I have read is that most of offenders in jail in America are black. Racism is rife in US.
Was just trying to explain my view.
I am now even more confused as to what goes on in US. I really think a petition to UN is the way 2 go. I think a peaceful protest arranged in countries throughout the world on a specific day outside Us embassy through out the world. Let it go through all of the time zones. But it must be peaceful. I think that would send a clear message to US to leave Iraq.

Just my thoughts.
Dreamcatcher
Take care

karinfarid

posted 23 May 2004 05:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karinfarid     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the UN and Kofi 'Tamam' are good for nothing, so are their resolutions. The only thing that could stop the murder, torture and cynical slaps in the faces of Arab/Muslim people would be an Arab/Muslim Ummah (il helm il araby, how much I do love this song).

Until then what keeps me from going completely crazy, mad and depressed is the promise by God, that every person shall be judged for what he/she did in this life, and will be recompensed for the suffering and the pain, and that Allah is the most Merciful to the believing Muslims and the most Stern in the punishment of the unbelievers.

wa la hawla wa la quowata ila billah

salam, Karin

sciencesailor

posted 23 May 2004 02:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sciencesailor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ms Karin
My dear wife loves this song The Arabian Dream very much, at times I see tears coming out of her beautiful spanish eyes. I comfort her and tell her that their could be hope with the new generations, they might be wiser and more mature.
Mr Dreamcatcher
i agree with Ms KarinFarid that nothing will be gained through Coffee Tamam (in Arabic Tamam means every thing is perfect, Ms Karen hinting that he says it to his Boss at the White House).
Ms Karin & Mr Dreamcatcher
What about writing to the Big Boss himself
www.whitehouse.gov
If we do that someone might give a damn to what the people here think and wish. A change, I doubt, but we may be more positive if we do.
Salam

karinfarid

posted 24 May 2004 08:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for karinfarid     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
it is just getting worse and worse...
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article6239.htm

The Independent, UK. 23/05/04:

The Marine's tale: 'We killed 30 civilians in six weeks. I felt we were committing genocide'

During 12 years in the US Marines, including three years putting new recruits through boot camp, Staff Sergeant Jimmy Massey hardly questioned his role. But what he saw in Iraq changed that.

"In a month and a half my platoon and I killed more than 30 civilians," Mr Massey said. He saw bodies being desecrated and robbed, and wounded civilians being dumped by the roadside without medical treatment. After he told his commanding officer that he felt "we were committing genocide", he was called a "wimp".

sciencesailor

posted 25 May 2004 10:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for sciencesailor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ms Karin Farid
Thanks for the link and also info in it that does not show up in CNN. i did submit my email address to receive their regular newsletter.
From the very beginning I said the War in Iraq is a dirty War. The rotten smell of Oil greed and certain contractors affiliation to the Big Boss at the White House is spreading increasingly as time pass.
It is the time for the conscientous Americans to search for evidence of corruption in their top government positions and tell this corrupt administration to stop lecturing us in the Mideast about Democracy and Women's rights. Their soldiers raped our young girls and made them pregnant & made our men practice homosexual activities under shooting threats to kill their feeling of honor and dignity.
Shame on you Mr president
Would a gentleman/lady reading this post now tell me if he/she could locate an Internet site where I can watch a video parts of the American Director (his name is Moore, I think) that his documentary film about Bush/Bin Laden financial ties won the French Cann's Film Festival? Appreciate you help with providing this Link.
Salam
Yours: scienceSailor

Tigerlily

posted 25 May 2004 12:15 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tigerlily     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
www.msn.com
Entertainment
Movies
Entertainment News ("Moore's Anti-Bush Film Wins Cannes Prize")

Director Michael Moore's movie is called "Fahrenheit 9/11". There is a link to watch a videoclip.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 25 May 2004).]

sciencesailor

posted 25 May 2004 01:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for sciencesailor     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ms Tigerlily
I visited the Link/Site above. Managed to read several articles about Moore's movies including "Fahrenheit 9/11" but did not manage to run the video clip. I did not sign in, I will try again but sign in first then see the outcome.
Thanks for your help.
Have a goodnight. Salam.