EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  Luxor Lawyer Needed

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Luxor Lawyer Needed
akshar

posted 15 June 2004 03:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for akshar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Does anyone know of a lawyer in Luxor that is a notary and has his stamps in English. I needed to get a copy of my passport stamped by a public notary and sent to England but the English lawyers need the stamp to be in English.

I am sure i could get this done in Cairo but I really don't want to have to go all that way.

My husband has been making enquiries here in Luxor so far with little success. He suggested that you guys on the net might have more success than he has had.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

IP: Logged

Luxorlover

posted 15 June 2004 05:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Luxorlover     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Have you spoken to Mr Gaddis the British Consul? He is in his office at the Gaddis Hotel every day except Friday between 11.00 am and 2.00 pm. He would know what you have to do and where you can get things done.

Debbie

posted 16 June 2004 02:02 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Debbie     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't know what you will need for sure, but I know the ONLY place I can get my stuff notorized at is the American Embassy, and it's expensive!!!

akshar

posted 16 June 2004 06:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for akshar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
I don't know what you will need for sure, but I know the ONLY place I can get my stuff notorized at is the American Embassy, and it's expensive!!!

As you Americans would say, you said a mouthful.

Mr Gaddis was able to do it for me and the solicitor in Uk conformed it was acceptable. I had several pieces of papaer I needed doing and it cost me 845 LE that is the price of 155 bottles of Stella Arrrgggh.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Luxorlover

posted 16 June 2004 07:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Luxorlover     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I asked him to register my will (already prepared etc). The cost 650 LE.

akshar

posted 16 June 2004 07:19 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for akshar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
I asked him to register my will (already prepared etc). The cost 650 LE.

You get your will done start to finish for less than that in the UK. Nothing like having exclusive rights to bump up the price.

------------------

mimohaswan@hotmail.com

posted 16 June 2004 12:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for mimohaswan@hotmail.com     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
TAKE THIS LAWER,HIS NAME IS AYMAN SALAH,HIS OFFICE IN LUXOR BY THE T V.STREET,
HIS TELEPHONE NUMBER IS 1015059056
HE IS A PROFESSIONAL LAWER AND GOOD AT THE SAME TIME,,,HOPE Y GET WHAT Y WANT,WISH YOU LUCK