EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  Egyptian doctors to sudan.

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Egyptian doctors to sudan.
BahYBasha

posted 01 August 2004 03:47 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BahYBasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dr. mansour hassan had been sent as a head of a group of Egyptian doctors to Darfur to check the medical situation out there. In his report, he denied any raped crimes or burns had happened that the western media had been talking about all the time. They had tested about 17 thousands patients and non of them included any rape crimes neither anybody had reported a case of rape crime. 10 thousands were tested in alfasher (where most of the war had been going on) and 6110 patients in alganina. Medical care was given including eye, bone and general surgeries.

He also said that they brought big quantities of medicines for burns and they didn’t use it except for two cases. There had been burning of some villages but not to the extent pointed out by the western media.

His report included also 3 incidents where the western media was trying to alter facts, for example they were taking picture of normal graves that had existed for long time and picturing it as a massive killing graves done in Darfur.

Articles about Dr. mansour hassan to Darfur can seen @ [url] http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2004/8/8-1-10.htm[\url] or at the local newspapers.

My question here is 30 days given to the governments is enough time to solve a problem that had existed for years? And the other question, why is the western media is always trying to alter facts? are we going to see anther scenario like the one happened in Iraq where the media used to convince people that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

IP: Logged

cappa

posted 01 August 2004 04:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for cappa     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
oh please...the arabic media brainwashed u...if its not logical and it doesn't make sense then its not true..no matter wt the media says.western media or other..

BahYBasha

posted 01 August 2004 05:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BahYBasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cappa:
oh please...the arabic media brainwashed u...if its not logical and it doesn't make sense then its not true..no matter wt the media says.western media or other..

why dont u say that ur media brainwashed u?!

anyways, arabic media suck to brian wash me!!!

dreamcatcher

posted 01 August 2004 05:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for dreamcatcher     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BahYBasha:
Dr. mansour hassan had been sent as a head of a group of Egyptian doctors to Darfur to check the medical situation out there. In his report, he denied any raped crimes or burns had happened that the western media had been talking about all the time. They had tested about 17 thousands patients and non of them included any rape crimes neither anybody had reported a case of rape crime. 10 thousands were tested in alfasher (where most of the war had been going on) and 6110 patients in alganina. Medical care was given including eye, bone and general surgeries.

He also said that they brought big quantities of medicines for burns and they didn’t use it except for two cases. There had been burning of some villages but not to the extent pointed out by the western media.

His report included also 3 incidents where the western media was trying to alter facts, for example they were taking picture of normal graves that had existed for long time and picturing it as a massive killing graves done in Darfur.

Articles about Dr. mansour hassan to Darfur can seen @ [url] ]http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2004/8/8-1-10.htm[\url] or at the local newspapers.

My question here is 30 days given to the governments is enough time to solve a problem that had existed for years? And the other question, why is the western media is always trying to alter facts? are we going to see anther scenario like the one happened in Iraq where the media used to convince people that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq?

Hmmmmmm, that is a biggie and not an easy qestion to answer.
At times the western media can exaggerate, however, this time I feel they are pretty much on the mark as to gross human rights violations. I watch TV reporters from my country reporting and they are not biased, they have very strong working ethics and tell you like it is,to the devastation that is occurring with monotounous regualariy on a daily basis.
South Africa has sent an army regiment to oversee the peace keepers in Dufar. I am horried at the greed and ethnic cleansing that is still so prevalant in the 21st century. The slaughter of innocent woman and children, not to mention the rape. I am sure our government has also sent a contigent of Doctors.
No one can justify to me, the barbaric way in which these defenseless peace loving people have been slaughtered by the thousands because they are not muslims, being driven off the land, land grabs has taken on a new meaning. These poor people now living in refugee camps where there is no food, no water. Been stripped of their dignity. I get so mad.
Yeah..... there prospect look great. Yeah Right.
It will neva become another Iraq, not enough money there.

Dreamcatcher
I am gatvol

[This message has been edited by dreamcatcher (edited 01 August 2004).]

BahYBasha

posted 01 August 2004 06:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BahYBasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dreamcatcher:

It will neva become another Iraq, not enough money there.

[This message has been edited by dreamcatcher (edited 01 August 2004).]

there is no enough money but there is enough pertrolium in south sudan. All what sudan needs is investments to extract this wealth.

By the way, the war was between the government and the other resistance groups which didn’t include the suddenness themselves. Of course they moved from Dufur because it is not safe but they hadn’t been slaughtered by the government and even the UN report didn’t mention a massive killing of the suddenness people living there. It mentioned that there conditions are very bad due to lack of water, shelter, food etc due to the war conditions between the government and the military resistance groups.

homeylu

posted 01 August 2004 08:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homeylu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
there is no enough money but there is enough pertrolium in south sudan. All what sudan needs is investments to extract this wealth.

By the way, the war was between the government and the other resistance groups which didn’t include the suddenness themselves. Of course they moved from Dufur because it is not safe but they hadn’t been slaughtered by the government and even the UN report didn’t mention a massive killing of the suddenness people living there. It mentioned that there conditions are very bad due to lack of water, shelter, food etc due to the war conditions between the government and the military resistance groups.

I'm sorry that Arabs would like to sweep this one under the rug, and think that everyone in the west is after their goddamn oil, but this is a human atrocity that deserves international support, and it's insulting that you would try to minimize the plight of of thousands of human rights violations, many whom have taken refuge in Western countries who have a different story to tell than you beloved Egyptian doctors!!!!!!!
http://teacher.scholastic.com/upfront/issue/articles/1ALOST.htm
http://framehosting.dowjonesnews.com/sample/samplestory.asp?StoryID=200404221221000 0&Take=1

[This message has been edited by homeylu (edited 01 August 2004).]

homeylu

posted 01 August 2004 09:06 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homeylu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Which reminds me, SOUTH Sudan, is where the largest Christian Non-Arab community resides, isn't that what the Northern ARAB Sudanese are after? The control of the OIL???????? You know as well as the rest of us, that's what they've been fighting over "internally" for years, but none of you gave a damn because they are African and they are non-muslim, and now you're trying to sit here and accuse the West of going after their oil. And then to take a cheap shot and compare it with the situation in Iraq?????

BahYBasha

posted 01 August 2004 09:40 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for BahYBasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by homeylu:
Which reminds me, SOUTH Sudan, is where the largest Christian Non-Arab community resides, isn't that what the Northern ARAB Sudanese are after? The control of the OIL???????? You know as well as the rest of us, that's what they've been fighting over "internally" for years, but none of you gave a damn because they are African and they are non-muslim, and now you're trying to sit here and accuse the West of going after their oil. And then to take a cheap shot and compare it with the situation in Iraq?????

I am not trying to mininise the violations of human rights in sudan but what i am trying to say that the media is exaggrating things up. thats it! I believe that the sudan Government is responsible for the situition. Something i want to add, Most government (including the states) in the world violate human rights and u can check the report of the Europion union about the violation of the Europian countries of human rights. I am not defending the sudan`s government but i dont think 30 days is enough time to solve a problem that big and i was just wondering why did the UN leave all this going on for more than 10 years and only after the US pressure, they started looking at the bad conditions of those people??

Poltics is about interests (e.g. oil), if u got an interest in a country u have to start playing poltics.

homeylu

posted 01 August 2004 10:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homeylu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
I am not trying to mininise the violations of human rights in sudan but what i am trying to say that the media is exaggrating things up. thats it! I believe that the sudan Government is responsible for the situition. Something i want to add, Most government (including the states) in the world violate human rights and u can check the report of the Europion union about the violation of the Europian countries of human rights. I am not defending the sudan`s government but i dont think 30 days is enough time to solve a problem that big and i was just wondering why did the UN leave all this going on for more than 10 years and only after the US pressure, they started looking at the bad conditions of those people??

Poltics is about interests (e.g. oil), if u got an interest in a country u have to start playing poltics.

Okay well maybe I misunderstood what you were suggesting. But one thing we can agree on in all cases---it's the corrupt governments, not the general population. Sorry if I came off too strong, but this situation in Sudan has been nagging at me for several years.

cairoexpat

posted 02 August 2004 02:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for cairoexpat     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
BahYBasha,

Since Dr. Mansour Hassan had no need for all the medical supplies Egypt sent to Sudan because everything is “just fine” down there, why not have them send it back to Egypt. I’m sure we could find 6110 needy Egyptian patients that could use it here in the local villages. And since you were so quick to point out that one of Sudan’s problems is water, why not ask the 30 million Egyptians that wash their cars, trucks, motorcycles, and mini-buses on a daily bases to donate that 5-6 liters of water they use everyday to Sudan. I’m sure Sudan could use the 150,000,000 liters of water that Egyptians pour on the ground every day. Hell’ I bet there are a lot of African countries that could use Egypt’s excess water and you could easily find 20-40 million discarded plastic bottles laying around Cairo on any given day to put that water in. Just food for thought…..

Haqikah

posted 02 August 2004 02:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Haqikah     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
BahYBasha

So nothing is about human rights anymore, everything is now about politics and oil, is that what you think?

I think you're insulting the entire international community with that statement. The UN has been discussing the issue in Sudan for decades, it is the Sudanese government that never allowed UN inspectors into the country to witness the despair.

Egypt has accepted several Sudanese refugees as well, homely. Cairoexpat you're correct, the local villagers could use the excess medical supplies.

Hagina

posted 02 August 2004 03:05 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Hagina     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Let me say my opinion about it ......
I think the 30 days are not for the government to solve the problem but the 30 days to make the problem more complicated !!
Even if everything is solved within the 30 days ( it is impossible to do so ) they will find another excuse to step into Sudan to save lot of souls ( the same as what they did in Iraq .... hehhee) then later on they may look after other souls in Syria - Saudi Arabia - Egypt - Iran - .... etc
Let me say it loudly ...... They will do what they have on mind not because they are strong but because we are weak !!!
Where was our Minister of FA Mr. Amr Moussa
did he forget when he was our Minister of FA that Sudan is of a very strategic importance to Egypt .... what did he do .... nothing !!!
We played a role in what happened in Sudan and we have to play a role in what will happen but this time we have to learn from the mistakes we have done ........

NO HARD FEELINGS

[/B][/QUOTE]

BahYBasha

posted 02 August 2004 08:15 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BahYBasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Haqikah:

I think you're insulting the entire international community with that statement. The UN has been discussing the issue in Sudan for decades, it is the Sudanese government that never allowed UN inspectors into the country to witness the despair.

Do u really believe that there is a fair international community that acts when they see any human crises or violation of human rights?
The UN is to a large extent is controlled by a number of countries that have the power.

Where was the UN when USA was invading Iraq?

What did the UN forces do during the mass murder at Rwanda given that the UN forces were in Rwanda before, during and after the mass murder?

What did the UN do when Israel said that it won’t comply with the decisions taken by the UN to remove the wall?

I can give u a long list….

In short, I want to say that it is all politics, when some countries got interests in anther country, they start to play politics. Do u really think that the UN/US care much about the suddenness in the south? It is just looks suspicious when the UN/US suddenly starts to act about a case that had existed for more than 10 years! There should be something fishy about it.

BahYBasha

posted 02 August 2004 08:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for BahYBasha     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hagina:

Let me say my opinion about it ......
I think the 30 days are not for the government to solve the problem but the 30 days to make the problem more complicated !!

[/B][/QUOTE]

It is immpossible for any government to solve a problem that big and disarm all the melichias in just 30 days. This is a Diplomatic way to start a war and they are really getting close to us. If they successfully invaded Sudan, we will be totally surrounded.