EgyptSearch Forums
  Living in Egypt
  Vagine Monologues

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Vagine Monologues
prpboy

posted 31 January 2005 11:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for prpboy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey guys ...
just one last question .. i used to be a theatre major in new york and i directed the vagina monologues for my senior thesis, now that i am in egypt .. i heard that the vagina monologues were performed at AUC .. with an all egyptian cast .. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ON VIDEO .. JUST TO SEE EGYPTIAN WOMEN SPEAKING UP ABOUT THEIR SEXUALITY IS GOING TO MAKE MY HEART DANCE LOL
anybody has any idea where can i get the auc performance of the vagina monologues on video or dvd or whatever ?
thanks

IP: Logged

Samia

posted 01 February 2005 04:51 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Samia     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
uh.. oh, prp.. I think you are asking for more monologues....!!!!
See my final note on your last thread.

prpboy

posted 01 February 2005 05:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for prpboy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
LOOL .. samia u r too funny LOOL
u got me girl .. but u know what ? as aggressive as the posts were .. they made me laugh to be honest LOL
and i just wanted to trigger those people on a different subject .. really interesting to see how they think !
but i really am looking for the video lol

saeeda

posted 01 February 2005 08:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for saeeda     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
hey prp,
i don't have the video unfortunately, just wanted to say that i really like your mind, i was busy yesterday and couldn't come to egyptsearch so today when i checked the new posts i couldn't believe how many reactions your small little innocent question provoked in just 1 or 2 days.
i guess it's the right attitude to just ignore those stupid attacks and comments, you can't change closed people's minds anyway and it's not worth wasting your time with trying that.
but, i wanna say just one thing, i felt sad somehow to read how you feel about being gay, i mean, come on it's not a "mistake" or something to feel sorry about, why can't you feel as happy with that as everyone else does about his sexuality??
okay, it obviously brings a lot of problems for you and i don't wish to be in your place just because of that, but the open and relaxed way you deal with this is totally cool and i really think you got a lot of reasons to be proud of that!!
i dunno if its a coincidence or no, but my experience with gays is that they are a lot more tolerant, respectful and caring than many other people.
that's why the only place where i ever go dancing is a gay's club... it's really nice also because nobody ever starts talking to me
oh and by the way, this club is turkish-arabic, it's crowded with 200 people each month. if you happen to be in berlin one day, give me a note and i'll take you there

Tigerlily

posted 01 February 2005 09:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Tigerlily     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prpboy:
hey guys ...
just one last question .. i used to be a theatre major in new york and i directed the vagina monologues for my senior thesis, now that i am in egypt .. i heard that the vagina monologues were performed at AUC .. with an all egyptian cast .. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT ON VIDEO .. JUST TO SEE EGYPTIAN WOMEN SPEAKING UP ABOUT THEIR SEXUALITY IS GOING TO MAKE MY HEART DANCE LOL
anybody has any idea where can i get the auc performance of the vagina monologues on video or dvd or whatever ?
thanks

Strange request of yours as you are declaring yourself 'gay'. Sure you're not just confused a bit right now and exploring everything? Watch you will end up marrying a nice Lebanese girl one day in your life (I probably sound like your mother)..... nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 01 February 2005).]

germansara

posted 01 February 2005 01:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for germansara     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
...........or maybe it's Charlies new username.......
....................mostly split personality........

prpboy

posted 02 February 2005 02:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for prpboy     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the vagina monologues is not a sexual play LOL
it has nothing to do with me being gay LOOOL its a show about women rights .. and yes i am guy but i consider myself a femenist .. BIG TIME !
and saeeda thank you so much for your message .. and actually i am very cool with being gay .. but i just dont see the point of being proud of it .. i mean .. i like to keep things real .. u dont see straight people braging about their sexuality ? right ?
i dont like to act like a minority or an exception .. because if i dont act like one .. then people wont treat me as one !
but anyway .. thanx again for your message .. and as for the club .. would love to go there .. but since i am happly partnered with the greatest man in the whole wide world ..we will have to take him with us

saeeda

posted 02 February 2005 04:24 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for saeeda     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prpboy:
.. but since i am happly partnered with the greatest man in the whole wide world ..we will have to take him with us

can't be ya man!!! it's me who got the greatest...
wish it's not the same one sorry joking.

anyway, yeah sure you are right, i didn't mean that you gotta be proud to be gay, what i meant is that you got a lot of guts to deal with that openly and THAT'S what you can be proud of, anyway i know what you mean, and i just wanted to comment on that because many people's posts sounded like "oh poor guy he happens to be gay" but i think it's totally cool to be gay and the world would be more poor if there weren't people like you, it's the differences which make the world so beautiful.
ah by the way, did you hear about the mayor of berlin, he said something which made him very famous, it was one of his first words in public when he became mayor, he said slooooooowly and with big emphasis:
"ich bin SCHWUL, UND DAS IST GUT SO"
("I'm gay, AND THAT'S GREAT")
the next day all german media went crazy but what the hell
the point is it's sad actually that this is still an "issue" and some people care about it. something is wrong in this world if a politician has to state in public that he is gay. it means that some people might mind (and he doesn't want some papparazzi to find out one day and make big scandal about it in the yellow press... so he better chooses to make it public from the beginning). but nobody states "i'm after women" or "i like SM" when he becomes mayor, so definitely somethings "rotten" in this world!!
ok sorry for this monologue but i am sensitive on this issue as i've had many gay friends and i really like them a lot (sometimes wished they weren't gay )

[This message has been edited by saeeda (edited 02 February 2005).]