EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  Religious proctices Ancient vs. Modern

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Religious proctices Ancient vs. Modern
Kem-Au

posted 19 December 2003 12:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kem-Au     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I have a question about religion and the concept of church in Kemet, specifically for the common people. Did they have Sunday church service? If not, did they have the idea of a day in the week being dedicated to worship? And how did they worship? Was it similar to their festivals?

What about modern Egyptians? How do they worship? Is it very Islamized (if that's a word), or is it similar to ancient practises?

IP: Logged

ausar

posted 19 December 2003 04:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is a very good question that you have asked about ancient Egypt vs modern Egypt. I believe I have asnwered this question again,but I will answer it again for you.

I cannot speak about the Egyptians in the cities or the Egyptians who reside in the Delta,but many of us still pratice our traditional belief systems. Each village has a shrine that is attened by a an elder that is in tune with the customs of old. Another form of whorship is through consulting a zar which include music like drumming and other forms of whorship. Go to the poor communities in Cairo and you will see these things. Even in the urban counterparts there is a shrine attened by a sufi master that takes ther place of the priests in ancient Kemetian times. Most often these shrines will be visited during Friday a day which is holy to Muslims. Much of these customs are synchrinized with Islam that appear to be Islam to many people but has little to do with Islam. Moustafa Gadalla talks about this on his website.

ausar

posted 19 December 2003 04:02 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The festival of ancient Kemetian times survies in what is called mouleds of Sufis. Similar pratices are found through the year like Shem El Nessim. The Sufi cultus took the pratices of old and preserved and morphed them.

Alsaadawi-4

posted 20 December 2003 03:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Ausar, I agree with you that all the rituals and festivals you explained are in fact Ancient Egyptian and still be practiced in Egypt without any change especially in the countryside villages. On the other hand, if we wish to answer the serious question of Kem-Au about the Ancient Egyptian religious creed and its relation to modern Christian and Islamic beliefs then we have to deal with ultra critical subject. To the misfortune of all sects modern Egyptologists mistranslated nearly 80% of AE Hieroglyphic writings in a way that severely distorted the true story of AE religious beliefs. It would need a long time before new honest unbiased savants and scholars show up and rectify all those titanic mistakes and fibs regarding the Ancient Egyptians.

Before answering this question we should classify AE history into few major ears, may be as follows:

I. Far pre-dynastic era (nearly 6000 years)
II. Near pre-dynastic era (nearly 2000 years)
III. Old kingdom era (nearly 1700 years including first intermediate period)
IV. Middle Kingdom era (nearly 1300 years including second intermediate period)
V. New Kingdom era (nearly 800 years including third intermediate period)
VI. Late era (nearly 500 years)
VII. Alexandrian-Ptolemaic era (nearly 300 years)
VIII. Roman era (nearly 350 years)
IX. Roman-Coptic era (nearly 300 years)
X. Arabian era (nearly 1300 years)

We should notice that Palermo Stone offers wider dating to the Old Kingdom and pre-dynastic chronology. I only suggested some mean values between PS dates and Manethon chronology who dates back the first dynasty to 5619-Bc, while Amad Bek Kamal, the vice director of the Egyptian Museum in the early 1900's, dates it back to only 5004-BC.

I'm suggesting this rough Egyptian historical category not to search for the true dating of each epoch but to investigate the progression of Egyptian religious beliefs thru ages.

First stage includes the epochs (I, II and III) which is from far pre-dynastic era up to the end of the Old Kingdom:

According to the ultra important Pyramid Texts and Palermo Stone Texts the Ancient Egyptians followed the Hanif (peaceful) creed of Abraham. The Hanif creed included all Sam [F36] creeds and the believing in Mari and divine Jesus as being a divine apostle to the children of Israel. Many Israelis tribes were considered as real Egyptians. In the Old Kingdom era we see a very beautiful and amazing statue for the 'true' AE Mari and Jesus (3isa). The word for Israel [D4:Q2-A40] has been misinterpreted as 'isir' or in Greek as 'isoris'!

The word [G39&N5], known in traditional Egyptology as 'sa-ra' truly means:

**seek Sun-Day prayers**

In fact the Sun-Day and the Free-Day or Friday were the same during all epochs of Ancient Egypt until year 390AD when the Copts separated it into two different days after prohibiting all kinds of AE religious rituals and destroyed or changed all AE temples.

Therefore, the AE religious creed during those early eras of Egyptian history was described as being the 'Unified Sam Religion'. But what happened thru next eras is another story!

Some pictures are published on my site: http://alsaadawi.exeedia.com/

Keino

posted 20 December 2003 03:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Keino     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
very interesting...thanks for you information...It does seem like Egyptology is the ONLY "scientific" field that does not want to accpet new data and information especially if it goes against what the old egyptologist have said..Science is NEVER static and new information with fact and proof should alway be welcomed and taken into consideration...again thanks for you posts.

Kem-Au

posted 21 December 2003 11:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kem-Au     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Alsaadawi-4,

I must admit that this is very interesting. Have the Pyramid Text or Palermo Stone ever been translated entirely and made available to common folk like me? I'd like to read them for more info. Also, do you plan to publish your findings?

Lastly, Is there anything published on the modern Upper Egyptian laguage? I've heard now on numerous occasions (the last time on that Nubia: Forgotten Kingdom program), that Upper Egyptians and Northern Sudanese still speak the Nubian language. I'm now wondering how close this language is to the ancient language. Staments like that, along with what you've been posting over the past few weeks, leads me to believe that the Kemite language might still actually be spoken in East Africa.

Alsaadawi-4

posted 22 December 2003 03:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Kem-Au, Thank you for your message. Yes, the Pyramid Texts and PS Texts have been translated by some good Egyptologists. I think you might get them from some sources and may be from Amazon.com. I early read some of Wallis Budge translations and I admired his work at that time. I got some important clues about AE religion and creeds from his translations. In fact, it was a trigger to my further research work.

I already published few of my findings in Egypt, but not all of them. For certain reasons I keep some important discoveries undercover. I don't know if I'll be able to release or publish them on public.

Due to my declared theory about the real nature of the AE language and how the spoken Egyptian has not changed since far pre-dynastic times up today many peoples in Egypt turned their attention to this fact and started to show it in various ways (like in popular songs and TV shows and conversations) all over the Egyptian media in spite of official objection. Also one may find some books that explain the spoken Egyptian in some detail.

Spoken language in Nubia, Upper Egypt and Lower Egypt is the same. Only the dialects are different. If you carefully listen to the Nubian speech word by word you wouldn't find any difference. The Nubians like to speak in a speedy way with words not being uttered fully (something like American English). That's why on the first impression you think it's a different spoken language while, in fact, it's the same. I spoke to many Nubians and I didn't find any difficulty to understand them. They are very honest and kind. I learned formal English in Egypt but when I went to England I found many other dialects in different places of England. Each time I had to change my dialect to let the local peoples understand my words. It is the same in Egypt.

I think the spoken Egyptian not only alive in East Africa but also in Sudan and some regions in West and South Africa. From some Hieroglyphic texts I realized that many Egyptians immigrated to different regions of Africa under the wild impacts of many foreign invasions and raids especially to Upper Egypt. Always, or mostly so, the black Africans welcomed the Egyptian immigrants and provided good protection and refuge to them. That's why many Hieroglyphic depictions show the black Africans as real loving brothers.

Alsaadawi 4

Alsaadawi-4

posted 22 December 2003 03:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Hi Keino. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, you have put the right statement that:

**It does seem like Egyptology is the ONLY "scientific" field that does not want to accept new data and information especially if it goes against what the old Egyptologists have said**

Again your wise statement:

** Science is NEVER static and new information with fact and proof should always be welcomed and taken into consideration**

Is really true and honest.

Let's hope that the science of Egyptology will preserve its great accomplishments by accepting new truthful data and new proved additions and modifications. Otherwise it will go dead forever.

Kem-Au

posted 22 December 2003 09:11 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kem-Au     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alsaadawi-4:

I think the spoken Egyptian not only alive in East Africa but also in Sudan and some regions in West and South Africa. From some Hieroglyphic texts I realized that many Egyptians immigrated to different regions of Africa under the wild impacts of many foreign invasions and raids especially to Upper Egypt. Always, or mostly so, the black Africans welcomed the Egyptian immigrants and provided good protection and refuge to them. That's why many Hieroglyphic depictions show the black Africans as real loving brothers.

Alsaadawi 4

I'd like to ask you a question about Upper Egyptians. Please don't take this the wrong way because I really just want to know your opinion. You referred to other Africans as black Africans. Is the feeling in Upper Egypt that they are not black Africans? Is so, is there an Egyptian word to identify other Africans, and what does it mean?

I find it very interesting how so many Africans (not just Egyptians) disassociate themselves from their African neighbors by referring to their neighbors as black, even though many outsiders can't see a difference when looking at them. There seem to be many many people all over Africa who refer to other Africans as black.

In Moustafa Gadalla's book Exiled Egyptians, he makes it pretty clear in a number of places that he feels ancient Egyptians were not black Africans. But he also specifies that black means different things to different people. What is the feeling in Upper Egypt?

ausar

posted 22 December 2003 11:07 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Upper Egyptians,for the most part,are black Africans. Many modern Upper Egyptians would definatley pass for black in the United States. Upper Egyptians have always been black people;while the Northern Lower Egyptians have been more of a mixture of African and Medditereaean elements.

Not only in their phenotype,but in many way the modern and ancient culture of the Sa3eadi are similar to other ''black'' Africans. I draw no division in the Sahara,because even the Sahara was mostly black in Neolithic times.

I am a Sa3eadi from Aswan and I most definatley consider myself black.

The skin tone of people like the Fulani in Western Afica is lighter than mine yet they are considered black.

Kem-Au

posted 22 December 2003 11:39 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kem-Au     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Upper Egyptians,for the most part,are black Africans. Many modern Upper Egyptians would definatley pass for black in the United States. Upper Egyptians have always been black people;while the Northern Lower Egyptians have been more of a mixture of African and Medditereaean elements.

Not only in their phenotype,but in many way the modern and ancient culture of the Sa3eadi are similar to other ''black'' Africans. I draw no division in the Sahara,because even the Sahara was mostly black in Neolithic times.

I am a Sa3eadi from Aswan and I most definatley consider myself black.

The skin tone of people like the Fulani in Western Afica is lighter than mine yet they are considered black.

Interesting. Perhaps a silly question, but do Upper Egyptians consider the modern Egyptian border to the Sudan a real country border?

I know I'm not wording this question very well. But for example the country we now called Nigeria has not been called Nigeria for very long, and refers to a British border, not to a group of people. And some of the people in Nigeria considered themselves closer to people in other countries like Cameroon because the Nigerian border did not exist before the early 20th century.

So do Upper Egyptians and northern Sudanese people feel that they are different people living in different countries, or the same people living in the same general region, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is do Upper Egyptians and Nubians recognize the Egypto-Sudanese border? I ask this because I keep hearing that they speak the same language, that these two groups seem to move around amongst each other, etc.

Alsaadawi-4

posted 22 December 2003 12:21 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The Egyptians, either Ancient or modern, never looked to skin color of any man. If someone has a black tone but speaks Egyptian then he is simply 'Egyptian'. Egyptians never say that he is 'black' Egyptian or 'black African' Egyptian. The Egyptians never know the term 'black Africans', they only say 'Africans' or in pure Egyptian 'Afarqa' exactly as they say 'Americans' or 'Japanese' or 'Chinese', etc. The Upper Egyptians never looked to themselves as 'black Africans' or as 'black Egyptians' they simply say that they are 'Sa3eedis'. The Sa3eedis have all skin tones from bright white to dark black, but they are all still Sa3eedis. You only know or recognize them by their distinguished dialect. We have great numbers of Sa3eedis of all color tones in Alexandria and we didn't turn any slight attention to their colors only to their language and honest conduct, in general. Most of the Egyptians trust the Sa3eedis more than any Egyptian sects. That's why they are very successful in the fields of business and trading.

I referred to the Africans as 'black Africans' according to your definition. But I never use this term here in Egypt because Egyptian peoples don't know it and will never accept it. I should have said only 'Afarqa'. But when we speak about 'Upper Egyptian' Africans we only say 'Sa3eedis' or 'Nubians', nothing else. And that's what Moustafa Gadalla means, as I think.

In AE language the Upper Egyptians are called:

[G39-N16:N23-Y1v-Z3] = Sa3eedis (or the good land of the Sa3eedis)

Wallis Budge EHD p584b, translated to: 'creatures that live in the earth'!!

My name is 'Alsa3adawi' taken from 'sa3d' and 'Sa3eed. It is a very Ancient Egyptian name which means 'the very Happy Sa3eedi'!! Alsa3daawi families are wide spread all over Egypt and all over North Africa and may be in Sudan.

The Ancient Egyptian word for 'black' is 'sud'. The Ancient Egyptians called the 'sudan' after the black peoples living under the latitude 19 the most southern boarder of Ancient Egypt, which starts from the AE town Tawkar. Tawkar lies now in north Sudan.

The Hieroglyphic word for Sudan is:

[S29-Z7-D46:N35-N35A] = s-w-d-n = swdn = Sudan = the black land having much inundation waters.

Wallis Budge EHD p.1034b, translated to 'Suden = a canal in the Nome Herakleopolites'!!

The word is written in Full Alphabetic form.

ausar

posted 22 December 2003 02:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I agree with you Dr. Alssadawi;however I think Western Egyptologist have often ignored that Egypt has conponents that are like Africans. The dark skinned Egyptians have been written off as foreginers or slaves by racist Western Egyptologist,so this is why I feel alienated by the establishment of Egyptology. Please understand this when I write about my stance on the race of the anciet Egyptians.

Even modern Egyptians like the few who posted here recently have denied that dark skinned Sa3eadi are even Egyptians. These people even made blanket statements that the only ''black'' Egyptians in modern Egypt are the Somalians,Sudanese,and Liberians. I was shocked by this statement presented,so I objected to the statements.

Living in the Western Hemisphere has shaped by conceptions more than the thoughts of my native homeland. I agree with you that modern and ancient Egyptians the concept of one's hue was of little concern,but the previous Egyptologist wrote the dark skinned Egyptians were all slaves. I certanily donot agree with this because there is cleary evidence that ''negriod'' types have been in existence in Egypt long periods of time. The anthropological study from the Badarian site in Middle Egypt demonstrated that this is true.

I question to if some modern Egyptians views have been shaped by Western perceptions. I once read a biography of Anwar Sadat where the author made rediculous comments about Sadat being a son of a slave. He went out of the way to belittle Sadat's physical apperance. The author was an Egyptian named Mohamed Heikal. The same thing occured when Louis Gosett Jr was going to play Sadat in a mini-series on television. Many Egyptians objected to Sadat being played by a African-American. I could never understand this.

We all know that Egypt has always been a diverse place. Such diversity is even seen amung the reserve heads during the Old Kingdom. Most of the reserve heads reflect the phenotype of Lower Egyptian populations,but one stands out as a negriod reserve head going back to the Fourth Dyansty. Racist Egyptologist have wrongly called this reserve head a Nubian female that was married to an Egyptian. The truth is that this reserve head was actually an Egyptian that probally came somewhere from Luxor or Aswan. The same can be said for a nomarch named Ny-ankh-Pepy-kem who has lighter relatives from Lower Egypt.

Reserve Head of a Man. Giza; Fourth Dynasty, probably reign of Khufu (ca. 2551–2528 B.C.E.). Limestone; H. 11 7/8 in. (30 cm). Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Harvard University–Museum of Fine Arts Expedition (14.719).

Although each reserve head has characteristics that make it unique, this example stands out from the group. It is one of the largest and is the most perfectly preserved, exhibiting none of the intentional damage found on others. Excavated in a shaft with another head, this one was originally identified as the Nubian wife of the tomb owner. Recent study, however, suggests that it probably represents the male owner of the tomb. Although the face has affinities with later depictions of Nubians, it also bears a striking resemblance to statues of Fourth Dynasty kings and undoubtedly represents an Egyptian. The variations among reserve heads probably reflect the diversity in Egypt's population. http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/new_pyramid/PYRAMIDS/HTML/el_pyramid_head2.htm

ausar

posted 22 December 2003 02:10 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This further ilustrates the point

Another reference can be found in the British Museum Dictionary of Ancient Egypt (1995), page 239-240: "Clearly... it was nevertheless possible for many different racial types to consider themselves Egyptian. Perhaps the clearest example of this is the case of the skeletal remains from the `tomb of two brothers' at Rifeh, dating to the Middle Kingdom (2055 - 1650 BC), where the physical appearance of one of the men was negroid, while that of his brother was more European."

Wally

posted 22 December 2003 02:31 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Wally     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"The Egyptians, either Ancient or modern, never looked to skin color of any man. "
Nonsense.
The key element of my website is the presentation of an example of the Ancient Egyptian ethnographic ideology. http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo These are official Ancient Egyptian documents, which says all that really needs to be said about what racial group the ancient Egyptians belonged to, and how they regarded peoples with different skin colors. To view this authentic documentation, and then to deny it's explicitness would be the same as someone looking at ancient Roman iconography, who then denies that the Romans wore togas!

"The Ancient Egyptian word for 'black' is 'sud'. The Ancient Egyptians called the 'sudan' after the black peoples living under the latitude 19 the most southern boarder of Ancient Egypt"
More nonsense.
The Ancient Egyptian word for 'black' is the same as the modern Egyptian word(s) for 'black', 'kem';'kmom'- the name of the nation and of the people.
The word 'sud' or 'suud' or 'soda' means 'black' in Arabic and Arab Egyptian.
Suten in Ancient Egyptian means 'king' or literally 'those who come from the south.'
'Sud' in Ancient Egyptian means 'detain' - 'Suden' means 'to set straight.'

It was the Arabs who colonized northern Africa who called Africa 'Biled as Suud' or 'the land/country of the Blacks.'
And to quote from my website:

The simple truth is that Egypt is, and always has been a black African nation. Once you leave the great Arab cities of Cairo and Alexandria, and go into the Nile valley, you are in black Africa. Now, Egypt has been ruled by an Arab minority since the 9th century A.D., a minority that is extremely sensitive to race, and one which behaves in the manner chided by Ahmed Ben Bella, the late president of Algeria - "We (Arabs) have been in Africa for 1200 years, and yet we still behave as colonialists."

Alsaadawi-4

posted 22 December 2003 03:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ausar, highly respected Egyptologists never excited the issue of AE race. Don't forget that there are many 'Egyptian' Egyptologists and I never heard from them about the Ancient Egyptians being black or white. The Ancient Egyptians called Egypt 'wasTa' which means in Egyptian language 'Middle Nation'.

[S40-X1:O49] = wasaTa = middle nation.

It means that Ancient Egypt included all human colors. The proof is very simple. They pictured the god Imhotep as a black man along the whole AE history. You know quite well how the AE's loved and respected him starting from early OK era up to the Roman era. Meanwhile they pictured god Horus and some other kings and gods having 'white' faces. They also greatly loved them and respected them. This refers definitely that the AE's never cared much for the color tones of peoples or gods.

The AE's (and modern Egyptians) never admitted the slavery under any circumstances. They only admitted captives of war and prisoners hard-labor. If they meet any slaves anywhere they released them free at once provided that they are not criminals. Regarding women they admitted what they called 'what the hands own'(bastt), but again not slavery. They mean by 'what the hands own' the poor girls or ladies who have no families or captives of war that live under the sponsorship of an able man. Even then they put firm rules how to marry those ladies and treat them with proper human respect.

The Ancient Egyptians were very civilized folks more than many modern people imagine.

ausar

posted 22 December 2003 04:29 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dr. Alsaadawi,what about James Henery Breasted,Gaston Maspero,Junker,and George Resiner? All these people believed the Egyptians started off as white,and later mixed with black slaves.

I am not speaking of Egyptian Egyptologist,but of Western 19th century to early 20th century Egyptologist.

Wally

posted 22 December 2003 04:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Wally     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Dr. Alsaadawi,what about James Henery Breasted,Gaston Maspero,Junker,and George Resiner? All these people believed the Egyptians started off as white,and later mixed with black slaves.

I am not speaking of Egyptian Egyptologist,but of Western 19th century to early 20th century Egyptologist.

And more importantly, Dr. Alsaadawi, what about the Ancient Egyptians opinion on this. Is the evidence presented by their ethnographic murals simply irrelevant etchings? And please, the Ancient Egyptians called their nation and themselves a lot of things:
Ret na Rome - 'We race of superior men'
Keme - 'Black'
Kememou-'Blacks'
Tameriu; Rome n Keme; Ret; etc., etc.
There were as many diverse peoples in Ancient Rome or Greece as there were in Ancient Egypt, and neither of these states were this harmonious racial neverland which you describe. Neither was Egypt. At least if you pay attention to all which they said and demonstrated

Alsaadawi-4

posted 22 December 2003 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ausar, most of those misunderstood statements have been recently corrected. You may revise the 'Guardian' BB and search for related subjects. Most of modern Egyptologists refuse such racist and slavery statements. You can also check the statements of Zahi Hawass who is considered now as Egyptologist No1 in Egypt, provided that he is a well-known international Egyptologist.

ausar

posted 22 December 2003 11:39 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Honestly Dr. Alsaadawi,I find the Guardian message board to be very biased in one direction. The moderator censor conversations concering ethnicity of the ancient Egyptians yet allows multiple posts about Nordic Egyptians to exist.

As far as modern Egyptology is concerned,I think there might still be some bias,but many like Frank Joseph Yurco have acitvely condemned the thoughts of previous scholars;however the same is not true in the anthropology field. A grey cloud still looms above many in thwei field. Hawass is not the best example to point out because Hawass has much bias that stagnates the field of Egyptology.

I would like to see more Egyptologist like Yurco jump into the spotlight and admit that Egypt was indeed the African culture that is was. Egypt had more in common with African than it did with the Near-East. From the circumscion rites,divine Kingship to the ancestor belief system that is stil praticed by modern rual Sa3eeadi. What is in important is the aknowleadgement of the diverse population in Egypt and the cultural roots that steam from an African background.

If you wish to learn more about the simialirty with ancient Kmt[Egypt] and African culture,check out the following book:
Ancient Egypt in Africa
edited by David O'Connor and Andrew Reid

Alsaadawi-4

posted 23 December 2003 02:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dear Ausar, I agree with you that the Guardian board is biased. However we, being rational savants, should differentiate between what is false and what is right. For example I don't agree with many of modern Egyptology postulates and assumptions, but when I meet some truthful or right data I should admit that it is correct and show it properly and relate it to its original finder. That's what basic scientific honesty implies. The same holds true for some open minded Egyptologists and scientists who criticized some of the thoughts and works of former scholars but they again supports the rightful work. Once more I agree with you about Hawass. I differ much with him in many aspects but also he has few truthful statements that we can't deny. For example, nearly 8 years ago many peoples in Egypt including some Egyptologists believed that the Great Pyramid was built by slavery using nearly 100000 force-labored poor peoples to do the job. Then I published my theory about building the Great Pyramid and how King Khufu used giant Hydraulic powers with minimum of workforce (no more that 2000 men) to do the job. I explained that those 2000 workers were in fact highly qualified soldiers in the organized Egyptian army and the whole project was an extremely important Egyptian National project. It was not allowed to any civilians to join the project for the sake of confidentiality and secrecy. Only then Zahi Hawass showed up and said: 'I have discovered that the Great Pyramid was a national project and there was no Egyptian slavery in building it'! I said to my self no harm in that because the western media listen only to Hawass ignoring other Egyptians and finally we want the peoples know the truth. Now the Egyptian peoples realized that there was not any kind of slavery in building the Great Pyramid but yes to military service. I still keep the core secret of how the GP was built undercover, because it will be stolen as soon as I release it. We know for sure how the GP was built day by day and hour by hour but the media like to spread the fibs much more than facts! Meanwhile the scientific atmosphere in Egypt is very weak and unsafe!

The Egyptians never denied, either in the past or now, that Egypt is an African state. But also they never denied that a great portion of North Egypt is located in Asia. That's why they called it 'middle nation' or 'moderate central nation'. Egypt has always been faithful to its African ties. And that's why they built nearly all the pyramids in middle Egypt which lies in Africa. At many instances of history Egypt and Sudan were considered as one state. This is a fact.

Neb-Ma'at-Re

posted 23 December 2003 07:48 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Neb-Ma'at-Re     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Sorry. A few questions for Dr.Alsaadawi bit off the original topic:

quote:
Originally posted by Alsaadawi-4:
For example, nearly 8 years ago many peoples in Egypt including some Egyptologists believed that the Great Pyramid was built by slavery using nearly 100000 force-labored poor peoples to do the job. Then I published my theory about building the Great Pyramid and how King Khufu used giant Hydraulic powers with minimum of workforce (no more that 2000 men) to do the job. I explained that those 2000 workers were in fact highly qualified soldiers in the organized Egyptian army and the whole project was an extremely important Egyptian National project. It was not allowed to any civilians to join the project for the sake of confidentiality and secrecy. Only then Zahi Hawass showed up and said: 'I have discovered that the Great Pyramid was a national project and there was no Egyptian slavery in building it'! I said to my self no harm in that because the western media listen only to Hawass ignoring other Egyptians and finally we want the peoples know the truth. Now the Egyptian peoples realized that there was not any kind of slavery in building the Great Pyramid but yes to military service. I still keep the core secret of how the GP was built undercover, because it will be stolen as soon as I release it. We know for sure how the GP was built day by day and hour by hour but the media like to spread the fibs much more than facts! Meanwhile the scientific atmosphere in Egypt is very weak and unsafe!

Dr Alsaadawi,
I find what little I have read on your theory of the construction of the pyramids through hydraulic power extremely intriguing. Is the simple calculation used to produce the hydraulic power you speak of similar to Pascal's Principle (obviously before Pascal's time)? I intended to purchase your book "Secrets of Pharaohs and Astronomy" to learn more, however I can only find it in Arabic through online sources. Does an English version exist and where can I purchase it? You mention that you still have yet to fully uncover "the core secret" of how the pyramid was built for fear of someone stealing your theory and taking credit for it. When do you think the world will be ready for this revelation?

------------------
Nesu.t-bi.t neb-taui Neb-Maa't-Re sa-Re Amen-hotep

[This message has been edited by Neb-Ma'at-Re (edited 23 December 2003).]

Alsaadawi-4

posted 23 December 2003 09:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Neb-Ma'at-Re, thank you for your kind encouraging words. I really appreciate it. Yes, I followed Pascal's hydraulic press principle (F.out = A2/A1 x F.inp), which allows the lifting of a heavy load with a small force, as in a hydraulic lift. In addition, of course, to other important engineering theories. Unfortunately, my book "Secrets of Pharaohs and Astronomy" is not available in English. I published it only to preserve my rights as the founder of the theory, which is also registered in the British Museum.

>>You mention that you still have yet to fully uncover "the core secret" of how the pyramid was built for fear of someone stealing your theory and taking credit for it. When do you think the world will be ready for this revelation?<<

Honestly, I don't know. I contacted many scientific institutions and I found them not interested. In general, all my works face ultra high resistance in Egypt. I really don't know why. Sometimes they say that my Hieroglyphic theory go against some settled religious beliefs. But when I say that you also denied my 'engineering' hydraulic theory before that and refused to discuss it they keep silent. I can't find any explanation. Is it some kind of scientific jealousy or man malice? May be.

Do you believe that Al-Ahram daily journal published an article in its front page written by some Egyptian Egyptologists and Architects just few days after I published my theory explaining that the bulky stones of the GP were raised up when god Imhotep used a magical instrument that whistles to the stone so that it went up at once to any altitude! All that to hide my hydraulic theory from Egyptian peoples!!

ausar

posted 23 December 2003 01:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is what you get when the truth about Egyptians history never is taught from adolesenence. You spend most of your time in Madrass memorizing Ayats that show your ancestors to be sub-human kufairs. You believe in mythical pasts like the Jews were slaves. One time while in Egypt in a Coffe shop in Bulaq I remeber a conversation about the pyramids happened to pop up. I overheard one person say that the Jews were mad at Egypt because of their enslavement. I could not believe my ears.

Recently,I even read in the press that an Egyptian man is suing Israel for their theft of gold from Egypt. I culd only chuckle to myself.

Do you ever go to neighboorhoods like Bulaq or any other Dr. Alsaadawi and tell these people the truth. Regular Baladi and Sa3eadi Egyptians need to know the truth. After all,these people are the real ancestors of the ancient Egyptians.

Alsaadawi-4

posted 23 December 2003 11:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Alsaadawi-4     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Ausar, you know that spreading the truth is much harder and slower than spreading fibs. I fully devoted myself last few years to expose the truth about Ancient Egypt to the common public far from official media. I started from Upper Egypt and made series of lectures and found the peoples very eager to know the truth. I went then to some other districts and finally to Cairo where I introduced some great lectures at many schools of Egyptology and cultural clubs. The result is great. I have received excellent popular support. Now many peoples all over Egypt have a good truthful idea about their AE history. It needs only sometime before the reality show up fully to all.