Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  The Siwa (Page 7)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Siwa
S.Mohammad

posted 03 December 2004 05:03 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for S.Mohammad     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Orionix:
According to this study Mauritanians have U6 frequency of 16%.

That source you cited says NOTHING about the frequecy of U6. No beef in between the bread.

IP: Logged

Orionix

posted 03 December 2004 05:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Orionix     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
That source you cited says NOTHING about the frequecy of U6. No beef in between the bread.

Not this study, this one in pdf:
http://www.white-history.com/portugal_files/Gonzalez2003.pdf

The newer study says that Moroccan Berbers are close to southern Spaniards but still not exactly there.

S.Mohammad

posted 03 December 2004 07:07 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for S.Mohammad     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE][b]That source you cited says NOTHING about the frequecy of U6. No beef in between the bread.

The newer study says that Moroccan Berbers are close to southern Spaniards but still not exactly there.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Posting links from a white supremacist site? Come on now you can do better than that.

Orionix

posted 03 December 2004 07:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Orionix     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Why was my last post deleted?

quote:
S.Muhammad:

Posting links from a white supremacist site? Come on now you can do better than that.

You did the same and also you're an alias.

I'm starting to think you are Ausar. He's the only who can delete posts since his position as a Moderator.

[This message has been edited by Orionix (edited 03 December 2004).]

S.Mohammad

posted 03 December 2004 08:25 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for S.Mohammad     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Why was my last post deleted?

You did the same and also you're an alias.

I'm starting to think you are Ausar. He's the only who can delete posts since his position as a Moderator.

Dude give it a rest, I'm not Ausar, Sohnofunk nor am I shuqqah. I never posted any link from a white supremacist site, I'm way smarter than you.

Orionix

posted 03 December 2004 08:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Orionix     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Dude give it a rest, I'm not Ausar, Sohnofunk nor am I shuqqah. I never posted any link from a white supremacist site, I'm way smarter than you.

Actually i don't think you are smart at all.

supercar

posted 03 December 2004 08:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
I think it is relevant enough. It's just not relevant to you.

You are damn right, that all this gibberish about color variations amongst Berbers, is of little relevance to Berber origins in East Africa. Whether they come in yellow, blue, green or black, doesn't in any way change the origins of Berber in East Africa. Gene flow study gives us an idea about the path of expansion of Berber speaking folks, which originates in East Africa, and then we come across maternal genetic influences by incoming European slaves and Arab invaders.

rasol

posted 24 March 2005 08:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
up.

quote:
Ausar writes: The only indigenous Berber speakers in Egypt are people living in the Siwa oasis.

quote:
rasol writes:
The Egyptians called the population of the neighboring Libya `Tehenu.' They were pictured with dark complexion and curly hair [Ahmed Fakhir, `Siwa Oasis', (Cairo, 1973), p. 75]

The coast has been settled since Mesolithic times, in turn by the Tehenu (ancient dwellers of that coast), Greeks, Romans (marked by two brief but destructive Persian invasions), Byzantines, Berbers, Arabs and modern Egyptians - Ministry Water Resoures and Irrigation - Giza Egypt.

During Egypt's Old Kingdom, it was a part of Tehenu, the Olive Land that may have extended as for east as Mareotis.

Aside from that, the Siwa Oasis has little in common with the other Western Oasis. The Siwan people are mostly Berbers, the true Western Desert indigenous people, who once roamed the North African coast between Tunisia and Morocco. They have their own culture and customs and, as well as speaking Arabic, speak own Berber (Amazigh) language. Women still wear traditional costumes and silver jewellery.

The modern town of Siwa is set among thick palm groves, walled gardens and olive orchards, with numerous freshwater springs and salt lakes. Siwa also clusters beneath the impressive remains of the ancient fortress town of Shali. http://www.arabworldbooks.com/new/siwahistory.html

Amun

posted 24 March 2005 09:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Amun     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
These kids in Siwa could pass for tropical Africans...

african queen

posted 15 May 2005 11:40 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for african queen     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
[QUOTE][b]That source you cited says NOTHING about the frequecy of U6. No beef in between the bread.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Out of interest what are your origins??

This is alittle off topic, i have a Moroccan boyfriend and he says that Moroccans have a genetic relationship to the Spanish, wheres the hard evidence??.. its so funny he walks around actaully thinking he is Spanish, and I keep asking him aren't you proud to be A North African.... anyway your thoughts on this please, have you got any evidence so I can tell him about his own background because he seems lost and alittle ignorant.

yazid904

posted 18 July 2005 09:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for yazid904     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I would venture to say that the Caspian area may have served as a point of reference in populations from the Horn to present day Caucasian area (Azeri, Georgian, etc). The area/location knowna s the Middle East has provided enough sampling to say that this was an early orign (2nd) to where group differentiated into the thousands that we know today.

I do not want to blindly follow what the present data show though it is accurate but as we see, some of us here can shape information in a false way to deceieve (they do try).

I come back to what I say that for Europeans and Americans, Arab and Muslim are the same and with the new stuff in UK last week, anybody who fits the part is automatically suspect. Genotype that!!!

yazid904

posted 18 July 2005 09:24 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for yazid904     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Morocco and Spain has always had a close connection since Tariq. Whenevr there were uprisings in Spain during the various dynasties (711-1492) people frequently escaped to Morocco. When Morocans go to Europe, Spain is usually their first stop for many.

rasol

posted 10 August 2005 09:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

Thought Writes:

Rando et al.

"The majority of maternal ancestors of the Berbers mus have COME FROM EUROPE and the Near East SINCE the Neolithic."

Gonzalez et al.

The most prominent North African mtDNA was found to be Haplogroup H at a nearly 20% frequency.

Plaza et al.

The most prominent Moroccan Berber mtDNA was found to be Haplogroup H at a frequency of 42.2%.

The most prominent Southern Berber mtDNA was found to be Haplogroup H at a frequency of 32% and V at 10%.

Given these scientific results the following study by Achilli et al. 2004 is of interest. Haplogroups V and H seem to have spread together from the Franco-Cantabrian refugia after the LGM. Table 1 is of particular interest. Haplogroup H has a frequency of 36.8% in Moroccan Berbers and 1.4% in Egyptian Berbers. It has a frequency of 51.9% in Basques and 46.9% in Northern Italians. Haplogroup H has a frequency of 19.9% in Iraq and 10.6% in Arabian Peninsula populations. This indicates that the predominate Berber mtDNA Haplogroups (H and V) did NOT spread from the Near East to NW Africa but from the Iberian peninsula and Europe straight to Africa. This information correspondes with the historical data of female derived slavery into NW Africa.
http://evolutsioon.ut.ee/publications/Achilli2004.pdf

"Haplogroup H has a frequency of 36.8% in Moroccan Berbers and 1.4% in....Egyptian Berbers".

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 11 August 2005).]

rasol

posted 10 August 2005 02:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Luis et al.

"This proposal is in accordance with a population expansion involving E3b2-M81 believed to have occurred in northwestern Africa 2 ky.

The CONSIDERABLY OLDER linear expansion estimate of the Egyptian E3b2-M81 (5.4 ky ago) is also compatible with this scenario.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 10 August 2005).]

rasol

posted 13 August 2005 01:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

This topic is 7 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7