Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  Who Were the People of Ancient Egypt?

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Who Were the People of Ancient Egypt?
ABAZA

posted 24 January 2005 10:13 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ABAZA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
This is a link from the Royal Ontario Museum,
that tells us some honest truth about AE.

Source:

http://www.rom.on.ca/egypt/case/society/people.html

IP: Logged

Thought2

posted 24 January 2005 10:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ABAZA:
This hair is being studied by Dr. Joann Fletcher. Most of the hair samples are cynotrichous (Caucasian) in type as opposed to heliotrichous (Negroid). [/B]

Thought Writes:

Dr. Fletcher has since revised her position on this matter.

ABAZA

posted 25 January 2005 06:32 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ABAZA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Dr. Fletcher has also been banned from doing any scientific work on Egyptian Mummies!!

[This message has been edited by ABAZA (edited 25 January 2005).]

fromashes_rise

posted 25 January 2005 07:55 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

the truth has been known even before egyptology started.
all you need to do is look at the dynastic and old kingdom bust of pharoahs, if menes was the first pharoah more then likely the people would also look as african as him.

rasol

posted 25 January 2005 09:44 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Dr. Fletcher has also been banned from doing any scientific work on Egyptian Mummies!!

Make up your mind Abaza. Are you quoting her as an expert? Are you attacking her as a fraud? Essentially you repeat a notorious misquote of her, then reject a serious assessment of her work.

Read her book: Search For Nefertiti, she asserts that Nefertiti often wore her hair in a 'nubian' style. She concurs that the facial reconstruction done by forensic scientists [which she had no influence over], does in fact bear a resemblance to the known iconography.

Don't just quote from white race myth websites. [which make you look bad, and don't upset anyone here] Instead take the time to read and learn. At least you will have something pseudo-substantive to base your racist views on, and the game will possibly be of some 'passsing' interest.

ABAZA

posted 25 January 2005 10:01 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ABAZA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I did not quote her, the Royal Ontario Museum did!

The bust of Queen Nefertiti ( the Beautiful One ) is still around in Berlin, as far as I know.

This bust is actually, what is used by many Nordic Websites to show that the original Ancient Egyptians were Nordic People.

So, don't go flying off the handle, because the Canadians, who are know for their honesty and goodwill, choose to use Dr. Fletcher's opinion.

We all know, that the truth can and has been twisted by many people, including the afrocentrics and others, but this does not mean that respected Museums around the world are trying to deceive anyone!!

The problem with you guys and others who are into the habit of trying to coverup any information that shows that AE was not a Black African Society, is that you try not to listen to what the whole world is telling you. Covering up your eyes and ears will not work, at least not in the long run.......

I guess you can keep on ignoring all the respected Egyptologists and World Reknowned Museums, but at the end you'll have to face the Truth one way or another!!

Two wrongs will never make a right!!

quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Make up your mind Abaza. Are you quoting her as an expert? Are you attacking her as a fraud? Essentially you repeat a notorious misquote of her, then reject a serious assessment of her work.

Read her book: Search For Nefertiti, she asserts that Nefertiti often wore her hair in a 'nubian' style. She concurs that the facial reconstruction done by forensic scientists [which she had no influence over], does in fact bear a resemblance to the known iconography.

Don't just quote from white race myth websites. [which make you look bad, and don't upset anyone here] Instead take the time to read and learn. At least you will have something pseudo-substantive to base your racist views on, and the game will possibly be of some 'passsing' interest.

[This message has been edited by ABAZA (edited 25 January 2005).]

Horemheb

posted 25 January 2005 10:04 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The problem with that facial reconstruction is that the woman who did it admitted she chose a 'racial' model before she began. the three mummies that Fletcher worked with were as white as white could be. They were there in plain view for anyone to see. If a body is going to change color in death it usually becomes darker, not lighter.
Queen tiye's father was an Asian and her hair is hardly Nubian.

rasol

posted 25 January 2005 10:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
I did not quote her, the Royal Ontario Museum did!

Well, i'm quoting you.: This is a link from the Royal Ontario Museum,that tells us some honest truth about AE. They quote Fletcher. You attack Fletcher. Which is it?

quote:
The bust of Queen Nefertiti ( the Beautiful One ) is still around in Berlin, as far as I know.
There are dozens of portraits of Nefertiti in Kemetian iconography [many examples in the Fletcher book, btw.]. In some reliefs she has the same skin-tone, and similar facial features as the reconstructed mummy.

quote:

This bust is actually, what is used by many Nordic Websites to show that the original Ancient Egyptians were Nordic People.

Yes, and these are the same fools who claim that Black African statues found in 1st Dynasty tombs in Abydos are really from the 25th Dynasty. You need to stay away from those sites, as they traffic in staggering ignorance to which you have proven to be susceptible.

quote:
So, don't go flying off the handle, because the Canadians, who are know for their honesty and goodwill, choose to use Dr. Fletcher's opinion.
lol. Don't go flying off at the handle because Fletcher does not, in fact, subscribe to said opinion. Forcing you to denounce the very scholarship that you yourself link to.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 25 January 2005).]

rasol

posted 25 January 2005 10:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
The problem with that facial reconstruction is that the woman who did it admitted she chose a 'racial' model before she began.

That is not an accurate statement. The procedures used were not based on any ethnic presumptions but rather from actual examination of the remains, via digital x-ray. This is how forensic reconstructions are done.

In the case of the skull believed by a number of UK experts to be that of Nefertiti, digital X-rays gave Evison and Schofield an image of the skull inside the mummy. At this point they had no clues as to the mummy’s possible identity.

....this is the best facial shape we could get from the X-rays we were given. If I saw this face, and Nefertiti [based on iconography?] was my daughter, I think I would recognise this face as hers. - Damian Schofield, Sheffield University.
From Forensic Science: Facts behind the Fiction.

Fletcher: "I was bowled over by it, to be honest. The face is that of a very strong individual indeed. She has such a beautiful profile. She is stunning" http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2003-08-12-nefertiti-usat_x.htm

Of course there is still a legitimate issue over whether or not that 'really is' Nefertiti, or some other 18 Dyansty royal. But the forensic work cannot be faulted, simply on the basis that you do not like the fact that she looks like an African woman.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 25 January 2005).]

Horemheb

posted 25 January 2005 11:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
It is an accurate statement rasol. I heard her say it plain as day. Her comment was that in some cases such as this a racisal componet had to be assigned. In other words the final result could lean one way of the other depending on which you chose.

rasol

posted 25 January 2005 11:27 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
It is an accurate statement rasol. I heard her say it plain as day.

You are not even referring to the forensic scientists who reconstructed the skull.
You are referring the to graphic artist who added the skintones to the reconstruction afterwards. Your statement is inaccurate.

supercar

posted 25 January 2005 11:33 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
You are not even referring to the forensic scientists who reconstructed the skull.
You are referring the to graphic artist who added the skintones to the reconstruction afterwards. Your statement is inaccurate.

Besides personal attacks, does Horemheb ever have a valid argument? Examine all his posts, and you'll see what I mean.

Horemheb

posted 25 January 2005 12:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
rasol...don't tell me what I am referring to. I watched the woman with both eyes and both ears, as usual you just don't like the answer.

Horemheb

posted 25 January 2005 01:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Supercar, I am not going to get down into the afrocentric mud with you. Many scholars have articles all over the web making the same arguments I would. If you want to get into real scholarship and out of racial politics I will be glad to help you out, thats my job.

supercar

posted 25 January 2005 01:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Supercar, I am not going to get down into the afrocentric mud with you. Many scholars have articles all over the web making the same arguments I would. If you want to get into real scholarship and out of racial politics I will be glad to help you out, thats my job.

This reply is a perfect example: all childishness; empty argument. I stand vindicated in my last statement.

fromashes_rise

posted 25 January 2005 01:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

what point do either of you lot want to prove.

Horemheb

posted 25 January 2005 01:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
its not an empty argument Supercar because its not an argument at all. When I see worthy scholarship I'll be glad to argue with you, right now all I see is flame throwing.

supercar

posted 25 January 2005 01:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fromashes_rise:
what point do either of you lot want to prove.

You tell me.

supercar

posted 25 January 2005 01:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for supercar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
...its not an argument at all.

That was the whole point of the term "empty". Ranting is not a substitution for substantiation.