Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  The Ancient Egypt "Race" Issue!! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Ancient Egypt "Race" Issue!!
ABAZA

posted 08 February 2005 11:16 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ABAZA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
A Rebuttal to Afrocentric Exaggeration about a "Black" Ancient Egypt.

Source:

http://www.geocities/enbp/

IP: Logged

ABAZA

posted 08 February 2005 11:29 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for ABAZA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Source:

http://www.angeltowns.com/members/racialreal/egypt_nubia.html

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 11:37 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
everyone knows AE's were not black Africans

ABAZA

posted 08 February 2005 12:17 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ABAZA     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Here is another source, that tells us about Egypt being a Melting Pot of sorts;

By: Mark Andrews

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/race.htm

quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 01:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:

quote:
Orginally posted by ABAZA:

Alright, so if Egypt was a "melting pot" that would mean there was indeed black African admixture. Right? Tell me, why is it you DENY the "black" presence in ancient Egypt all together? At one point Horemheb suggested that ANY black presence in ancient Egypt must have been Nubian.

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 01:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

this tour egypt site says nothing merely skirting around facts they know ,they qoute loring brace who dosent even think the nubians were black, as i said before look at the dynastic and old kingdom busts of pharoahs. you wont of course because you just want to believe what you want.

p:s tour egypt is just a so called egyptology site who deafricanise ancient egypt, try finding the busts of menes,djoser,senwosret 1,thutmoses 111 etc they dont put the pictures in or try and pass caucaian looking busts as them.

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 01:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
If you believe in this "melting pot" stuff you should have no problem swallowing the fact that MANY of the kings were Negros.

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 01:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
the only negro kings reigned during what was known as the 'nubian dynasty.'

kenndo

posted 08 February 2005 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kenndo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
MANY OF THE Egyptian kings and most of the ancient egyptians were negro too.a blind person could see that.

No one is saying all were black in egypt,just most of them in ancient times.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 08 February 2005).]

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 01:42 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

menes,djoser,khasekhemui are black africans horemheb you are totally deluding yourself.

p.s have you got any questions from your colleagues about a.e

rasol

posted 08 February 2005 01:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Why are you guys bumping this brain dead thread?

Professor Horemheb's only colleagues are his drinking buddies at the pub.

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 01:45 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
the only negro kings reigned during what was known as the 'nubian dynasty.'

Have you seen the Sphinx of Taharqa? He looked like the typical Egyptian king ...negro.

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 01:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

thats the thing heru a lot of the ethiopian kings look like the egyptian ones.

example: the greeks thought the singing statues of amenhotep was the ethipian king memnon.

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 01:53 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
we have some excellent ancient history classes online heru. i advise you to take some of them and get out of politics and into history. Nobody believes that AE kings were black except a few Afrocentrics and they have a different agenda.

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 01:59 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Horemheb, you're bitter and jaded.

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

horemheb why dont you just get of this site apart from abaza and the neo nazi evil euro no one respects you or your non scientific views about a.e.

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 02:09 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Who said anyone respected your fromashes. Point is that scholars agree with us. If you would educate yourself you would understand that.

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 02:16 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

only very eurocentric ones who dont believe the ancient nubians were black i:e brace,y adams.

show me what the egyptologist you are refering to have to say about the race of a.e ,ill give you some minutes to find it.

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 02:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
how about 99% of them fromashes. This black Egypt thing is a lot of nonsense. Again, there was a nubian dynasty a couple of centuries after the fall of the new kingdom. Thats it......

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 02:20 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

show me the egyptologists you are referring too.

i bet you wont

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 02:23 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I'm not going to argue black politics fromashes. I said 99%...look it up yourself. If you had any advanced formal education you would not think that in the first place.

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 02:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

did is getting nowhere what are you hoping to achieve sticking to this site you aint gonna convert anyone to your non scientific views about a.e. look up white civilization forums like greece,rome,atlantis.

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 02:37 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
I'm not going to argue black politics

What does pretty much every Egyptian king resembling a negro have to do with politics? It just means Egypt was a "melting pot".

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 02:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
actually fromashes many of the AE sites don't allow talk about race, they are interested in history. You may have noticed that this board is obsessed with the race issue, ever ask yourself why? Go over and check out Kingtutone.com. they discuss history, not race.

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 02:43 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ABAZA:

By: Mark Andrews

<A HREF="http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/race.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/race.htm
</A>

From ABAZA's link:

quote:
Examination of human remains from the Predynastic period shows a mixture of racial types, including negroid, Mediterranean and European.

Tell me Horemheb, why is it (according to you) NO negros were kings prior to the Nubian dynasty?

fromashes_rise

posted 08 February 2005 02:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

most boards dont dicuss it because they think the a.e belonged to a caucasian race or a vaugue nonsense mix society why dont u ask king tuts members themselves.

Horemheb

posted 08 February 2005 04:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Heru, its not according to me, its according to historians....all that are not afrocentric politicos and that is only a minute few.

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 05:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Horemheb ...I have a hard time believing anyone agrees with you. Stop using imaginary scholars for your arguments.

kenndo

posted 08 February 2005 05:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for kenndo     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
MANY historians do in fact mention it if you really ask what race certain a king is.
check out the brooklyn musuem as well and speak to some of the folks in the art area and call the metropolitan musuem in new york city.
I spoke to some of them and they will say that ancient egypt was a so-called multi-racial place but the culture was african,but less so during the greek and later times,but they will admit that the many kings and queens of egypt were black,not just the nubians who invaded,and they will say that a large amount or most folks were negriod.

Call the egyptian history department as well at nyu univ. in new york city,they will say the same thing.
by the way when my sister was in high school years ago in the 1990's history books in the n.y.c. school system had ancient egypt in the african section,not the so-called middle east.

Those changes started to happen before the 2000's or before dvd's and before many folks had a computer.
Many historians and others have admitted this,it is hollyweird and some of the childern books that have not told the truth yet,but many serious historians have and are telling the truth when pushed.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 09 February 2005).]

HERU

posted 08 February 2005 05:22 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
King Djedefre is clearly a black African

This cheif dentist of the old kingdom is obviously a black African

Your judgement is piss-poor if you call them anything other than black African.

Horemheb

posted 09 February 2005 08:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Heru...your educational level is exposed as totally lacking if you call these people black Africans, its not a matter of judgement , its a matter of history. I'm actually waiting to read something from you that actually deals with AE history and not race.

HERU

posted 09 February 2005 12:01 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Horemheb, HISTORY is what tells us these people are black Africans. You're afraid of this. It can also be proven by physical anthropology and linguistics. Looking at their art is a matter of judgement and if you call King Djedefre or this Cheif Dentist (wearing an afro) anything other than black African...I question YOUR judgement.

Horemheb

posted 09 February 2005 12:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
HERU, I'm not affraid of anything. You, on the other hand, have no interest in history. Egyptologists and those interested in history do not spend all their time talking about race. You are a black Afrocentric radical and you can be sure that the scholars in our Universities are not going to listen to you. They know exactly who you are.

Kham

posted 09 February 2005 02:26 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kham     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Let Me tell you
Something about your scolars and your so called Egyptologist Horemheb. It is your stupid scholars, professors and Egyptologist who are trying to wash everything white. Or Arab. Like I said before the anceint land of Egypt was never called Egypt by the Ancient so called Egyptians. They called their country Kemit which means black. They called themselves Kememu which means black people. Everyone knows this, even white scholars. So why don't they teach that? Even a Historian of the 1800's Count C Volney of France said and I qoute "The ancient Egyptians where true Negros just as any other native born African". He also said and I QUOTE" It is sad to know that the same people that are resopsible for our religious beleifs technology,philosopy, and whole way of life are our slaves today. Not only that Heroditus an ancient Roman historian on many occations talks about the Black Egyptians and describes them as having Black skin, wooley hair flat noses, and high cheek bones. That is why many of the earliest Ancient Egyptian Busts and sculptings, have the noses and lips cut out(the work of your so called Egyptoligists trying to supress the truth). Its to take away the appearance of being black or Negroid. You can see many of these works of art on the website www.freemaninstitute.com. And the producer of that website is white so don't even try to call it an Afrocentric website. Enjoy the site people.

[This message has been edited by Kham (edited 10 February 2005).]

rasol

posted 09 February 2005 02:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
It is your stupid scholars, professors and Egyptologist who are trying to wash everything white.

Even the racist Egyptologists have given up on that line. Most have retreated to the point of simply being obscure about the Black African roots of AE. You should read the Oxford History of Egypt for a 'state of the western' discourse on Ancient Egypt. African scholars have forced this change in the dialogue, although there is much to be done still, of course.

ps - Horemheb is just a silly clown. We either play with him or ignore him. It isn't serious.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 09 February 2005).]

Roy_2k5

posted 09 February 2005 04:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Roy_2k5     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
"And the producer of that website is white so don't even try to call it an Afrocentric website."

People like Horemheb would still label the producer as an 'Afronut', because Herodutus, Aristotle, etc are also 'Afronuts', despite being non-Negroid (or hybrids).

[This message has been edited by Roy_2k5 (edited 09 February 2005).]

HERU

posted 09 February 2005 06:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for HERU     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
HERU, I'm not affraid of anything. You, on the other hand, have no interest in history. Egyptologists and those interested in history do not spend all their time talking about race. You are a black Afrocentric radical and you can be sure that the scholars in our Universities are not going to listen to you. They know exactly who you are.

Calling these people black Africans is radical? LOL

You're a pompous freak

Kham

posted 10 February 2005 11:41 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kham     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
What
Exactly are you trying to say Roy?

Horemheb

posted 10 February 2005 11:53 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Roy, you need to study the Greeks you quote and learn how to put what they say in a proper context.

Kem-Au

posted 10 February 2005 12:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kem-Au     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Even the racist Egyptologists have given up on that line. Most have retreated to the point of simply being obscure about the Black African roots of AE. You should read the Oxford History of Egypt for a 'state of the western' discourse on Ancient Egypt. African scholars have forced this change in the dialogue, although there is much to be done still, of course.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 09 February 2005).]

Rasol, this is why I can't believe there are so many people still wasting energy on these outdated notions. I have the Oxford book, published in 2000, and even they no longer believe in a caucasian Egypt or the invasion theory. Like you said, there is much more work to do as they still neglect the true African origin, but if they have given up on white Egyptians, why do we see so many people here arguing this nonsense? You would think that to a Eurocentrist, you can't get more "official" than the Oxford Enclopedia.

We talk alot about Eurocentrists here, but I think they have chaged their tune. I guess that's why they simple avoid the issue.

Roy_2k5

posted 10 February 2005 04:34 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Roy_2k5     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Roy, you need to study the Greeks you quote and learn how to put what they say in a proper context.

Have you read the Greek texts? Why don't you take a quote from Herodotus in which he states that the Ancient Egyptians and the Ethiopians look exactly like the Greeks or were not black skinned with wooly hair.

[This message has been edited by Roy_2k5 (edited 10 February 2005).]

Evil Euro

posted 11 February 2005 07:49 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Evil Euro     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roy_2k5:
Have you read the Greek texts? Why don't you take a quote from Herodotus in which he states that the Ancient Egyptians and the Ethiopians look exactly like the Greeks or were not black skinned with wooly hair.

The Herodotus Quote:

Perhaps the most frequently cited Greek quote among Afrocentrists is that of Herodotus (Histories 2.104.2) describing Egyptians as well as Colchians of the Caucasus as "dark-skinned and woolly-haired." That the Egyptians were dark relative to Greeks is not surprising, considering that the same is true today. But Herodotus' description of Egyptian hair would, at first glance, appear to conflict with the physical evidence left by the Egyptians themselves -- numerous mummies with hair still attached to the skulls showing more straight, wavy, or lightly curled hair types than "woolly." The only way to make the evidence consistent is to assume Herodotus spoke in a relative rather than absolute sense. That is, Egyptian hair was on average curlier than Greek hair, and the tightly-curled ("woolly") hair type was found more often in Egyptians than in Greeks -- as is true today. There is no reason to assume on the basis of Herodotus' words that all or even most Egyptians had "woolly" hair, nor that such hair found in Egyptians was as "woolly" as that of tropical Africans. Indeed, Herodotus himself mentions only "Ethiopians" -- not Egyptians -- as having the "woolliest hair of all men" (Herodotus Histories 7.70.1). Moreover, Herodotus' explanation that being melanchroes or oulotriches "indeed counts for nothing, since other peoples are, too" suggests that these adjectives did not apply exclusively to any one "race" of people.

An analogous example of a stereotype based on relative comparison comes from the medieval Arab scholar Ibn Butlan, who noted the Greeks as having "straight blond hair" and "blue eyes." Does this mean that all medieval Greeks had a Nordic appearance? Certainly not: it merely suggests that the blond-haired, blue-eyed type is more common among Greeks than Arabs and stood out more as a salient characteristic worthy of mention. The Arabs, like the Greeks, noted characteristics that were unusual in their own population and used these traits to typify the foreigners.

Interestingly, Herodotus mentions the Colchians as another group having "dark skin and woolly hair." Considering that the Colchians inhabited what is roughly modern-day Georgia in the Caucasus, it would seem that the vast majority of Colchians were most likely -- and quite literally -- Caucasian. Of course Afrocentric diehards might claim that Colchians too were black Africans, but such a theory runs into trouble when one considers the observations of Hippocrates, who wrote that the Colchians in Phasis "are large and corpulent in body. Neither joint nor vein is evident. They have a yellow flesh, as if victims of jaundice" (Hippocrates, Airs, Waters, Places 15). Nothing in Hippocrates' description suggests that Colchians look anything like sub-Saharan Africans and this further weakens the Afrocentric argument that Egyptians and Colchians must have looked like "blacks" on the basis of Herodotus' words.

http://www.geocities.com/enbp/quotes.html

Horemheb

posted 11 February 2005 08:22 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
herodotus is misused by the radical afrocentrics. The go right by the fact that Classical scholars (people who are specialist in the field) do not agree with them. Most agree with the above post that the greeks saw Egyptians as 'darker than them.' They extend this to imply that the greeks thought the egyptians were negroid. They clearly distinguished them from the Nubians. in is also true that much mummy hair, such as Queen Tiy, is non negroid. As usual, this evidence is simply ignored.

rasol

posted 11 February 2005 08:45 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Most agree with the above post that the greeks saw Egyptians as 'darker than them.'

Actually the phrase the Ancient Greeks used to describe Egyptians and Ethiopians was melanchroes which means 'black'. The term melas is used throughout ancient Greek text and is translated as black.

quote:

They clearly distinguished them from the Nubians.

More idiocy from you. The Greeks did not use the term Nubian. They did use terms like Egyptus and Ethiopian and they often used them generally and interchangably.

quote:
in is also true that much mummy hair

Do you suffer from ADD or something? You inability to stay on topic is pitiable. At any rate mummy hair cannot be classified 'racially' by looking at. Your arguments are stupid.

A correct assessment of your semantics was made by a Discovery Channel fimmaker on this forum yesterday. Tellingly you did not respond:

quote:
thborg writes: I would like to say to Horemheb, you are a lier. You know absolutely nothing about the security that went into the Nefertiti facial reconstruction. First off, there was no "woman" involved. It was done by a team on guys who work closely with Scotland Yard assisting them with facial reconstructions of crime victims who may be nothing more than skeletal remains. Furthermore, the three bodies in the tomb are not "cream white" as you state, but were covered in a fine gray dust (lots of it) that fell from the wall of the enclosure. There was no racial component added nor discussed, you're thinking about the Tut reconstruction (another of my films) where we used typical upper Egyptians as the "African racial" model (I hope the word African, makes Abaza pop a vein). When I met with Zahi, even though he disagrees with Joann, he greeted me with a big hug thanked me for "bringing our people and culture back to life" with my films. My Rameses film, well, he wasn't to pleased with that due to the whole Exodus thingy. To each his own opinion. By the way, the wall covering Nefertiti's secret chamber has come down, the enclosure cleaned out, painted and the three royal mummies placed in glass coffins. Nefertiti has the once missing royal arm discovered by Joann, on film, placed at her feet. So, Horemheb (by the way, I hope you were greatly annoyed by that very black African Horemheb I cast in "Who Killed King Tut"), again I say you are a lier...and not a very talented one at that.

TRUTH!

Horemheb

posted 11 February 2005 09:03 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
rasol...you are probably uneducatable by this point in life but we will continue to try. First of all if you had read the post above mine you would have quickly realized that I was commenting on his reference to 'mummy hair.' While the race of a mummy can be obsecured by time the hair is easily identifiable. You know that but , as usual, you choose to ignore facts that mess up your little radical game.
Secondly, you know nothing about translating Greek except what you pick up on these radical boards. The fact is the Classical scholars do not agree with you and that ends the argument.
If you spend less time reading irrelative nonsense like Malcolm X you might have time to get a decent eduation.

fromashes_rise

posted 11 February 2005 09:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
to euro and horhemheb

1.so some mummies were white and the hair is caucasian whats your point euro.

2.you forgot to add herodutos reckon the colchians were a colony from pharoah senwosrets army i.e egyptian black people. and st jerome and pliny reckoned they were black too.

3.i saw queens tiyes bust she look black with an afro, where did u see the mummys thats supposed to be her

fromashes_rise

posted 11 February 2005 09:14 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
to euro

before we go any further are u like horemheb and see pharoahs like menes, dzoser, senwosret 1 as non black whats your position on these 3 pharoahs race race.

fromashes_rise

posted 11 February 2005 09:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for fromashes_rise     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
horemheb says:

"fact is the Classical scholars do not agree with you and that ends the argument".

where is your people you are meant to be writing too. what have they said and how have they come to their conclusion?

rasol

posted 11 February 2005 09:31 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
rasol...you are probably uneducatable
Anyone using the term 'uneducatable' is likely ineducable, and yes you are.

As we will see......

quote:
While the race of a mummy can be obsecured by time the hair is easily identifiable.
Race cannot be determined visually by simply looking at hair http://www.homestead.com/wysinger/hair2.html

quote:
Secondly, you know nothing about translating Greek

Canon George Rawlinson (23 November 1812 – 7 October 1902), was a 19th century English scholar and historian.
George Rawlison, M.A., F.R.G.S., Canon of Canterbury and Camden Professor of Ancient History at the University of OxfordHaving taken his degree at the University of Oxford (from Trinity College) in 1838, he was elected to a fellowship at Exeter College, Oxford, in 1840, of which from 1842 to 1846 he was fellow and tutor. His chief publications are his translation of the History of Herodotus

http://gymnasiax.com/texts/herodotus/herodotus02.html

Still the Egyptians said that they believed the Colchians to be descended from the army of Sesostris. My own conjectures were founded, first, on the fact that they are black-skinned and have woolly hair

It's not my translation. If you've ever read english translation of Greek text, then you would know that melas is routinely translated as black. Gk. melas "black",melas, (gen. melanos black).

But you haven't, so you don't. You are just a laughable Eurocentric idiot and that's why we love you!

The reference to Black skinned and woolly haired Egyptians has been translated as such in Herodutus Histories not only by Rawlinson, but Aubrey De Selincourt and most others and indeed, I am unaware of any African translation of Herodotus the Histories. The idea that "Black skinned and woolly haired" is an "Afrocentric" interpretation is therefore a non-starter.
And the notion of intepreting Herodotus in some other way (where Black does not mean "Black" is largely a sop to Eurocentric political correctness and disingenuousness- re-writing the Histories.

quote:
Horemheb I say again, you are a lier and a bad one
lol.

Now...go back to sleep baby Horemheb; lesson endth; it's time for your nap.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 11 February 2005).]

Horemheb

posted 11 February 2005 09:34 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Horemheb     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
fromashes...they have Doctorates in Classical Studies, they understand what Greeks did and thought. The problem is that a little knowledge can be dangerous. We have radical people here commenting on classical issues who simply do not have the backgroung to understand what they read. What does O'Rilley say, "the spin stops here."

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3