EgyptSearch Forums
  Ancient Egypt and Egyptology
  This kid is half Somali and Dutch

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone! next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   This kid is half Somali and Dutch
ausar

posted 26 March 2005 11:18 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

IP: Logged

Super car

posted 26 March 2005 11:32 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
The admixture gives him a kind of a near Eastern look. Know whether his Somali nationality is on the father's side or the mother?

Thought2

posted 26 March 2005 11:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
The admixture gives him a kind of a near Eastern look. Know whether his Somali nationality is on the father's side or the mother?

Thought Writes:

He looks almost Greek to me.

Super car

posted 26 March 2005 11:51 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Super car     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Thought Writes:

He looks almost Greek to me.

Yeap. He does have the look.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 26 March 2005).]

kifaru

posted 27 March 2005 06:26 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kifaru     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Look at the forehead. That is a Somali forehead.

ausar

posted 27 March 2005 07:12 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ausar     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote

Here are some more mixed Somalis:

These Somalis are Italian/Somali

Fabio Liverani, Italian father/somali mother

kembu

posted 02 April 2005 01:30 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for kembu     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Good illustration of what admixture has done to most modern Egyptians, especially those in the Delta and Middle Egypt.

windstorm2005

posted 02 April 2005 10:20 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for windstorm2005     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
I don't doubt that there were plenty of kemetans who looked like the guys above, especially when you take into account that the civilization lasted for 4,000+ years.

However, the foundation (and majority of the population) was likely "blacker" than that. The other important point is that aryanists would deny that kemetans who looked like that have any african ancestry at all, or they'll say that the ancestry comes from johnny-come-lately "slavestock" or whatever (in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, including images of royalty, & accounts of origins from the kemetans themselves.)

...And of course to aryanists, modern people who look like that are "sand niggers," & "mud people" nonetheless, unless it's politically expedient to say otherwise.

The crux of our problem is our "following the aryanists", as they cycle through their politically expedient and often conflicting racial classifications.

Race is nonsense. Aryanism is the problem, especially since all too many uninformed non-"aryan" people are tacit aryanists.

For example, lots of people who look like the above--but aren't 1st generation mixes--would bristle at the suggestion that they have "african" ancestry, but embrace "aryan" roots.

--

The problem is aryanism. However, telling the truth about Ancient Egypt is a step toward putting aryanism to rest.

Thought2

posted 02 April 2005 10:59 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

Here are some more mixed Somalis:

These Somalis are Italian/Somali

Fabio Liverani, Italian father/somali mother

Thought Writes:

Looks like a **TYPICAL** Mediterranean European to me.

rasol

posted 02 April 2005 11:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for rasol     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
Nah...he's an Erroneous E pure "Mediterranian" caucazoid of type B.28-xb4-dash-j45292......

Wait, that's not right, let me get out my binoculars and copy of Coon's 1939 "Races of Europe", for the latest information.

Carleton Coon!!!! Where are my Prehistoric caucazoids of East Africa!

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 02 April 2005).]

Thought2

posted 02 April 2005 11:13 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Nah...he's an Erroneous E pure "Mediterranian" caucazoid of type B.28-xb4-dash-j45292......

Wait, that's not right, let me get out my binoculars and copy of Coon's 1939 "Races of Europe", for the latest information.

Carleton Coon!!!! Where are my Prehistoric caucazoids of East Africa!

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 02 April 2005).]

LOL!!!!

Ben

posted 02 April 2005 02:04 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ben     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

Looks like a **TYPICAL** Mediterranean European to me.

Maybe the guy in the black and white photo, but the other two are definitely not European. One of them looks kind of North African to me. If I had to guess, I'd say the boy is from somewhere in the Caribbean.

Thought2

posted 02 April 2005 02:33 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Thought2     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
Maybe the guy in the black and white photo, but the other two are definitely not European. One of them looks kind of North African to me. If I had to guess, I'd say the boy is from somewhere in the Caribbean.

Thought Writes:

Ben, I was being sarcastic. The entire point of this thread is to spin the silly notion of equating phenotype with genetic lineage. There is variation within every group of the human family. Humans grade into one another genetically and morphologically from Central Africa to Sweden when the sample sizes and choices are constructed in a legitimate manner. Humanity began in Africa.

The Mediterranean region literally means the 'Middle Land'. It is at the cross roads of Africa, Asia and Europe. Population size in Africa was larger than Eurasia prior to the Neolithic period. Hence the **potential* for given inputs into the Mediterranean during the 'Mesolithic' was greater FROM Africa to the Mediterranean than from Europe or Asia.

When we contextualize this fact with the evidence of gene flow (E3b), linguistic spread (proto-Afro-Asiatic from East Africa), archaeological (proto-agriculture such as grind stones and sickles from Nile Valley to levant during early Holocene), skeletal data ('Negroid' traits in early Neolithic Greece), etc. we then see that the base of the Mediterranean populations was one composed of the indigenous Eurasian populations and incoming tropical Africans.

This tropical African element was small and would have been consumed by the larger indigenous Eurasian population, especially after the spread of the neolithic economy into Europe via the Balkins. Richards et al. indicate that there is substantial genetic and archaeological evidence for back-migration from Europe to the Middle East during the Bronze Age.

It is important for us to now study and create chronolgies for this back-migration to understand the cultural changes that ensued in the Mediterranean and NE Africa. The model given in 'The Destruction of Black Civilization' by Chancellor Williams needs to be refined with more current evidence, but the underlying theory is very relevent in this quest.

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 02 April 2005).]

Ben

posted 02 April 2005 03:48 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Ben     Edit/Delete Message   Reply w/Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

Ben, I was being sarcastic. The entire point of this thread is to spin the silly notion of equating phenotype with genetic lineage.

Forgive me. I'm a little out of it today.

[This message has been edited by Ben (edited 02 April 2005).]