EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » visa fee into luxor ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: visa fee into luxor ?
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys
arriving on wednesday in luxor
can someone refresh my memory
how much is entry visa fee ?
i think i put £15 in my passport last year for me and the other half and got change .
or was it 20 or 30 or 10 or...............

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AylaLake
Member # 6269

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AylaLake   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's the same as in Cairo, then it's US$15 and you have to pay in US$ apparently.
Posts: 12 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Gary, I paid £10.00 back in November. just have an english £10 note ready and try and get a visa card to fill in off the cabin vrew save a bit of time. Enjoy your stay.x
Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TDF
thats each isnt it ?

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah £10.00 each,also watch the airport workers they were grabbing people and pushing them to the front or near the front of the visa queue then asking for money,ha ha,!! But everyone else in the queue was getting really cheesed off. ! I have just got a re entry visa so hopefully I wont have to wait in any queues when I go back! Hope you have a great time am sure you will. How long are you staying for?
Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Gary £10 each, and you will get change back in L.E. here is a trick we learned, 1 of you get the visa stamps and the other wait in the line for passport control saves alot of time.
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by wills76:
Yes Gary £10 each, and you will get change back in L.E. here is a trick we learned, 1 of you get the visa stamps and the other wait in the line for passport control saves alot of time.

Hey that's a great idea!!That's the only bit of my holiday I don't like,but well worth it!

gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
thank guys
thought it was but hey my memory aint what it was 45 and all that

what a very good idea wills
remember last year i didnt book the transfer as i knew we could get a taxi a lot cheaper then the £20 thomas cook wanted for transfer
anyway got this guy standing there shouting 'anybody with thomas cook ? '
yeah us i said...........
o you aint booked the transfer,
just left us there
last ones out we were

TDP
going for 2 weeks and just booked a 2 nite stay at the oasis in cairo as this will be our 3rd time and still not seen the pyramids

TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
I will be there 24th( I know I keep going on about it but I can't wait!) Have a great trip and look forward to hear your adventures.x
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gary you'll have a super time the weather here is just right for sightseeing, but bring a jacket for the nights it great chilly. It is indeed UNDER £10 for the VISA and they should give you around 20/24LE in change too....beware of scams though I have heard a few people paying £15 and the people in the airport NOT bothering to give any change at all. Have a great time !

[This message has been edited by WELSHLADYUK (edited 03 January 2005).]

Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
thanks guy really excited now and got loads new places to eat out at too
sokarya_686@hotmail.com
Member # 6138

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya_686@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Gary, The cost of a tourist visa coming from the UK is fifteen pounds according to the latest Visa cost information from the Egyptian Embassy today.
All the entry fees to tombs and temples went up recently, so if you get a visa at the old price you will be doing well. Have a nice holiday. Charlie.

Posts: 707 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gary,

It should cost you about 20 LE to get from the airport into Luxor. If they have you over a barrel it might cost 30 LE but no more. This is very different from the £20 that Thomas cook want.

If you come backwards and forwards regularly then call in the Passport office near the Sheraton and get a re-entry visa. It is cheaper and means less hassle.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptiansue
Member # 5608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptiansue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Could you give me more info on the re-entry visa, we visit often. How much is it? How many times do you need to visit egypt in a year? How long does it last for?

Thanks

If you come backwards and forwards regularly then call in the Passport office near the Sheraton and get a re-entry visa. It is cheaper and means less hassle.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 13 | From: Gosport, Hants, UK | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need a passport photo and photocopies of the passport entry stamp and back page details of yourself. Then you just fill in the forms at the pasport office and wait. The one-year visa is almost instant but the re-entry visa needs a computer entry in Cairo and that can take a couple of hours - so go over to the sonesta for ice-cream while you are waiting. The one-year visa costs about 48 LE, and the re-entry visa is around 11 or 12 LE and lasts for 6 month. You say how many times you want to come in or out during that time.

For more info you can visit Keefy's site on Luxor4u.com

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com