EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » "Old Gold" ?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Old Gold" ?????
Happy Holiday Types
Member # 4597

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Happy Holiday Types     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have just returned from a holiday in Sharm el Sheikh. Had a great time, our first time in Egypt. A far better time than any Canary Islands or Majorca holiday we have taken before. When we were on holiday we heard young male hotel staff and Taxi drivers refering to middle aged to elderly English Woman as "old gold". Could anyone please enlighten us as to what this term means ???? Many Thanks
Posts: 60 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very simply refers to older women who provide money to younger men. The men take advantage by being romantic and the the women are carried away by either the romance or the sex.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

[This message has been edited by akshar (edited 23 June 2004).]

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alark
Member # 4294

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No insult to anyone. But no matter how many times I hear about these gigolo type of guys, it totally gives me the creeps.

If I was an old woman, I'd rather keep my money or give it to charity, rather than let one of those guys have it (and no I don't think it's charity to throw it at them).

If I was an old woman, I'd wave thousands of dollars in front of their face like it was nothing. Then if they tried one of those lines, I'd laugh my head off and ask them if they thought I was stupid, then neatly tuck my money back into my wallet.

Sometimes I think the women cant blame anyone but themselves for being called "old gold". But then again, a scammer is a scammer is a scammer and they need a smack down too.

Posts: 29 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alark:
No insult to anyone. But no matter how many times I hear about these gigolo type of guys, it totally gives me the creeps.

If I was an old woman, I'd rather keep my money or give it to charity, rather than let one of those guys have it (and no I don't think it's charity to throw it at them).

If I was an old woman, I'd wave thousands of dollars in front of their face like it was nothing. Then if they tried one of those lines, I'd laugh my head off and ask them if they thought I was stupid, then neatly tuck my money back into my wallet.

Sometimes I think the women cant blame anyone but themselves for being called "old gold". But then again, a scammer is a scammer is a scammer and they need a smack down too.

Sometimes it's fair game ya Alark.both the young guy and the old woman are playing dishonest.he wants her money and she wants his youth which is more precious,eh? and those guys stay with the woman as long as she can pay but when she cant anymore then they game is over and she cant blame him coz she was getting back things.just like those guys would do anything to get money from those old women also those old women would do anything to have those young men.fair game i say but not alwayes

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alark
Member # 4294

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, trouble, from what I've read on this board...it seems to work both ways . Either way, I just don't have a high tolerance for stupidity...and these stories highlight it to an extreme, and they are starting to wear thin.

No insult to anyone. I've read enough to know there are some innocent victims in this. But...it's just so frustrating when you know it doesn't have to be this way if people were smarter, or didn't trust or sell themselves so easily.

[This message has been edited by alark (edited 23 June 2004).]

[This message has been edited by alark (edited 23 June 2004).]

Posts: 29 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I shudder when I read posts like this,
I know all these things go on and I am so sorry when people get emotionally hurt - many women long to be loved, and as mentioned before fall for the sweet words.
I have to say I am a woman of 54 divorced many years ago. I love visiting Egypt for its warmth and colourful essence of the place. There are some of us - my self included who visit because we are in love with Egypt and not in love with an Egyptian or looking for sex or romance( what's sex with out love/relationship and trust) I made a conscious decision on my first visit, and in deed reading this brilliant forum, not to be "involved" because I did not want any one to tarnish my love of Egypt - "it" (Egypt) touches some thing deep in my heart,
We joke,smile and visit some families for which we are grateful and enjoy.
So please don't think all UK 50+ women with finances in Egypt are there for the men and sex.

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadijah2000
Member # 4971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadijah2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Very simply refers to older women who provide money to younger men. The men take advantage by being romantic and the the women are carried away by either the romance or the sex.

Like you

Posts: 81 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com