EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » 1902 Egyptian photos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1902 Egyptian photos
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can some one tell if the word Ghyassa is an Egyptian word? only in an album ( of Egyptian photos dated 1902 I have managed to find) it shows a picture of a felucca type boat with a kind of wig wam thing on it. Some pages are not filled in with details of country etc but I think they must have sailed down the full length of the Nile.
It mentions and shows a Sir Charles Cust (1907) has any one heard of him?

Some views are obvious, Luxor Temple, Pyramids etc with some of the early tourists sitting on horse back/camels in their corseted thick clothes! I'm sure the street water melon seller in Luxor is the the same one I saw last time I visited!!! and of course lots of views with no tourists at all.

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I know is that the name Ghyassa or 'Ghayass' is from Pakistan.

quote:
Originally posted by mydream:
Can some one tell if the word Ghyassa is an Egyptian word? only in an album ( of Egyptian photos dated 1902 I have managed to find) it shows a picture of a felucca type boat with a kind of wig wam thing on it. Some pages are not filled in with details of country etc but I think they must have sailed down the full length of the Nile.
It mentions and shows a Sir Charles Cust (1907) has any one heard of him?

Some views are obvious, Luxor Temple, Pyramids etc with some of the early tourists sitting on horse back/camels in their corseted thick clothes! I'm sure the street water melon seller in Luxor is the the same one I saw last time I visited!!! and of course lots of views with no tourists at all.

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thanks Monica
Not sure where that fits in unless it refers to a Pakistani standing on the boat!
It looks as though they have followed the White Nile and Blue Nile up into Egypt.
I wish I could post the photos on here

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you right click on the photo and then click on properties, hand copy the URL and then type it here, starting with [IMG] and ending with [/IMG] the picture should show

quote:
Originally posted by mydream:

Thanks Monica
Not sure where that fits in unless it refers to a Pakistani standing on the boat!
It looks as though they have followed the White Nile and Blue Nile up into Egypt.
I wish I could post the photos on here

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 02 July 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com