EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Camel safari

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Camel safari
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Does any one know any thing about camel/4 wheel drive safari's in Egypt or even on the Jordan border?
It's some thing we want to do at some point although personally the thought of sitting on a camel for several days with a sore a.. does not excite me! so the compromise would be part 4 wheel drive and camel.
Sleeping under the stars would be great too
Look forward to your experiences/suggestions

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's tons of them, ranging in comfort level, price, length, place... siwa/sand sea has lots, there's trips that take you from cairo to luxor via desert, there's white/black desert safaris, there's walking and camel pilgrimages in sinai following moses' steps ...just do a search on the internet and you'll find tons and tons of info
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello
ok you can read more about Egypt here. http://www.travel-egypt.ha22.com
Thanks
Halim
http://www.halim-hosting.com

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ExptinCAI and halim
Thanks for your info - will look on the net, sounds as though there will be too much choice!
Has any one actually had experience of any of these wonderful adventures?
PS
Keep thinking ExptinCAI means ex-captain of the CIA!!! but sure it doesn't!
Thanks again

Posts: 97 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol... what's with all the dyslexic people... it's CAI not CIA ...lol.

just expat in cairo because i had a brain fart when i was registering and that was the most neutral, non-gender thing (yet that would describe my point of view when i posted) that i could be bothered to come up with.

i did a white/black desert trip to Bahariyya Oasis which is 1/2 way between cairo and luxor, roughly.

beeeeeeaaautiful!! it was only a short weekend trip from cairo, but we went riding on the dunes in a 4x4 (much more fun than i ever imagined) enroute to one of the destinations, went to a place where dinosaur bones have been found, another place called the black desert due to the volcanic stuff still strewn around after i don't know how many thousands of years (we had a bad tour guide)... even got a collection of these little tiny rocks shaped in the oddest and most beautiful way and found one with a sea shell pressed into it. i thought that was incredible. and the white desert is fantastic too... just do a search on the internet to see the photos... it looks like Mars or something out of a science fiction novel with these giant mushroom-like formations... here...this is the first web site I found when I did a search for "white desert egypt"
http://www.shunya.net/Pictures/Egypt/Farafra/WhiteDesert.htm

In the one called "desertscape" - 2nd one from top, you'll see a white 4x4 loaded with stuff? They drive you out there on those things, about 30-40 minutes into the desert (once you get off the real road)... you find a good "mushroom" formation and you camp under the stars! There's no tents with a covering overhead, instead there's tent walls...2 cars make an "L" and you set up the walls along the L...then everyone huddles together in the blankets. All the equipment is provided by the tour company, you just have to bring warm clothing and help cook dinner.

It's not as isolated as it seems, because even though you're in the middle of nowhere, there's a caravan of these tour groups...when I went, there were about 10 or 15 of them...spaced apart enough that you feel alone, but close enough that if you get lost, you can make your way to another campground.

I heard that if you have the time, Siwa is absolutely breathtaking...it takes about 9 hrs to get to from Cairo, so it's more of a 10 day trip.

Hope this helped.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mydream
Member # 4638

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for mydream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I know it's CAI but I must be dyslexic and never known!
Thanks for the description of your trip it sounds glorious - I so want to see the white desert.
I did look on the net after your first reply - so many sites to choose from - was amazed.
I'm not worried about the vastness or isolation feeling
Thanks again

mansour
Member # 2983

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mansour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
if you want any help to go around in egyptian desert ,or jordane,
contact me ,i did many trips,and i can help you with all the informations about camels,motorbike,or 4x4 ,im doing alot of trips on motorbike,and i have somefriends they are thinking for trip in western desert by 4x4 and camels,
by the way being on camels for long trip is pain in the ..........hahaha
hope to hear from you
omar mansour

Posts: 28 | From: alex | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Memo2000
Member # 3996

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Memo2000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello friends
you can read more about egypt at this location : http://www.travel-egypt.ha22.com

also you can post in our new forum whatever you like at this location : http://www.ha22.com/forum
Thanks

Posts: 271 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

hey halim friend, could you stop spamming everything with your site, please?

if you have some info that relates directly to the question, then post the specific link or if you have some knowledge, please contribute!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com