EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Some Egyptian men are good!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some Egyptian men are good!
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many sad stories!What about good ones.I met my bf almost 2 years ago.Hes gorgeous,tall and wasnt interested in the 40 available tourist girls on the cruise ship who ogled him.He just played cd's & chatted with the othr tourleaders for days.Eventualy we ended up dancing.He told me hel show me some bum excersizes(very charming)and we kissed.At first i couldnt trust him.Because of what the other tourleaders did and the bad stories.So many women adore him and try 2 get us apart with unbelievable sneakines.Weve had tough times,broke up a few times,his family doesnt aprove of me,BUT here we are.No lies or promises from him.Straight relationship,seeing what the future brings and Ensha Allah if wed be able 2 get married and make it work.Like normal.You DO stil get nice guys.But i agree some are awful!
Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gigli:
So many sad stories!What about good ones.I met my bf almost 2 years ago.Hes gorgeous,tall and wasnt interested in the 40 available tourist girls on the cruise ship who ogled him.He just played cd's & chatted with the othr tourleaders for days.Eventualy we ended up dancing.He told me hel show me some bum excersizes(very charming)and we kissed.At first i couldnt trust him.Because of what the other tourleaders did and the bad stories.So many women adore him and try 2 get us apart with unbelievable sneakines.Weve had tough times,broke up a few times,his family doesnt aprove of me,BUT here we are.No lies or promises from him.Straight relationship,seeing what the future brings and Ensha Allah if wed be able 2 get married and make it work.Like normal.You DO stil get nice guys.But i agree some are awful!

Of course!! There are good and bad in all countries of the world. And it's not really so hard to tell the good from the bad....

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m very happy for you gigli,
i agree with you and i have said thousand times that not all egyptians are the same,and definately my own husband prove me this!
I wish you both to be very happy,and dont let the snake tongues to make ur life dark,dont give up from ur man...especially when ure sure that he is the one!Better without promisses,but proves!
Good luck,and be happy!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to be happy for people having events of that type but people on the ES taught me not to be ...

Have Fun !!!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catty
Member # 8867

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gigli:

Posts: 33 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrincessJasmine
Member # 8698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrincessJasmine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, how can you tell apart the good from the bad? I'm also dating an Egyptian man and I want to make sure that I won't have my heart broken...

Thx,
jessi

quote:
Originally posted by sin-dee:
Of course!! There are good and bad in all countries of the world. And it's not really so hard to tell the good from the bad....

Posts: 14 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PrincessJasmine1980:
Hi, how can you tell apart the good from the bad? I'm also dating an Egyptian man and I want to make sure that I won't have my heart broken...

Thx,
jessi

I don't think there is *ever* a guarantee you won't get your heart broken. I think dating an Egyptian guy is the same as any relationship on the fundamental level of respect and decency.

Is your boyfriend honest? Does he respect you? Do you respect him? Do you bring out the best in each other?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrincessJasmine
Member # 8698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PrincessJasmine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Snoozin,

Yes, I understand that there is 'ever' a guarantee that I won't get my heart broken. It's just that I hear so many different stories about Muslim men only marrying to get status into another country, using woman and things like that. And I don't believe everything I hear just over time these things do sink into your brain and make you doubt. See, he knows that I'm a Landed Immigrate/Permanent Resident and he wishes that I don't apply for Citizenship of the country in which I live in because he don't want my family or friends to think that's the reason why he married me!! I believe he is being honest with me and I don't want to think otherwise as I am being honest with him. We have great respect for eachother that's one of the reasons why he fell in love with me because I am so open and respectful of Muslims and the people. And he says that I bring out the best of him all the time. Says, I'm his life and how can someone live without his life... I also know that we will need time to get to know one another which will be a different kind of communication from telephone and net.

I know that Egyptian men can get jealous especially when his g/f has friends which are mostly guys and he has told me that and I respect that but yet, he still talks with girls on net and I have told him that it makes me jealous too but yet he still continues... What do you suggest? (By the way, we've know eachother for 8 months)

One more thing. I have a close friend of mine who went home to visit his family in Egypt for the Canadian summer and thought it was a great idea for him (my friend) to meet my b/f to see what he thought of him but it never came to that due to my b/f's work timings, etc. But they have spoken on the phone a few times What my friend had to report was that he didn't think he was a bad person but he didn't like his was of thinking of how our relationship should work. For intence, the religion of our future children. He, my b/f has told me it's up to me what their religion belief will be which I know it isn't up to me since it falls under what religion the father is. So my friend asked him, that why he said that to me and he said: when she comes and sees, I will convince her. The other thing is about me moving to Egypt. We agreed that I would live with him for a couple of years and then we would move to Canada together but to my friend he said: that all I want is that she comes here, and when she comes here, I will be able to change her mind. So what are you able to suggest about this? It makes me doubt in some ways in him and I don't want to tell him what he told my friend in which he told me!!

So I'm really wondering if he's just telling me ALL I want to hear while he's making other plans for us!!..

Very confused.

Jessi
(sorry for it being so LONG)

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I don't think there is *ever* a guarantee you won't get your heart broken. I think dating an Egyptian guy is the same as any relationship on the fundamental level of respect and decency.

Is your boyfriend honest? Does he respect you? Do you respect him? Do you bring out the best in each other?

Posts: 14 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PrincessJasmine
Member # 8698

Rate Member
I was also wondering what the rules are for a non-Muslim woman living in Egypt? And how the life will be like opposed to living here in Canada? (Besides temperature wise)

Thx,
jessi

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi Snoozin,

I know that Egyptian men can get jealous especially when his g/f has friends which are mostly guys and he has told me that and I respect that but yet, he still talks with girls on net and I have told him that it makes me jealous too but yet he still continues... What do you suggest? (By the way, we've know eachother for 8 months)

How do you know he still talks to other girls on the net? He tells you, or you know some other way?

This one is hard for me because I'm all for having friends of the opposite sex, but I don't think that's too common in Egyptian culture.

quote:

For intence, the religion of our future children. He, my b/f has told me it's up to me what their religion belief will be which I know it isn't up to me since it falls under what religion the father is. So my friend asked him, that why he said that to me and he said: when she comes and sees, I will convince her. The other thing is about me moving to Egypt. We agreed that I would live with him for a couple of years and then we would move to Canada together but to my friend he said: that all I want is that she comes here, and when she comes here, I will be able to change her mind. So what are you able to suggest about this? It makes me doubt in some ways in him and I don't want to tell him what he told my friend in which he told me!!

How old are you guys? He should be very honest with what his needs are, like religion and where to live. He shouldn't have to think he needs to *convince* you to do anything. A couple looks at all the options *together.* They determine which things hold more or less importance for either partner, and then they made a decision together about it. I'd ask him to be more clear with what he truly wants, and not to just say things to you that he thinks will please you.

I didn't realize your relationship was long-distance. They can be extremely hard. And personally, I don't think they have much chance of working unless both partners strive for extreme candor and honesty.

He may not realize these things bother you, so it's best to tell him up front. I wish you the best.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
I was also wondering what the rules are for a non-Muslim woman living in Egypt? And how the life will be like opposed to living here in Canada? (Besides temperature wise)

Thx,
jessi

I don't really know about the *living* part, I'm afraid. My fiance and I both live here in the US. I've only visited Cairo, which I loved. I'm sure some expats will chime in, though.

Where does your boyfriend live? Have you visited yet? If so, did you like it?

I am hoping, God willing, to move to Cairo next year with my fiance. I'm really excited about it, although I know the change will be big, and probably stressful, at least for a while....

Good luck with everything.

PrincessJasmine
Member # 8698

Rate Member
He doesn't tell me upfront but I ask him and he tells me. One time, there was this girl that was chatting with him on the same site where we met and he thought it was me playing some trick on him so that's how I know for sure he is but yet he wants me to start stopping my all communitcations with my opposite sex friends!! :S Which I've known for years and yet he's still meeting girls online

How does your fiance feel about you having friends of the oposite sex?

I'm 25 and he's 24!! Yah, I know and I hope he is honest with me in everyway. But what I'm trying to understand is why he tells me one thing and tells my friend something different about how our relationship should work. That's what puzzling me and I can't comfront him because my friend asked me to promise not to say a word about this to my b/f of what he thought of him, etc....

And THANKS Snoozin for your words. It gives me more things to think about

God Bless,

PrincessJasmine
Member # 8698

Rate Member
My b/f lives in Suez but works in Cairo.

No, I haven't visited yet because of my studies but he and his family wishes that I come soon because they all are eager to meet me which I am as well...

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
He doesn't tell me upfront but I ask him and he tells me. One time, there was this girl that was chatting with him on the same site where we met and he thought it was me playing some trick on him so that's how I know for sure he is but yet he wants me to start stopping my all communitcations with my opposite sex friends!! :S Which I've known for years and yet he's still meeting girls online

How does your fiance feel about you having friends of the oposite sex?

I'm 25 and he's 24!! Yah, I know and I hope he is honest with me in everyway. But what I'm trying to understand is why he tells me one thing and tells my friend something different about how our relationship should work. That's what puzzling me and I can't comfront him because my friend asked me to promise not to say a word about this to my b/f of what he thought of him, etc....

And THANKS Snoozin for your words. It gives me more things to think about

God Bless,

I won't say I know what a *typical* Egyptian is, because I don't, but my fiance is generally just crazy. He's in his 40s, is a non-practicing Muslim, and very American-acting. But as far as male friends, I don't really have any close ones. I always wish I had, because it seems so cool to have a brotherly-type friendship with someone, but it's never happened. So it's not really an issue. I do go out after work a lot with a mixed group of friends, and he doesn't have any problem with this.

He and I trust each other completely. But I know it's a lot easier to trust one another when you get to see each other almost every day.

If I were you, I would not give up male friends for a man I have not met yet. When you two get to the point of seriously contemplating marriage, then you have to decide as a couple what you will and will not sacrifice. Your husband becomes your primary relationship and I think that's the relationship you should respect the most. But until you've progressed to that point, keep your real-life support network around you. If this guy were American, I'd tell you, no way don't give up male friends. But he's not, and that is a cultural issue that you have to take into consideration.

The only other advice I can give you is to keep your wits about you. Don't give him money. That's apparently a common theme on these boards. But I've given money unwisely to American, next-door-neighbor boyfriends in the past and it's backfired, so I just don't generally believe in it.

And remember than Egyptian men can have up to 4 wives legally, and there's also this *orfi* trend and maybe that allows for countless wives, I don't know. But if you get serious to the point of marriage, you should confirm (through legal means) he has no other wives first.

Generally, the Egyptians I have met are wonderful, warm, caring, and happy people, but a con artist can show up in any culture. I do wish you the best.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian men are good if they have large cocks and are excellent in bed or anywhere else for that matter.

And they stay the h*ll out of my kitchen!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOLLLLLLLLLl
How can someone not to love you sono...
This sweet mouth of yours,i gonna die from laugh one day coz of u!

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreignluvr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thx,
jessi

Use your gut instinct. Believe it or not what you feel in your head and not your heart is usually right. If you have even a little doubt about anything then you will probably get hurt. Take things one day at a time. NEVER give him money. If he even ask for it then he is, in my eyes, not a very good Egyptian man. Even if they are penniless, a good Egyptian man would never take money from a woman. And again, even though it may be hard sometimes, pay close attention to what your brain tells you and not your heart....

Posts: 895 | From: Atlanta, GA. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreignluvr
Member # 5854

oh Jessi, btw I did not read the entire thread b4 I responded to you. Talk to him. Ask him about the conversation with your friend. You really need to go visit and stay as long as you can to meet him in person. You will then be able to find out who he is and you will learn much more about his country, religion, & beliefs. As Snoozin says we are never given guarentees that relationships will work out or last. But if a person does not take risks sometimes they could miss out on a lot of experiances and happiness. Good luck to you & I do hope this man is everything you want him to be.
One other thing, don't give up your male friends yet. Yes, the Egytpian men I know do not want their g/f's to talk to anyone of the oppisite sex. You have plenty of time to make that decision if things get much more serious between you two. But if you agree not to speak or have other male friends then it should also apply for him. Don't you think that's only fair?
Anyway, good luck again...

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diana_ivanova:
LOLLLLLLLLLl
How can someone not to love you sono...
This sweet mouth of yours,i gonna die from laugh one day coz of u!

He may love me still, I don't know, he has a shitty way of showing it.

No you won't die from laughing no one else has, YET!

But hopefully someday I will run into Mr. Large Dick Charming, and we will f*ck everyday happily ever after.

He ha ha ha lol.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com