EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Transport from Cairo Airport to Ramses Station

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Transport from Cairo Airport to Ramses Station
thrish
Member # 9499

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for thrish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
Has anyone experiences or advice for me what’s the easiest and best way to go from Cairo airport to the main train station?

Also - We are taking a sleeping train form there but we also got a couple of hours spare in between. Ideally we would like to lock our luggage somewhere at the train station and explore.

Any experiences?
I’m looking forward for any advice!
Thanks very much!

Posts: 12 | From: Austria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As soon as you come out of passport control / customs you'll find loads of taxi drivers and guys from car serviced approaching you. Depending on the time of day / night and the traffic it should take you about 20 - 45 minutes to get to Ramses station.

Make sure you pay no more than 40 LE! [Wink]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most popular option is take a black & white cab at the airport, make sure you agree upon the price before you start the journey.

There are also buses running from the airport to central Cairo but this can be a bit daunting if this is your first visit to Cairo. I would stick to a cab.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of any lockers nor would I really feel comfortable with the kind of lock that might be on there (you'll see what i mean when you get there).

You're going to a bustling, crowded place which takes quite a bit of time to get in/out of (unless you're in a taxi and can get out and cross the street easily - not easy with luggage. AT ALL).

I'd suggest you go to downtown Cairo to one of the 5 star hotels. Depending on time of day you get in, you may be able to still go to the museum.

Go to the Nile Hilton, Ramsis Hilton or Semiramis and go up the bellboy/captain. Explain you'd like to store your bags for a couple of hours and slip him a tip.

Easy and safe storage leaving you free to walk along the corniche, take a felluca ride, or go to the museum (next door to nile hilton) [Smile]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thrish
Member # 9499

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thrish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would travelling be without such forums and all of your great help. Many thanks to all....

@ExptinCAI - the tip with the hotels certainly sounds good! Thanks!

Posts: 12 | From: Austria | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't think any hotel bellboy would accept storing luggage for non hotel residents - specially nowadays, even for a large tip. I wouldn't personally count on this option.
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a name of a taxi driver in Cairo ... Sameh Moustafa Ahmed .. his mobile is 0127698018. He's very nice and helpful. He works for the Hilton.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.cairo-airport.com/services_transportation.asp
Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy
Member # 648

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Blue Cab!

http://www.thebluecab.com/2.html

Clean cars with A/C and English speaking drivers. No requirement to bargain as prices are fixed and they can have a sign with your name on it when you arrive if you ask. We have used them going to and from the airport and they are reliable.

Posts: 29 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com