EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » inflation on flight price.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: inflation on flight price.....
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
done a few searches...from lon-alex
quote:
  • lufthansa = £389.70
  • travelocity = £380.00
  • lastminute = £380.00
  • ebookers = £376.40
  • thomas cook = £ 369.40

Hi,

Is it too early to book, or has there been an £100 inflation to to travel from Lhr-ALY... [Confused]

Last summer I went to alex from uk at:
£280.00

Any travel agents here, know whats going on [Eek!]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Due to some airlines magic prices can grow outrageously in DAYS and we can do nothing about it. Last year I flew to and fro Egypt 3 times, all Wash. DC/Cairo or Alex and prices differed from under $1,000 to over $3,000!!!!!! (I sure did not pay over $3,000 [Big Grin] ) Same flights, some destinations, different dates. It is better to book earlier: search for a week, compare the prices, and then grab what seems like the best deal and BUY! Online greatest deals disappear in seconds (happened to me, I was 'clicking' too slow once.... [Big Grin] )! Good luck.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just had a thought from what Karah Mia said, as well as seasonal variations, i.e. its cheaper if you travel low season (November to March) than high season (July to September), you can also get cheaper flights if you travel mid-week, i.e. Tuesday to Thursday.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to www.expedia.com

do a search from LHR to ALY...

from 23/6 to 26/7..

i got a £10 RETURN flight...

but then when you click on it is say "your flight has changed from £10 to £385"

I think actually it is too early....
best time is not too late or too early...

so maybe the wait and see the trend in demand, wether they will decrease the price...

I hope egpyt (Alex) isnt featured in any holiday magazine...or tv show [Eek!]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Just had a thought from what Karah Mia said, as well as seasonal variations, i.e. its cheaper if you travel low season (November to March) than high season (July to September), you can also get cheaper flights if you travel mid-week, i.e. Tuesday to Thursday.

You got it wrong, high season in Egypt is winter & spring, this is the best time to visit Egypt but prices do go up during this time of year.
Low season would be summer e.g. June to September.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

You got it wrong, high season in Egypt is winter & spring, this is the best time to visit Egypt but prices do go up during this time of year.
Low season would be summer e.g. June to September.

Hi Ann!

Wasn't there a more polite way that you could have made that comment?

I was thinking about Ki$$7eaven travelling from the UK and it is usually the case that the months I mentioned are the seasonal variations from there. However the point of my message was more to mention that the days of the week can affect flight prices too, and that it might be worth him trying to check prices for different days.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, ann when you fly from the states to egypt, you have to do a stop-over via europe (unless you're doing a direct flight from new york)

it's the high season in europe, therefore the total price of your air ticket (if you fly any of the usually reasonably-priced european based airlines) is actually much more than in winter.

in the UK on the other hand, the air tickets are often part of a holiday package and any sun/sea destinations are always more expensive in the cold months than in the summer. hence, from the uk, it may cost less to fly to egypt in summer but from the us, it costs more - generally speaking.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anneke
Member # 9815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anneke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Original post was about flight tickets from UK to Egypt & I know that fares to Egypt tend to be more expensive in winter vs summer (lower demand in summer).
Posts: 42 | From: Maadi, Cairo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is the cheapest place in europe to travel from...to Egypt..

Last year I though of taking one of them EastJet flights somewhere in europe, and then from there fo to Egypt....maybe Greace [Confused]

But I dont think there are much price differnce acorss europe either ??

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is rather pointless to talk of high or low season in a particular country, since availability of aircraft is determined by the demand in the country of origin. So whilst "High Season" in Egypt is in the winter months, "High Season" would be in the summer months in Spain. This has the effect of available planes being concentrated on the most popular places at the time. This has the knock on effect of affecting prices and availability (supply and demand) to other places. Sometimes this could result in very cheap fares if planes to certain locations are unable to fill up.

So, it really is just a question of keep searching and hope one strikes lucky for a special offer on a flight difficult to fill at the time. It really has nothing to do with "season". [Big Grin]

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Air Malta, do a flight from London to Malta then connect from malta to larnaca, then through to cairo. Stop over times vary but you can get huge savings.
I did last april.
A Romanian airline its either called Tarom do one from london to Budapest then change for Cairo. This was the cheapest flight !! But it was a very basic service, noisy, and quite primitive!! If you want savings and dont mind changing try this one. http://www.tarom.ro/english/index.php
It will not give you the cairo flight on the booking page!! Call them and they will arrange it for you.
Hope this helps.... [Wink]

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by allisonelsokary:
. Stop over times vary but you can get huge savings.
I did last april.
A

How much are we talking here [Eek!]
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ki$$7eaven have just checked web site for tarom airlines, London to Cairo - £481.60. Try "Just the Flight" web site, flight to Cairo from LHR with 1 stop £226.20.

These prices are for beginning of April, when are you thinking of going?

Hope this helps!

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
hi.

does anyone know if it cheaper to go to cairo....
instead of alexandria?

i know that a train from cairo to alex is only about 30LE

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA is advertising flights to Alex for 325. Since few airlines fly to Alex, you will get better variety via Cairo. The other option is to find a chartered flight to Sharm and take a bus.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
a bus..... [Eek!]
it takes 12 hours to go there or more...

im sure domestic flight are cheap...

there are so many possibilty to save money...
i mean you can save at least 1000EGP I reckon..
and thats your rent paid for the one or two months there....

http://www.egyptair.com.eg/docs/Services/services2.htm

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaa everyone talking of so many different originating points. I have traveled to egypt 5 times since june of 2003, each time was a different price.. i went in june the first time and it was 1200 went to new york then to cairo via egypt air, no layover anywhere else other than new york, then i went in late december for 1300 and that one was 2 layovers in the states but then straight from new york to cairo on egypt air again, then again in march 2004.. that one was 1100, on egypt air, again 2 layovers in the states and straight to cairo with egypt air.
Went again last december 2004, that one was 832 via air france, 2 plane changes in the states then off to paris then to cairo... next was may of 2005 that one was 1100 via egypt air again.. same thing lay overs in states then straight to cairo from new york.. getting ready to travel in feb back to cairo,, am taking american airlines..found a ticket for 938.. one stop in the states, then off to frankfurt germany then to cairo, return is from cairo to london then to states... so as you see it almost always different depending on the airline but the price always always changes no matter what time of year availability is the thing that matters in the "high season low season"

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is a tip,,, www.sidestep.com

its a search agent for flights and or hotels and cars.. it compares all the airlines and gives you the prices and flights.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

yes, the bus does take a while but i don't know if you're a student, etc. and some people have time time, but not the money. if you're a foreigner, then domestic flights are about $250-300 round trip. If you're egyptian or have residency, then about LE 300
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
travelocity.co.uk

had this search option where you can search across a few months..

for example you can see the prices from january to all they to october....

thats wat i done at traveloctiy.....i found the exact cheapest time.....and looked around....then booked it with lastminute.com [Wink]

but they took that search facilty off [Frown] [Mad] only avaible in the US site...

ba.com has the same thing,...but it only for thier airline...

borat
Member # 9599

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for borat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone is travelling to or from the Red Sea
this is the cheapest site I know.
www.redseaflights.com
Might be useful to go via red sea and get internal flight to Cairo or Alex?

Posts: 57 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not possible to predict air flight prices based on previous examples as it is a volatile market which changes constantly according to supply and demand. You are all entirely wasting your time and effort. The only thing one can do is what the travel and ticket agents do, trawl through all the prices offered by the budget airlines and look for the CURRENT best deals, and even they can change within minutes!!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chigna
Member # 9897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chigna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try : http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Alexandria/Heathrow/
Posts: 8 | From: Portsmouth UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karena:
Ki$$7eaven have just checked web site for tarom airlines, London to Cairo - £481.60. Try "Just the Flight" web site, flight to Cairo from LHR with 1 stop £226.20.

These prices are for beginning of April, when are you thinking of going?

Hope this helps!

Thanks All.

Hi,

http://www.tarom.ro/english/index.php

What dates and airlines was that

the cheapest i found so far:
thomascook.com = £249 (alitalia)
on 3rd july to 3rd sept

Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

I am going beginning of April and that was Italia Airlines there is another good site called Packyourbags.com. If you have not got an exact date, my travel department at work told me to go onto lastminute.com a week before and I should get a cheap flight.

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
a week b4,,,that is too risky....
esp during summer time

--------------------
--
here...

Karena
Member # 9835

Ki$$7eaven

Take a look at these web sites thy are pretty cheap:

www.southalltTravel.co.uk
trips travelocity.co.uk
www.thompsonfly.com
www.startravel.uk.co

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
i asked a travel agent dont u think this year prices are higher than last...

they said...there are various factor, on of them being "terrorist" attacks...

there were some attacks going on last year...
but this year seems a lil quite...

thinking back now, where most "bomb attacks" done during summer in the past [Confused]

--------------------
--
here...

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at the breadown of the price of your flight, you may notice that almost a third of the ticket is taken up with Tax and air fees. The price of the ticket has not increases all that much but the tax has....due to fuel cost for various reasons..... [Wink]
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
did your cheque cleared yet?

--------------------
--
here...

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just was in Alex last year in June ant therefore know that "the season" there do not know if for ailines also but definitely for hotels and apartments, starts from 15 June to appr 15 Aug. For Alex indeed summer is the seasn beause all other seasons are too cold, and because local people have along tradition of taking vacations there with families (starting immediately after exams in schools, i.e. middle of June). First of all the beaches are better than in red sea for people who never go in water anyway [Smile] and secondly it is still cheaper than read sea, for them. Prices of all rental apartments and hotels may rise up tp 3 times for that short period.

CSA flies to Cairo rather cheaply, and has a lot of connecting flights from Europe, if you wish take that way. I think they have a strategy of turning Prague into some sort of gigant flight hub. Nothing glamorous but decent new small Boeings, good crew, hot gulash... I fly with them for around 360EUR, a return trip of around 10000 km. 24 hour stays in Prague are allowed I think, if your schedule allows, but be prepared for high prices (in city) and somewhat high-brow service, though nothing else to complain of, life is simply too good in Czechia these days it seems (sorry!) [Smile]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
can i check their flight price online?

--------------------
--
here...

nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:
can i check their flight price online?

Their system is a bit complicated but they seem to fly e.g. from London every day at least 3 flights, but they fly to Cairo I think twice a week just now - on wednesdays and sundays, back on thursdays and mondays.
So, a trial search I made, flying from LON on Sun Feb 5 14.40 and spending 3,5 hours in Prague, arriving in Cairo 02.10 at night, and flying back from Cairo night of Sun to Mon of Feb 20, at 03.05 and continuing to London immediately, to arrive at 08.10, or spending around 6 hours in Prague (time for coffee i Old town, they have a convenient minibus service from airport into heart of old city each 30 min) and arriving in London 13.45 on Monday, gave results like 286 and 356 GBP and upwards.
Now, have no idea if this nearly 300GBP is competitive enough.

Try yourself at www.csa.cz with maybe Frankfurt? or any other place convenient for you (and lower on flight taxes) or try contact some of their agencies listed there because their web really is not very convenient.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
great news...
last checked prices

gone down by average £50 [Big Grin]

--------------------
--
here...

candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take alook at these prices-unfortunatley dont think they do Alex????

Gatwick to Luxor, Egypt £99
Per Adult
Monday 13 March 2006 7 Nights
Date Route Flight No. Depart Arrive
Mon 13 Mar 2006 LGW to LXR TBA info 1045 TBA info
Mon 20 Mar 2006 LXR to LGW TBA info TBA info 2245
Last checked on: 2006-03-10 2342 Reference ID= 6122

Telephone bookings only
Please call 0845 045 0153

Per Adult
Mon 13 Mar 2006 LGW to LXR FCA594 1045 1805
Mon 20 Mar 2006 LXR to LGW TBA info 1905 2245
Last checked on: 2006-03-11 0806 Reference ID= 6123

Telephone bookings only

Per Adult
Mon 13 Mar 2006 LGW to LXR TBA info TBA info TBA info
Mon 20 Mar 2006 LXR to LGW TBA info TBA info TBA info
Last checked on: 2006-03-10 1903 Reference ID= 6124

Telephone bookings only

Gatwick to Marsa Alam, Egypt £109
Per Adult
Friday 28 April 2006 5 Nights
Fri 28 Apr 2006 LGW to RMF BY002A 1115 1730
Wed 03 May 2006 RMF to LGW AEU318 1730 2115
Last checked on: 2006-03-11 0632 Reference ID= 6125

Telephone bookings only

Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ps they have other dates and prices-flights to hurgarda sharm are coming out reasonable but flight to Luxor are really expensive why???

When i was there in Jan an ex-pat told me that they are trying to get tourist to go to the Red Sea instead of Luxor, and only visit on tour buses, anyone heard anything about this?????

Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
o thx but7 days is not enuf for sure

--------------------
--
here...

sim-sim
Member # 10450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sim-sim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to form a coop for traveling to egypt
lots of egyption in the uk would love to save few £ going home
just think book the all the flight out and back get full and you save a ££££££
sound not easy you think
but with a coop it is
if there is 300 to 500 egyption join
it would be a start

Posts: 3 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
they have lots of dates and different airports i just got flight for £218.00 for 14 nights for the 17th april
Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if someone can help..........

I'm looking for the cheapest possible flight from Cairo to London, departing on Monday 20th March, preferably late afternoon (or even Tuesday 21st March). It doesn't have to be a direct flight.........with a view to returning to Egypt on Monday 3rd April.

Does anyone have any suggested websites to look at?
Or any experience with a particular airline that does economical flights?

Any help would be much appreciated [Smile]

Salam

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Hi Enigma!

I saw an ad recently, Air France and KLM have some offers on at the moment...Cairo London 2100 LE (pre-tax). Fares are valid for sales and travel from Cairo. Air France, Tel: 77026262 www.airfrance.com/eg or KLM, Tel: 58055747/58055757 www.klm.com/eg

get-over-it
Member # 8447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for get-over-it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Enigma - I've been looking for a one-way flight for the same day. Strange coincidence! Czech Airlines is around 2200 LE, and I think Egypt Air's direct flight is only 2940 (both of these are just one way prices though). Air Malta is the cheapest I've found - one way for 1827 LE - contact airlines@emeco.com - they should be able to find a good deal for you (the cheapest quotes I've found!). Good luck!
Posts: 172 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the help newcomer and blue skies [Smile]

I'll let you know if I find any special offers or last minute deals.

Salam

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com