EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » gippy tum » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™  

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Debs
Member # 10874
 - posted
any advice about how to stop a gippy tum, going in July and with the heat it is bound to happen, also any good remedies if we do end up with it local or to take from England.

ninky
Member # 10736
 - posted
Try the anti bacterial tablets, they are good, but just try to stay away from foods sold on street, and buffet food which has been out for a while, but if you have been here before and suffered, usually the next time you come you dont really have it.

martha
Member # 10281
 - posted
I was in Egyt about 45 days ago. No problems with the local food or water. Ate everything I wanted at street vendors, restaraunts, etc.

But the best food was the food my husband cooked. And his mother and sisters, of course.

God I love the food. It was a wonderful change from what I'm used to eating.

Semsema
Member # 5415
 - posted
Any pharmacy has Streptoquin. They only cost about 9 LE for a packet. The good thing is you don't get the awful gripping pain with them and they work really fast.

Samia
Member # 4691
 - posted
Like sem says, Streptoquin... also Antinal....both are gut antibacterials... so you don't get the clogging afterwards that you get with the English stuff!!!

nomad
Member # 6283
 - posted
Another one we got from the local Pharmacies in Luxor is "Entocid".
Stopped Tut's Trots very well. So much so that any unused packets we had we would pass on to any of our friends going to Egypt too as the English stuff you buy just doesn't work out there.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com