This is topic Beaches in Egypt in forum Visiting Egypt at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002988

Posted by barr (Member # 9441) on :

Hi everyone,
I am planning to go to Egypt in the summer and I wanted to find out a couple of things. I want to go to the beaches in Alexandria and the Sinai and I've heard that it is innapropriate for women to wear bathing suits on the beach in many places. What I wondered is do the native Eqyptian men wear bathing suits and go topless on the beaches, or would that be out of place too? Thanks for any info you might have.

Posted by AndreAhmed (Member # 9277) on :

yes we do , but not for publich beaches in alex ..
there's marina village , u can wear anything u like ..

Posted by countessa (Member # 9626) on :

Hi Barr

You can wear bathing suits/bikinis on any of the beaches in Sharm/Sinai...Alex is rather different because there are a lot of public beaches (you'll know them because there isn't 1cm of space free!)...you'll see Egyptian women bathing in the sea fully clothed. However the private beaches belonging to hotels are different and you can wear your regular swimming apparel without feeling uncomfortable.

Native Egyptian men wear swimming shorts just like their Western counterparts. The issue of clothing is a religious one....which is why you won't find a pious Muslim woman wearing a swimming costume.

Hope this helps
x

Posted by allieNewhere (Member # 9653) on :

hi
im leaving to egypt for the first time in january 2006
is there anyone would like to spend time with me there as im going alone, ill even pay for the time you spend with me.
please assist
allie

Posted by Samia (Member # 4691) on :

quote:
Originally posted by allieNewhere:
hi
im leaving to egypt for the first time in january 2006
is there anyone would like to spend time with me there as im going alone, ill even pay for the time you spend with me.
please assist
allie

!!!??? [Confused] [Eek!] [Confused] !!!???

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com