EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Jesus and God = the same

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jesus and God = the same
Reconstrucdead
Member # 11206

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reconstrucdead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bible makes it perfectly clear from these verses Jesus is God.

"In the beginning was the Word (Jesus-Logos)*, and the Word (Jesus)* was with God (the Father)*, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not (overcome)* it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own (Jews)*, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John bore witness of Him and cried out , saying, ‘This was He of whom I said, He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. (John 1: 1-18)

A person can choose not to believe what the Bible says, but please don’t try to deny what it says.

I will show you that Jesus did claim divinity, the Bible claims Jesus is God, and His disciples did claim Jesus Christ is God. The thing people need to understand about Christians is that they believe in ONE God in trinity. An example of this is how we are three yet one, we have a body soul and a spirit, but we are still one.

Posts: 145 | From: offshore | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JESUS IS NOT GOD!!!You and the others think that He is trinity,but you do not understand meaning of that.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reconstrucdead
Member # 11206

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reconstrucdead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islam is not a refinement of Christianity, as it claims to be. Its teachings, as we have seen, contradict the basic teachings of Christianity. The cornerstone of Christianity is the divinity of Jesus Christ, and his resurrection. Without Christ's death and resurrection, there could not have been any redemption of the human race from sin, disease, aging, and death. Without the shedding of blood, there can be no forgiveness of sin, according to Hebrews 9:22. If Christ did not die, then we are still in our sins. And, if he was not raised, then our faith is in vain, as Paul says in I Corinthians 15:17, since it is His resurrection that assures us of resurrection and immortality. Islam refers to Jesus as a prophet, but not as divine. We have seen, however, that there are many problems that arise if we reject Christ's claims for himself. It is not possible to refer to Christ as a prophet if His claims to divinity were false. He made these claims consistently, and they were the basis of the complaints of the Jews, who eventually saw to it that he was crucified because of what they considered to be the blasphemous nature of his claims to divinity.
Posts: 145 | From: offshore | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reconstrucdead
Member # 11206

Rate Member
How do you understand it? (the trinity)
Reconstrucdead
Member # 11206

Rate Member
In John 10:30 Jesus is claiming to be equal to God (the Father). The Pharisees did not believe that Jesus Christ was God in flesh.

Do you believe that Jesus is God in flesh or not?

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isa.53
[1] Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
[3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
[4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
[5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
[6] All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
[7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
[8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
[9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
[10] Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
[11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
[12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com