EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » What happens when

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What happens when
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In islam it tells us about ibrahim visitng ishmael's wife, and of her complaing about their life, hardship and destitution, Ibrahim advised ishamel to change the threshold of his gate. When he visited Ishmael's new wife she did not complain and advised ishmael to keep firm the threshold of the gate.

We also know in Islam that if a husband's wife and mother do not get along, then he can divorce his wife.

What right's do women have? If the husband and the wife's mother cannot get along? Or the husband is constantly complaining about his wife to her family??

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ya Ragal:

We also know in Islam that if a husband's wife and mother do not get along, then he can divorce his wife.

1st time to hear that !!
dont think it's true, if they don't get along together so every one stay in her home, that's it

quote:
Originally posted by Ya Ragal:

What right's do women have? If the husband and the wife's mother cannot get along? Or the husband is constantly complaining about his wife to her family??

the problems between a man and his wife shouldn't go out of their home, unless it's a final solution
the wife still have the right to see her mother\family even if the husband doesn't like them, but sure he should agree that she go 1st.

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guest Of Life:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ya Ragal:
[qb]

1st time to hear that !!
dont think it's true, if they don't get along together so every one stay in her home, that's it

I don't know the strength of this but wasn't it written someone in Quranic text or the Sunnah, "Divorce a woman, you divorce her mother"?

Which is why alot of Western/Egyptian marriages don't work. The baby boom generation has alot of not so "believing" parents. The daughter may grow up to be virtuous, but if her mother isn't, she is doomed.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
I don't know the strength of this but wasn't it written someone in Quranic text or the Sunnah, "Divorce a woman, you divorce her mother"?

"someone in Quranic text"
"Divorce a woman, you divorce her mother"
ok, in English this time ?!!

Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

"someone in Quranic text"
"Divorce a woman, you divorce her mother"
ok, in English this time ?!!

I have been told this and have read it on Islamic websites. Can't remember if it was in the Quran or the Surah.

What strikes me is how Men they are unhappy with their in-laws are allowed to just divorce their wives. If women aren't happy with the in-laws (and most of the time they live with their in-laws unlike Men) they are supposed to supress their unhappiness, turn their romantic eptitude away from their husbands and turn these feelings onto their sons so later on their sons will not be able to want to carry an equal burden of the marriage and just demand their wive's zip it or get lost. Thus what is supposed to be between a man and a wife is transfered between a woman and her son.

Why?

Because its in the blood then. You'd make sacrifices and allowances for your own blood, but not your wife.

Hello? Who here is going to marry an American revert next time? [Embarrassed]

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
i think the current generation understand very good the problems comes out from staying with his parents specially when he's married
even if the new couples will have to stay with parents
i am sure they can work things out, if she's any good mother

"Hello? Who here is going to marry an American revert next time?"
what does this have to do with what we are discussing here ~!!!~

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
i think the current generation understand very good the problems comes out from staying with his parents specially when he's married
even if the new couples will have to stay with parents
i am sure they can work things out, if she's any good mother

"Hello? Who here is going to marry an American revert next time?"
what does this have to do with what we are discussing here ~!!!~

Its like conversing with a brick wall. They can never go wrong. [Roll Eyes]

are all Egyptian men this emotionally self-contained?

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
quote:

i am sure you are old enough to understand that every man is different from the other
egypt\western\muslim\christian...etc they are all different from each other.

the question here was about Islamic teaching if it says for a man to leave his wife bcs his mother doesn't go along with the wife
which i already said i didn't hear something like that before
and i think it's not true as long as the wife didn't do anything else wrong.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

i am sure you are old enough to understand that every man is different from the other
egypt\western\muslim\christian...etc they are all different from each other.

the question here was about Islamic teaching if it says for a man to leave his wife bcs his mother doesn't go along with the wife
which i already said i didn't hear something like that before
and i think it's not true as long as the wife didn't do anything else wrong.

Dude that is totally the opposite of the Quranic/Surah passage I was quoting. Sheesh, talk about a brick wall!

No what I am refering to is "divorce the wife, divorce her mother." You don't like your mother in-law as a husband you can divorce his wife and be rid of her instantly.

And Egyptian men, Copt and Muslim alike (Since Copts have adapted many Muslim traditions as time went on) share an emotional bond that resembles more of a marital bond than a Mother and Son bond. So the wife is left out in the cold, so she bonds with her sons in the same manner. If the wife doesn't please the mother-in-law she doesn't have the same recourse that the husband does, she will lose too much.

It would be different if the tradition was to live with the wife's parents and that the father's bond with the daughters in an emotional matrimonial fashion (some western families are actually like this, I have a very strong syndrome of "Daddy's girl" disorder, conductive to "Mamma's Boy" disorder which is all the rage in Egypt).

So basically you intrepreted my argument completely backwards. Which is normal Egyptian/Western communication. BACKWARDS!

Ands is completely subjective "as long as she didn't do anything wrong". What a load of crap. Men are always right and women are always wrong. That is the way.

Which is why I will know better next time and marry an American.

Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
quote:
Dude that is totally the opposite of the Quranic/Surah passage I was quoting. Sheesh, talk about a brick wall!

No what I am refering to is "divorce the wife, divorce her mother." You don't like your mother in-law as a husband you can divorce his wife and be rid of her instantly.

And Egyptian men, Copt and Muslim alike (Since Copts have adapted many Muslim traditions as time went on) share an emotional bond that resembles more of a marital bond than a Mother and Son bond. So the wife is left out in the cold, so she bonds with her sons in the same manner. If the wife doesn't please the mother-in-law she doesn't have the same recourse that the husband does, she will lose too much.

It would be different if the tradition was to live with the wife's parents and that the father's bond with the daughters in an emotional matrimonial fashion (some western families are actually like this, I have a very strong syndrome of "Daddy's girl" disorder, conductive to "Mamma's Boy" disorder which is all the rage in Egypt).

So basically you intrepreted my argument completely backwards. Which is normal Egyptian/Western communication. BACKWARDS!

Ands is completely subjective "as long as she didn't do anything wrong". What a load of crap. Men are always right and women are always wrong. That is the way.

Which is why I will know better next time and marry an American.

yes you are very right and i agree with you
hmmm how come i didn't see it this way, my apologies.

good luck

Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and his family told me that If the husband and his mother cannot get along then he has a right to divorce his wife. As he cannot divorce his mother.

What does a wife have to do wrong for a man not to divorce her? It's a can of worms, In some cases men divorce after a year if she hasn't given him any kids, or after six months if she doesn't do as she's told.

Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
I have been told this and have read it on Islamic websites. Can't remember if it was in the Quran or the Surah.

Here's an overview of the Qur'anic verses on divorce and some brief interpretations.

Divorce

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com