EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » New Abu Ghraib Torture photos in Iraq

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Abu Ghraib Torture photos in Iraq
mysweetcamel
Member # 10187

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for mysweetcamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4715540.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/4716280.stm

sickening!

Posts: 47 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sweetcamel, I'm not saying anything of the kind. The situation at Abu Graib was a violation of the law by a few people. It was taken and used to attempt to smear the United States military and government for political reasons. You did not post the thread because of your concern for the arab prisnors, you posted the thread to attack the United States, lets be honest about that.
We are in a war in Iraq with people who make Abu Graib look like a Sunday picnic. i would be more impressed if you were attacking the terrorists who are killing innocent citizens every day in Iraq and elsewhere

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything you do is just an instance and we need to accept your verbal apology, but if any arab attempt or even walked on a riot against the west or burnt the flag we are barbrians and we are terrorists .. no comment!!
For me a man whom is terrifing a chained man whom is no way to be a threat to him in those chains is just more terrorist than a desprate man whom is trying to make the world to listen to him, at least the other one is threatening his life for something he believe and he think that he will make the world realize him, while the other is just a psychic maniac and both are an individual behaviors ..yet all arabs are terroist and all the west is just a modern man living in Utopia of hell ..no comment

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody's excusing the soldiers' behavior at all. It is sickening beyond belief.

However, a lot of the American perpetrators are now in jail...so if you compare them to the folks rioting and burning embassies, are any of them going to go to jail?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlexLover
Member # 10229

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlexLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:

However, a lot of the American perpetrators are now in jail...so if you compare them to the folks rioting and burning embassies, are any of them going to go to jail?

No

they go to Guoentamo Bay instead .... [Eek!]

Posts: 17 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara7a ra7a
Member # 10232

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara7a ra7a     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asalaam 3alaykom we ra7matullah

Inshaa Allah this finds you all in the best of health and iman..

I myself, come from Australia and it is absolutly disgusting and very sad to see what is happening overseas. I dont agree with this fighting anyway it's been too long now and when I saw the poor men being abused I was in tears..Really Allah I hope will punish these people

we Salaam 3alaykom

--------------------
===========Sana===========
Allah yesallemeku

Posts: 45 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better than them meeting their punishment, I hope they will find their forgiveness.
These people get caught up in the cause, the moment, the fervor, some mental illness. Maybe they were abused as children, and with no opportunity to see where they are wrong, they re-enact the horrors that they've lived. Over-analyzing, sure. But you see this stuff all the time.
What are the suicide bombers thinking?
It is great if we catch and penalize the perpetrators of torture. And remember that the treatment they would get in their own countries would make this look like a tea party. What Saddam's employees did in those prisons will never be spread over the internet. But a few of their bones can be found for the families.
And some have survived to tell the stories, thank God.
I hope these officers get what is coming to them, be it mercy or not.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ K:
No

they go to Guoentamo Bay instead .... [Eek!]

Well, i haven't heard that....they are not seen as a threat to the US so much....more to Europe. My point was, are they being subjected to the rule of law in their own countries??? And if not, why not?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

i find it rather offensive that you can compare such acts [Frown]

those people are sick, and you know it, and where did they learn this from, where are they from, no where but america, where these terrorist are breeding!

Kamal, *bibo* compared them first and I followed through on the analogy. [Roll Eyes]
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
those people are sick, and you know it, and where did they learn this from, where are they from, no where but america, where these terrorist are breeding!

So all those people in Muslim countries who torture and kill learned it from America?

Those who bury people up to their heads and throw rocks on them learned it from America?

Those who stand by cheering and screaming "Allahu Akbar" at executions learned it from America?

Get a grip!!!

www.rawa.org/gallery.html

www.web.amnesty.org/report2005/sau-summary-eng

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snoz. read bibo's post again, please...

Islam gives reasoning.
America plays with its sick fantasy.

The first point of torutre, yes it is most probably from america, it been reported that Amueca and UK send terrorist suspect to arab country for torture treatment and to make confessions.

You could have worded it better, and added the truth on...
people are stoned for commiting illegal crimes...

Not sure about the behading, but if you an in war, and in Iraq they are in war ( i dont know which la-la land you are in ) killing is permissible...

You may think that muslim should stand still and watch their wvies and daughter get raped...
then again your not muslim, what you care ?

your happy as long as islam is being degraded and misrepesented as it seems!

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
quote:

So all those people in Muslim countries who torture and kill learned it from America?

Those who bury people up to their heads and throw rocks on them learned it from America?

Those who stand by cheering and screaming "Allahu Akbar" at executions learned it from America?

Get a grip!!!

www.rawa.org/gallery.html

www.web.amnesty.org/report2005/sau-summary-eng

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:

Wrong. I'm sick and tired of the stereotyping some people do on here and of your constant claims that all Muslims are superior human beings and all Americans are evil.

Atrocities are committed in every war, by all people of all religions and nationality – that was my point.

And FYI – the links I posted don't refer to war situations. Obviously you didn't check them before writing.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Wrong. I'm sick and tired of the stereotyping some people do on here and of your constant claims that all Muslims are superior human beings and all Americans are evil.

And I'm sicker and more tired of propaganda on Muslims are poor, illiterate, evil, etc, and Americans are Superior, rich, friendly, generous, bla bla....

Don't you remember all the BS came out of such people like Morgan and Fran, and others...

when the facts are laid down, like the Debt the western "civilisation" owes to Islam......or when Bush and Laden are compared for their actions....
there nothing you can say!

when people see thing in perspective...they would think again before they wan to say how "badly or uneducated" our women are, or how un-modern and uncivilised we are....or call laden a terrorist...
or show extra sympathy to the holocaust [Frown] [Roll Eyes]

no wonder why those Morgan and Fran have cooled down [Wink]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
And im sicker and more tired of propgagana on muslims are poor, illieterat, evil, etc, and americans are superiour, rich, friendly, genourous, bla bla....

Dont you remember all the BS came out of such people like Morgan and Fran, and others...

So? You were speaking to me, not to Morgan or Fran. Am I to be held responsible for what another individual writes on this board, just because he / she is a Westerner???
quote:
when the facts are laid down, like the Debt the western "civilsatoin" owes to Islam

I couldn't care less about who owes whom what.

People rejoicing at the torture or killing of others is a sick and condemnable act! To me it doesn't matter where and for what reason it's committed, to you it's obviously excusable as long as it's done under the banner of religion.

... Iaqmet al-Had – executions of the law of God – is an almost weekly spectacle after Friday noontime prayer in Saudi Arabia. It's not announced ahead – not even to the person to be executed – so after prayers hopefuls drift across to what's known as 'chop chop square' here in Jeddah, and which could be the court of the main mosque or a square in front of the provincial governor's palace, in the hope of catching the live act. The arrival of police cars, sirens blaring, announces that today, there'll be an execution.

Quickly those already there whip out their cell phones and within minutes the square fills with spectators eager to catch a glimpse of what's to come. Westerners, if there are any, would normally be pushed to the front for a good view. And while in the past they would try to sneak a photo of the event, nowadays police stand facing the crowd to stop them from doing so as the material has been used as propaganda material in the West.

According to eyewitnesses, a person to be executed emerges from a van, usually 'showing no fear' because he's been drugged to lessen resistance and to prevent an emotional performance. Hands tied behind the back and blindfolded, the convict is ordered to squat and, if there is one, place his head on a block. If there is still no pardon from the victim's family, the executioner will tell him or her to recite the Shahada – an affirmation of Muslim faith. Mostly, the convict is too drugged to register what was said to him, never mind speak. Or so they say.

Once in position, the executioner jabs the tip of his scimitar into the accused's lower back so that his head jerks up, and with a mighty blow the lifeline between spine and brain is severed. A doctor checks the dead person's pulse to confirm death (!) and the body and head loaded onto a stretcher and taken away in an ambulance to be buried in an unmarked grave.

Cleaners rush in to hose down the area, though in recent years plastic sheeting has been put down that can be quickly rolled up, sometimes with the body in it, and taken away. Once the deed is done, the news of the death is broadcast on national radio and TV. Onlookers will often shake the hand of the executioner afterwards.

http://www.women24.com/Women24/Escape/Travel/Article/0,7173,1-12-13-37_7786,00.html

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by TheWesternDebt2Islam aka Ki$$ aka K:
So? You were speaking to me, not to Morgan or Fran. Am I to be held responsible for what another individual writes on this board, just because he / she is a Westerner???

Was addressing the public in this public forum....

quote:
I couldn't care less about who owes whom what.

I know that, it is typical of course, of course the Debt can no way be paid off, but at least show some appreciation...
and stop distortin history.... [Frown] how sad cos there is nothing to be proud in in european/western history so they steal/cover up others

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
how sad cos there is nothing to be proud in in european/western history so they steal/cover up others

That's exactly what I meant – You have no clear idea what you're talking about, yet you claim superiority.

Go read up on European history and culture instead of making ridiculous claims. Or, better even, go and read up on Islamic history and ethics, you might learn a thing or two from the way the prophet behaved in conflicts and discussions ...

I personally am very tired of the constant *us against them*, the dividing and stereotyping. I think I've made my point clear and will not continue to debate on this level.
[Smile]

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
That's exactly what I meant – You have no clear idea what you're talking about, yet you claim superiority.

try takin up your own advice once in a while [Smile]

at least I can back it re read this thread what have you got prooud to be exaclty of your history
Nazis [Confused]
Making colonies [Confused]
Salve trade [Confused]
what? [Confused]

enough said.... you can continue the history debate in the dark and middle ages thread in the political board...

I think we were discussing the torture and abuse "freedom and democracy" does..
another addition to the colorful history ... you must be proud [Cool]

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
you can continue the history debate in the dark and middle ages thread in the political board...

I have not started and am not interested in continuing any debate about history, particularly not with people who have very little knowledge on the subject and are only interested in stereotyping and finger pointing instead of learning from the lessons history teaches us.
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
you can continue the history debate in the dark and middle ages thread in the political board...

I have not started and am not interested in continuing any debate about history, particularly not with people who have very little knowledge on the subject and are only interested in stereotyping and finger pointing instead of learning from the lessons history teaches us.
Lol whatever dalia [Roll Eyes]

in other words, you dont want to continue because you dont have anything useful, factual to contribute....

you go on about learning, and i dont know this and that (which if i remember correctly is an *insult* in your books [Roll Eyes] ) why can you not provide or prove anything,,,thats if there is anything..

anyway i'll leave it there, i think that enought for you today [Smile]

daria1975
Member # 6244

K-

Human beings commit atrocities, regardless of culture, religion, nationality, or personal wealth. Humans are violent by nature and only some sort of legal or ethical code (secular or religious) seems to keep people in line. When the secular or religious ethical code breaks down, you have trouble. Which is what we see *everywhere* now. Americans and Muslims alike.

I'm trying really hard to clean up my own backyard. Are you?

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
in other words, you dont want to continue because you dont have anything useful, factual to contribute....

Nice try. [Roll Eyes]

I have repeatedly stated why I won't enter a debate with you, no need to repeat myself.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
K-

Human beings commit atrocities, regardless of culture, religion, nationality, or personal wealth. Humans are violent by nature and only some sort of legal or ethical code (secular or religious) seems to keep people in line. When the secular or religious ethical code breaks down, you have trouble. Which is what we see *everywhere* now. Americans and Muslims alike.

I'm trying really hard to clean up my own backyard. Are you?

im trying to get rid of the thing that cuases all the rubbish in myh backyard

why clean the yard if it will get in a mess again...
thats ineffieceint [Roll Eyes]

Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
No sweetcamel, I'm not saying anything of the kind. The situation at Abu Graib was a violation of the law by a few people. It was taken and used to attempt to smear the United States military and government for political reasons. You did not post the thread because of your concern for the arab prisnors, you posted the thread to attack the United States, lets be honest about that.
We are in a war in Iraq with people who make Abu Graib look like a Sunday picnic. i would be more impressed if you were attacking the terrorists who are killing innocent citizens every day in Iraq and elsewhere

You seem to be right,that is why Sadam is innocent of charges against him;The situation at his time was a violation of the law by a few people in his gang, for that he is innocent just like Americans now in Iraq
Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first saw that movie of Iraqis slaying that American fugitive, they were mentioning Abu Graib many times before they did that brutal act. I did not understand what that prison they are mentioning is. I was wondering what can make a human being and unfortunately Muslims, to slay their fugitives in that cold blooded brutal manner.
But it is now apparent that they were victims of Americans brutality… so can any one imagine him self a survivor of such tortures. For the Arabs, it is better for them to get killed rather than being humiliated and tortured in that mean ways.
So I don’t wonder any more why they kidnap and kill their fugitives….it is pure revenge. What happened to them made them mutate their religion to fit to their pay back.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

yes they go to jail, but I think they had the right to protest .. it is not the first protest on the world that brought violence .. what is it with you people ?!! I don't agree with violence but there were riots about much less important things that turned to violence in the west but no one mentioned that, I have gave an example with the football fans .. I believe what you have in mind is just what media is publishing
Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Atrocities are committed in every war, by all people of all religions and nationality – that was my point.

And FYI – the links I posted don't refer to war situations. Obviously you didn't check them before writing.

Saith whom , dalia we are all people and we can do mistakes there is no difference between west and east, please show where is the streotype and whom write it, I only was replying to horemheb whom is just speaking out of arrogance .. and I am comparing back for his comparison .. that's it .. no steroetype I am sick of mentioning that we are steroetyping we are humans and we have brains I never write anything except I think about first and sometimes I can be wrong but I am willing to admit whan I am wrong that I was . and I have no problem to aplogize for my mistakes .. no one is perfect
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
people can you read my posts carefully I said that both behaviors are individual .. people are not the same I can't say that all europe are psychic and I can't say that all the arabs are barbrians .. it is individual behavior I am sick of the double standards only .. you always generalize our behavior while yours is just a mistake and I can figure why is that, because people think so I have also some genralization upon the behavior of the west and I may be wrong, and I think I am, but this is natural I think ..
that's it

dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Kamal, *bibo* compared them first and I followed through on the analogy. [Roll Eyes]
whom is kamal I never saw his posts
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by bibo1978:
no steroetype I am sick of mentioning that we are steroetyping we are humans and we have brains I never write anything except I think about first and sometimes I can be wrong but I am willing to admit whan I am wrong that I was . and I have no problem to aplogize for my mistakes .. no one is perfect

I was mainly referring to Kamal. I think you sometimes stereotype, too, [Wink] but you don't constantly claim that every Westerner is brainwashed, stupid and has no moral conscience whereas every Muslim walking the earth is an example of righteousness.
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

whom is kamal I never saw his posts
That's MEeeeeEE [Big Grin]
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
no steroetype I am sick of mentioning that we are steroetyping we are humans and we have brains I never write anything except I think about first and sometimes I can be wrong but I am willing to admit whan I am wrong that I was . and I have no problem to aplogize for my mistakes .. no one is perfect

I was mainly referring to Kamal. I think you sometimes stereotype, too, [Wink] but you don't constantly claim that every Westerner is brainwashed, stupid and has no moral conscience whereas every Muslim walking the earth is an example of righteousness.
Dont be silly dalia, who can anyone claim that a certain nationality, group, have the same charactersitc....

everyone is an individual...

however, generalizatoin can be made, mainly for the majority...or for their purpose...

let me give you a simple example:

most "westerners" are brainwashed, simply becuase their attachment to bias media - they only ever hear one side....

for example did you ever know that the "independent park" in jeurselum, palestine is acatully build on a very well-known MUSLIM GRAVEYARD!!!!

and now they want to built a "Musuem of tolereance" in the midddle of this graaveyard (which is as big as Al Azhar university, it is massive)

but of course you, as a simply westerner who only ever can listen to zionsiet news, most probably heard "the musuem of tolerance in juersulem is being built in the middle of the Independence Park"

dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Dalia .. you too stereotype ..
I truely write what I think is right, surely I can be mistaken sometime, I don't claim I am superior, and I am not embodied to some idea but I usually write what I think is right and I saw some of the examples I write about and I am not usually addressing all of the people of the west and sometimes I am not addressing all the people in the forum, usually I am only replying to someone's claim .. trying to figure out the truth and show out my opnion .. due think this is stereotyping ?

dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

In fact most of the europian have many morals we don't have in the arabic world, but this morals are all addressed in Islam, however unfortunately most of muslims don't do the islamic preaches.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
most "westerners" are brainwashed, simply becuase their attachment to bias media - they only ever hear one side....

That's what I meant. A sweeping generalization like this can never be correct. I doubt that you have been to all European countries and the States and talked to all people there, so your statement is not based on actual facts but prejudice.

We have been at this point before, Kamal when we were discussing Western media and brainwashing, I think in one of the holocaust threads. I raised several important points that you failed to answer or address!

I gave you some examples about the German media but although you have no first hand knowledge whatsoever you insisted on knowing better than me what the German media says. That's when I decided not to get into a detailed debate with you ever again – how can I have a serious discussion if the other person tells me what I've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears is not true although he has no way of veryfying it?!?

quote:
for example did you ever know that the "independent park" in jeurselum, palestine is acatully build on a very well-known MUSLIM GRAVEYARD!!!!

and now they want to built a "Musuem of tolereance" in the midddle of this graaveyard (which is as big as Al Azhar university, it is massive)

but of course you, as a simply westerner who only ever can listen to zionsiet news, most probably heard "the musuem of tolerance in juersulem is being built in the middle of the Independence Park"

Not sure what you mean by *a simple Westerner* – I assume it's yet another attempt to refer to my supposedly limited intellectual capacity. Go ahead insulting me and calling me stupid if it makes you feel better or superior, but don't go around at the same time claiming what a good Muslim and what a righteous peron you are – your conduct on this board speaks a different language altogether.

I don't know why you seem to think this piece of information would not be covered by the Western media. I suggest you check your facts first before making such assumptions ...

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=11155974

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article344233.ece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4721336.stm

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/row-over-siting-of-tolerance-museum/2006/02/08/1139379571595.html

http://www.wgms.com/index.php?nid=65&sid=340317

http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2006/02/08/1139379571595.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/row-over-siting-of-tolerance-museum/2006/02/08/1139379571595.html

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/inquirer/news/nation/13873699.htm?source=rss&channel=inquirer_nation

http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/newscontent.php3?artid=12070

http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/inquirer/news/nation/13873699.htm?source=rss&channel=inquirer_nation

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0602100194feb10,1,4874880.story?track=rss

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-museum1206feb12,0,7613966.story?track=rss

http://www.dradio.de/dlf/sendungen/kulturheute/456107/

http://volksgruppen.orf.at/diversity/stories/46147/

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
what so different about german media [Confused]

dont you get it? it all the same all across the western world...

most media companies are owned by few owners...
these few owners have similiar agendas...
and in link with that they have similiar veiws to goverment and so on...

there is the genereal population, and there is you
not everyone is bothered to do a search and find specific news...

do you think such news will reach headlins, or even a full page article....on printed broadsheet newspaper, that are acceciable to a larger audience than the internet.

for example, in british theer was a peaceful rally of over 40,000 people regarding the muslim afair and so on...

did that reach any headlines in UK ...no..
i wud be supired if it did in germany [Confused] [Eek!]

what is your point ... [Confused]
my point is that the media, the "western " goverment (not necceasealy the poeple" are all agaisnt muslim ...
are you arguing against this [Confused]

my other point is the media/goverment are trying to get the larger general population to support their idea....= the simple westerners....
if that is, or is not you, i dont know....but im generalasing here [Roll Eyes] for the general population...i cant speak for the million or so individual...

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
not everyone is bothered to do a search and find specific news...

do you think such news will reach headlins, or even a full page article....on printed broadsheet newspaper, that are acceciable to a larger audience than the internet.

I purposefully did not post links to blogs and alternative news sources. Most links I gave are for major newspapers and radio stations, those articles have appeared in print or have been broadcasted and have been available to the general public. You can verify this for yourself.

quote:
for example, in british theer was a peaceful rally of over 40,000 people regarding the muslim afair and so on...

did that reach any headlines in UK ...no..
i wud be supired if it did in germany [Confused] [Eek!]

I am not following the news in the UK closely. As for Germany – there are countless articles, discussions and reports about all sides of the conflict in all major newspapers and magazines and lots of them are objective and level-headed.
I just followed a discussion about the cartoon case on one of our major TV stations last night, most of those participating agreed on the fact that the overall response of Muslims in Germany has been appropriate and respectful.

quote:
what is your point ... [Confused]
my point is that the media, the "western " goverment (not necceasealy the poeple" are all agaisnt muslim ...

are you arguing against this [Confused]

I know that has been your point all along and my point has been that this is a generalization because it opposes my personal observations.
Yes, I am arguing against this because I don't find this generalization to be true. Of course you will go ahead now and tell me that I'm lying and that my observations are wrong ... as usual.

http://www.goethe.de/ges/pok/prj/mig/enindex.htm

www.qantara.de/webcom/show_link.php/_c-453/i.html

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kiss,
I agree with you about the media treatment of moslems, at least in the US.
It isn't so much that they are against the moslems, but they definitely don't want to give them any good press.
It shows up in "lifestyle" sections, too. Even in the larger cities where more moslems live, the media does not usually cover lifestyle issues pertaining to moslems.
There is little, if any, coverage of Ramadan with its extensive fasting and generosity. Meanwhile every paper in the country will cover a single day of Jewish "sacrifice," in which they fast. Recipes fill the pages for Hannukah, almost outdoing the coverage of Christian Christmas, but there is no mention of the Eid al-Fitr or how moslems share meals in the mosques.
We seem to like to print stories about the possible connections of this Imam or that with fundamentalists in other countries, as well we should, but there is very little positive press.
Interestingly, in Boston the media, driven by Jewish business organizations have basically stopped the largest mosque on the East Coast from being completed. The city sold the land, on Malcolm X Boulevard, in a pretty tough neighborhood, for less than it was worth. So Jewish business leaders are suing. The media loves that story, and the huge brick mosque sits empty.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jews have been a part of western culture for a very long time. For the most part Jews are seen in a positive light. Muslims, on the other hand, have gone out of their way to create bad PR in the west, most especially in America. Twenty five or thirty years of terrorism and associated fundamentalist, extremist politics, social views unacceptable in the west, unwillingness to make a reasonablle peace in Palestine, nutty behavior (such as the recent cartoon riots) have all contributed to the negative image discussed in this thread.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Fundamentalism isn't always a bad thing, it just depends on the type.
I think the Amish are rather fantastic, they make great cheese and keep old ways of doing things alive. Their tight breeding has resulted in some genetic problems, but other than that I don't see anyone having problems with them.
They don't raise, glamorize or support suicide bombings, so that probably helps their image.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Hey Kiss,
I agree with you about the media treatment of moslems, at least in the US.
It isn't so much that they are against the moslems, but they definitely don't want to give them any good press.

Why not give them ang good press?

this relationship goes far back in history....
maybe from the time the jews got jelous that prphet SAWS came to the muslims and not from their own kind....
many jews at the time testifed he SAWS was the true and last Prophet .....

=================================================

quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
[QB] For the most part Jews are seen in a positive light. Muslims, on the other hand, have gone out of their way to create bad PR in the west, most especially in America.

funny how you put this...

let analysis some of the thing you said ( i know you wont benfit anything from it, but others may):

quote:

Twenty five or thirty years of terrorism and associated fundamentalist,

dont you think some jews are extremeits, with they long curly side-burns and their black under-taker dresses, or robes....

quote:
extremist politics, social views unacceptable in the west,

what about the zionist?
they are jews, with very extreme views...

quote:
unwillingness to make a reasonablle peace in Palestine,
not only are palestein entitled to that land....but the amount of military power isreali have, do you think it fair what they are doing.....

funny how you say palestoin unwilling to make peace..
do you really think the jews want peace?
bulldozing houses...improsions men
scaring womenand children.....building museums and parks on top of grave yards...

quote:
nutty behavior (such as the recent cartoon riots) have all contributed to the negative image discussed in this thread. ]
and it was done by zionist associated newspaper, who started all this....

now...
quote:

For the most part Jews are seen in a positive light.

they sure have, but people like you are too daft to realise the real story....

you only accept the face value, what these zionist teach you....

this is a war that goes way back, and wont end till Day of Judgement... you should read on this...

can you tell me which species of trees are most commonly planted these day in "isreal" [Confused]

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
olives?
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
or, wait, it's that tree someone is supposed to hide behind? Thew Jewish people are supposed to hide behind it?
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
lol.

you spoiled the surprise [Roll Eyes]

that tree is grown quite commmonly in isreal now...
i couldnt find it an the net....

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com