EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Women In the Eyes of Islamic Law

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Women In the Eyes of Islamic Law
Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women In the Eyes of Islamic Law

"Narrated Abu Sai’id Al-Khudri: The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of the woman’s mind." Bukhari vol.3 no.826 p.502.

The Qur’an in Sura 2:282 says, "…And get two witnesses, Out of your own men. And if there are not two men, Then a man and two women, Such as ye choose, For witnesses, So that if one of them errs, The other can remind her…."

Dr. Badawi on p.34-35 acknowledges this, but also quotes Sura 24:6-9 which gives both husband and wife equal weight on charges of infidelity of the wife. Dr. Badawi says Sura 2:282 applies to only commercial transactions, and Sura 24:6-9 applies to everything else. However, it would be just as reasonable for all the other Muslim scholars to say Sura 24:6-9 applies to only infidelity cases, and Sura 2:282 applies to everything else.

Regardless of Badawi’s novel interpretation, all should agree that since the vast majority of Muslims who practice Sharia have used the same interpretation here, either

a) Allah failed to communicate what he intended

b) Badawi is right and the Muslim consensus has misunderstood Allah’s wishes all these centuries

c) Otherwise Dr. Badawi is wrong.

So if a Muslim man were to rape a Muslim woman, the man’s word would count twice as much as the woman’s. The word of a non-Muslim does not count at all in a court of law against a Muslim. Muslim man rapes a non-Muslim woman, even if a second non-Muslim woman is present, his word (that he did not do it) would count equal to the word of both of them.

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan said in an annual report that one woman is raped every three hours in Pakistan. Even worse, 72% of all women in police custody in Pakistan are physically and sexually abused. The Woman’s Action Forum says that 75% of all women in jail are under the charge of "zina" (fornication). It was never stated how many men, if any, were in jail for that. See Why I Am Not A Muslim p.324 for information and examples.

Freeing from slavery one Muslim man or two Muslim women frees one from Hell fire. Ibn-i-Majah vol.3 no.2522 p.509.

Wise women are mentioned in the Old Testament in 2 Samuel 14:2; 20:16-22. The virtuous wife speaks with wisdom in Proverbs 31:26. Of course what if you are not wise? Psalm 19:7 says that God makes wise the simple. This does not necessarily mean they will necessarily be wise in worldly knowledge, but wise in the wisdom of God.

Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that something?
Posts: 226 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have time to go over your claim, I got an idea already about your claims.

but you compare:

THE REASON BEHIND PAINS OF DELIVERY

[Gen 3:16]
God said to Eve when she tempted Adam, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing, in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband and he shall rule over you.

MENSES IN THE BIBLE

[Levi. 15:19]
When a woman has a discharge of blood which in her regular discharge from her body, she shall be apart seven days. And WHOSOEVER TOUCHES HER SHALL BE UNCLEAN until the evening. And every thing that she lies upon in her SEPARATION shall be unclean. Every thing also that SHE SITS UPON SHALL BE UNCLEAN. And whosoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening. And whosoever touches anything THAT SHE SAT UPON SHALL WASH HIS CLOTHES, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening.

And if it be on her bed, or any thing whereon she sits when he touches it: he SHALL BE UNCLEAN UNTIL THE EVENING. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him: he shall be unclean seven days, and all the bed WHEREON SHE LIES SHALL BE UNCLEAN.

And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her SEPARATION: All the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her SEPARATION, she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lies all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her SEPARATION, and whatsoever she sits upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her SEPARATION.

And WHOSOEVER TOUCHES THOSE THINGS SHALL BE UNCLEAN and shall wash his clothes and bathes himself in water, and he BE UNCLEAN UNTIL THE EVENING. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest to the door of the meeting tent.

[Levi. 12:2]
If a woman conceives, and bears a MALE CHILD, then she shall be unclean seven days.. But if she bears a FEMALE CHILD then she shall be unclean two weeks.

WOMAN IS NOT THE GLORY OF GOD

[1 Corin. 11:7]
For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man, for man was not made for woman, but woman from man, neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

REMAIN SILENCE!

[1 Tim 2:11-14]
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

SILENCE IN CHURCHES

[1 Corin 14:34]
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to
speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

WOMAN IS EVIL !

[Zech. 5:7]
The leaden cover was lifted, there was a woman sitting, and he (the angel) said: this is wickedness.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
ur weak, you can't answer me. The name of this topic is :Women In the Eyes of Islamic Law<<<Not Christian law...

you want to post about Christian law, go ahead start a topic, here we are talking about >>> Women In the Eyes of Islamic Law, if you can't answer "my claims" then read and learn [Smile]

elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elkadi80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, am not week, you are just Boring person, you keep bringing the same issues for 1000's of times. go back last week you will find the same topic, you just wann a flood the board with you sick claims, and if I have to go over every post you post I'll be even more sick than you.
Posts: 407 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good answer elkadi [Smile]
Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I've never felt more respected than when I converted to Islam. I have never felt less than anyone or oppressed, I love to wear hijab and I love to pray 5 times a day to God. My husband is honest, fair and sensitive, he always listens to me and values my opinions. He would never let anyone treat me as less than my worth and because of this I feel more freedom now than ever.

So while you're championing to defend women in Islam Josh, even though you have other posts blasting Islam, I am a Muslim woman here to say to you and others that your ideas (which are only read and taken out of context) are ridiclous and sad. Thanks for championing on my behalf but I'm quite happy where I am, as most every sister I know is.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Josh. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
speak in behalf of urself, leave others alone.

you are no body to represent them.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said that, if you actually READ what people say to you (other than cutting and pasting all of the time) you would understand what the message is that is trying to be conveyed. I said I I I.
I represent women of my like as a whole, I am a member of the group you are trying so desperately to defend. If I don't have a voice as a member, who does? I mean, you wouldn't want to take away my voice, right? That would be so oppressive of you! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh, You are one of the few people in this forum with sense.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taher
Member # 10503

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Taher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Josh, I'm a Muslim woman and Smuckers has the right idea. Who are you to tell us about ourselves? You're not a Muslim and you're not a woman, so shut-up already and worry about Christian men, or whatever religion you are.
Posts: 166 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh, Don't you get tired of being attacked, boy I do.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I'm leaving, you can't win here.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Good. I won. [Big Grin]
(kidding)

Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
Taher, you should thank me, Im opening your eyes
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Egypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh, open your christian sisters' eyes [Smile]
===========================================
THE REASON BEHIND PAINS OF DELIVERY

[Gen 3:16]
God said to Eve when she tempted Adam, "I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing, in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband and he shall rule over you.

MENSES IN THE BIBLE

[Levi. 15:19]
When a woman has a discharge of blood which in her regular discharge from her body, she shall be apart seven days. And WHOSOEVER TOUCHES HER SHALL BE UNCLEAN until the evening. And every thing that she lies upon in her SEPARATION shall be unclean. Every thing also that SHE SITS UPON SHALL BE UNCLEAN. And whosoever touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening. And whosoever touches anything THAT SHE SAT UPON SHALL WASH HIS CLOTHES, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening.

And if it be on her bed, or any thing whereon she sits when he touches it: he SHALL BE UNCLEAN UNTIL THE EVENING. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him: he shall be unclean seven days, and all the bed WHEREON SHE LIES SHALL BE UNCLEAN.

And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her SEPARATION: All the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her SEPARATION, she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lies all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her SEPARATION, and whatsoever she sits upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her SEPARATION.

And WHOSOEVER TOUCHES THOSE THINGS SHALL BE UNCLEAN and shall wash his clothes and bathes himself in water, and he BE UNCLEAN UNTIL THE EVENING. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest to the door of the meeting tent.

[Levi. 12:2]
If a woman conceives, and bears a MALE CHILD, then she shall be unclean seven days.. But if she bears a FEMALE CHILD then she shall be unclean two weeks.

WOMAN IS NOT THE GLORY OF GOD

[1 Corin. 11:7]
For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man, for man was not made for woman, but woman from man, neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

REMAIN SILENCE!

[1 Tim 2:11-14]
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

SILENCE IN CHURCHES

[1 Corin 14:34]
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to
speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

WOMAN IS EVIL !

[Zech. 5:7]
The leaden cover was lifted, there was a woman sitting, and he (the angel) said: this is wickedness.

Posts: 1201 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and they all lived happily ever after....

the end.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I think that law is really unfair and they should not let a muslim get away with that.
Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
They don't in the west, Jails are full with them.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I think the muslims in Pakistan who rape women ought to be killed. Rapists should get the death penalty.
elkadi80
Member # 4530

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by concernedforwomen:
I think the muslims in Pakistan who rape women ought to be killed. Rapists should get the death penalty.

Exactly, and thats what Islam say.
you see, now you started to understand Islam [Wink]

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I don't really understand everything about Islam.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
I do think that they need to look closer at the Koran to see how women really should be treated, then.
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
quote:
I do think that they need to look closer at the Koran to see how women really should be treated, then.

if they do justly look at the Quran to see how women are treated the will find out that the Quran is the best book who order muslims to treat women fairly and the only Book who give rights to women such as inheritance. but if they do the same with the bible , they will find out it is the only Book who order to kill women and childrens and give no right to women. I wont begin to post the verses that talks about killing women as I have posted it before but anyone would post me a verse the talks about women's inheritance in the bible ?
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Mr.Egypt, I don't recall the bible mentioning women having no rights and killing children. Now, if you mention abraham sacrificing Issac, maybe that's what you mean.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
They don't in the west, Jails are full with them.

lol hardly. They're full of repeat offenders, the cornerstone of Western soceity. [Roll Eyes]
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
quote:
Mr.Egypt, I don't recall the bible mentioning women having no rights and killing children. Now, if you mention abraham sacrificing Issac, maybe that's what you mean.

you didnt read these verses in the bible ?

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

1 Samuel 15:2-4
This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.' "
So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim—two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men from Judah.

as to women rights, what is their rights in inheritance ?

Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
they don't have to inherit anything, just don't beat them and sexually abuse them in the name of God. [Smile]
Mr Egypt
Member # 10436

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Josh:
they don't have to inherit anything, just don't beat them and sexually abuse them in the name of God. [Smile]

so you fail to provide this right of women from the bible ?

nevermind, what's their right of education in the bible ?

Josh
Member # 10606

Rate Member
You idiot Islam gives the man twice as the woman, what rights are you talking about [Smile]

I think they will be super happy to just not marry another 3 on them and don't do Orfy contracts for 3 hours and rip the paper off after having sex [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com