EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » destiny

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: destiny
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 5 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On one Romanian muslim forum someone ask a question: "If we came with our destiny already write on this world why should do some effort for making everything good?".

What you think? Please give the argumentation for the answer...may be some hadith or something.

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps your destiny is to put fourth the effort.

[Wink]
Perhaps it is to ask this question, assume you don't have to and not put fourth the effort. ~

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont believe in this destiny claptrap.

I think that we were created and it is our choice which path we take.

Destiny is the decisions we make and the outcome.
Obviously some things we have no control over and we are judged on the best decisions we can make taking into account the hardships, and obstacles put n our way.

I dont believe our lives are all mapped out minute by minute. That way we then have no control in decisions. There would be no need then for ur existence.
I do believe though that our creator decided when we areborn and when we should die, but the rest is mainly up to our judgement and decisions.

Samakwish dont have an ecoplasm readng this will you! [Razz]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There exists a difference between al-Qudrah and al-Iraadah. Al-Qudrah is the power of action or saying or thinking while iradah is the power of choice.

Everything in this life confronts us with alternatives. In sociology, rationalization is when we think, weigh the alternatives then decides on what to do. In the area of religion this is called reasoning which i believe has the same meaning as rationality. According to Islam, human beings are not completely masters of their fates, nor are they puppets subject to the hazards of destiny.

Many also believe that only the major events in one's life are pre determined like birth and death and for example you cant change your destiny of being born to poor parents or to smart ones, but once any of us has a free will we do control the minor steps leading to a particular major event.

The problem really is in some people's perception of what destiny is. People who certainly do nothing and completely sit down doing nothing being slaves to their destiny, what so ever happens they blame it on destiny have no clear understanding of what destiny is. That sort of behaviour psychologically would be termed " displacement". This is different than when you try and work hard but at the end you didnt achieve your goal which could be due to some defects you were not aware of or some falacies you didnt know about, or simply cause it didnt work out which could be destined to be then but again is a good fertile field for further knowledge to learn of your mistakes.

Nice topic really to talk about but certainly a human being isnt always in full control of his fate and thats why we should always seek allahs guidance.

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who is the most truthful (of the human beings) and his being truthful (is a fact) said: Verily your creation is on this wise. The constituents of one of you are collected for forty days in his mother's womb in the form of blood, after which it becomes a clot of blood in another period of forty days. Then it becomes a lump of flesh and forty days later Allah sends His angel to it with instructions concerning four things, so the angel writes down his livelihood, his death, his deeds, his fortune and misfortune. By Him, besides Whom there is no god, that one amongst you acts like the people deserving Paradise until between him and Paradise there remains but the distance of a cubit, when suddenly the writing of destiny overcomes him and he begins to act like the denizens of Hell and thus enters Hell, and another one acts in the way of the denizens of Hell, until there remains between him and Hell a distance of a cubit that the writing of destiny overcomes him and then he begins to act like the people of Paradise and enters Paradise.
Narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim.

'Ali reported that one day Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was sitting with a wood in his hand and he was scratching the ground. He raised his head and said: There is not one amongst you who has not been allotted his seat in Paradise or Hell. They said: Allah's Messenger. then, why should we perform good deeds, why not depend upon our destiny? Thereupon he said. No, do perform good deeds, for everyone is facilitated in that for which he has been created; then he recited this verse:" Then, who gives to the needy and guards against evil and accepts the excellent (the truth of Islam and the path of righteousness it prescribes), We shall make easy for him the easy end..." (xcii. 5-10)

what is the meaning of these two hadiths?

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kalos
Member # 14382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kalos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The meaning of these two Hadiths?

They are clearly meaningless and no rational human being can take them seriosuly.

What kind of a God would presdestine a child to die of starvation while another is obese through overdoisng on McD's and watching MTV all day.

Free will - choice ..that is what makes sense not the claptrap above.

Mankind in general are abusing their free will and will be called to account - greed and mismanagement of Earths resources cause children to die needlessly..along with a host of other injustices.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kalos:
The meaning of these two Hadiths?

They are clearly meaningless and no rational human being can take them seriosuly.

What kind of a God would presdestine a child to die of starvation while another is obese through overdoisng on McD's and watching MTV all day.

Free will - choice ..that is what makes sense not the claptrap above.

Mankind in general are abusing their free will and will be called to account - greed and mismanagement of Earths resources cause children to die needlessly..along with a host of other injustices.

If you can't answer to my question I don't care what you think.
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that some certain points in our lives are the things what we can call as our destiny.
Like birth & death dates, person(s) we got married and some certain things in our lives...
Other things are changeable maybe.
If we think that everything is because of our fate, we can loose our belief for praying.
We may ask that who could change his/her fate by praying, by duas.

Sometimes I think about the connection between luck and fate.
Is the luck what we call as fate?
I am not talking about the lottery games when mentioning luck.
I mean, are being borned with some good abilities, being clever, enthusiasm for studying and working etc.. the gifts given by Allah to some people?

A medical proffessor in Turkey has money and carisma. Why?? Because he studied and worked a lot. So who made him that much clever and eager for studying? Of course it is Allah.
So is it also a good fate??

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barryrob
Member # 14915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barryrob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humans are in charge of their own destiny.

All Humans will choose for God or against him, each with its own results.

Posts: 370 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
I believe that some certain points in our lives are the things what we can call as our destiny.
Like birth & death dates, person(s) we got married and some certain things in our lives...
Other things are changeable maybe.
If we think that everything is because of our fate, we can loose our belief for praying.
We may ask that who could change his/her fate by praying, by duas.

Sometimes I think about the connection between luck and fate.
Is the luck what we call as fate?
I am not talking about the lottery games when mentioning luck.
I mean, are being borned with some good abilities, being clever, enthusiasm for studying and working etc.. the gifts given by Allah to some people?

A medical proffessor in Turkey has money and carisma. Why?? Because he studied and worked a lot. So who made him that much clever and eager for studying? Of course it is Allah.
So is it also a good fate??

Being born is not our personal destiny, but the result of a choice our parents have made. Death can also be a result of choices we have made.

I think it's not destiny that I've met somebody I would marry later, but again, it is a result of a choice I've made myself. When I wouldn't be 'open' to him that time, he probably would have saved energy, so also it's a result of a choice he has made...

There are people being borned with talents and gifts, and the spoil them, end up in poverty, perhaps...it is a result of what they did themselves, they chosed to not use their chances...
There are people being borned with disabilities, even by poor people. And sometimes even that kind of people are happy in their lives, so they chose to be happy...

We always have a choice...

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com