EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » spiritual faith ; enlightenment etc (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: spiritual faith ; enlightenment etc
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive always been a little envious of anyone who has a faith they can believe in and it helps and supports them

I dont seem to be able to find any .........

ive read books etc .... recite a few prayers every now and then

(esp when flying on a turbulent plane, I'm silently repeating the Lords Prayer over and over again)

but seriously, I wouldnt mind knowing what's Gods plan for me, if there is a plan

??

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dawn, Boy you have opened the door wide open. I bet you get swamped with the "truth". Of course everyone think theirs is the only truth.

If you want to check in the Bible I suggest you start here: John - Chapter 3

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn-Bev*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Leap and the net will appear"

I'd be so scared of the net not appearing - what happens if you dont make that leap?

Posts: 712 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you get on an airplane do you look at the pilots qualifications, examine the flight plan, check out the motor of the plane, or are anyway active in the pursuit to reach your destination?

No, you buy a ticket and sit inside a metal tube, expecting it to fly in the air, till it reaches your destination.

Quite a leap, don't you think?

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn-Bev*:
ive always been a little envious of anyone who has a faith they can believe in and it helps and supports them

I dont seem to be able to find any .........

Maybe you just need to find your own way to spirituality without any label attached, or belonging to a particular group. [Smile]

What have you explored so far and liked or disliked?

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn, you pray and have faith there is someone on the other end to listen, 'tis a fine place to start [Wink]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
I never thought of the 'leap' that way - interesting
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought the leap was related to an NBA thing [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
lately, ive been reading

The Essential Rumi

Buddhism without beliefs: a contemporary guide to awakening

Islam: a very short introduction by Malise Ruthven

and my very old bible, which is the only old testament, but its in english on one side, and in hebrew on the other page (bought in Tel Aviv many years ago)

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
I never thought of the 'leap' that way - interesting

Dawn, The Bible says that you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

I believe that man searches for a way to explain what he cannot understand, thus the birth of religion. But the truth goes beyond religion. Religion is mans way to try and explain God. It consists of rules and regulations. Do this and you are good or do that and you are bad.

Jesus went beyond religion and taught the truth. Look at his life. He loved his enemies, healed the sick, forgave the sinner, raised the dead, and loved the children.

Love is the fulfilling of the law. Love is the truth. You can find the truth in other writings but Jesus is the manifestation of it.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had the same feeling. i dont feel like i belong when i use to go to a church. i feel asleep and even bored wondering y theses people even bother. i am not a follower i am my own leader. what god wants to happen is gonna happen no man that i follow will save my soul.no get me forgiven. i believe what i believe and dont take to anyones suggestions.i am hard headed and do not follow any 1 religion. one day when u want to believ in a religion then that is what u believe if u do not join any then that is fine too. cas only god knows what is in store for ur soul...one example i dont do religions is... lets say u join a church and one day they think the earth will come to an end and decide to have mass suicide. would u also kill yr self which is a sin in its own self? or some crazy terrorist in yr clan wants you to bomb a plane cas god told them nuts to do it.. come on people. its not about religion its about what u as a person thinks and believes. not them crazy ass nuts out there want u to do for their nutty thinking...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
yes, its the rules and regulations of organised religions that I have a problem with : its a bit like a childrens playground, i.e. you cant join their gang unless you do A , B and C, and dont do D E and F etc

I want to know how we / it all began?

I want to know if we evolved or were created?

I want to know where the universe starts and ends, and whats beyond it?

I want to know what happens when you die?

but, with the issue of 'forgiving the sinner' - I dont know, I couldnt forigive a serious sin, such as murder, torture, child abuse etc

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn-Bev

What you said about murder and child abuse is the truth.

I find it really hard to forgive people who do these things. It's almost as if these people think that God doesn't see what they are doing.

Anyways here is some verses that I think you should read. Psalm 23, Matthew 5, Psalm 37

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What you said about murder and child abuse is the truth.

I find it really hard to forgive people who do these things. It's almost as if these people think that God doesn't see what they are doing.

But if they believe in Jesus its ok as he died for their sins they are committing, right??

why matt 5 King?

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Dawn, have a look at this, might help with your universe question

http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1.htm

--------------------

of_gold
Member # 13418

I have a problem with it too Dawn.

Look we can't know it all now.
quote:
1Cr 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
As far as if we evolved or were created I can give you my view and then you can form your own. "Seek and you shall find." [Smile]

I believe in a higher power that we has humans cannot fully comprehend. Naturally, because of this, I think we were created but I also acknowledge that every living thing evolves.

For instance take two single cell organism, a sperm, and an egg. They join together and create a multicell organism / human life. The sperm and egg evolved into human life. That is without question evolution. A tree evolves from a seed into a tree, and so on.

Now whether we evolve from an ape I don't know. I do know that the evidence shows that homo sapien sapien was the first man to worship a God. To me that man is Adam, who God breathed the breath of life into and he became a living soul. I believe that Adam was the first man with a soul.

Did God form man from the dust of the Earth, of course. We are dust. You can find the carbon chemicals that make up a human body in a chemistry lab, but can we create a man. No (darn-it [Wink] ), Man is animated. The compounds alone do not have life.

IMHO, We are not the flesh that you see walking around. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. Jesus came to teach us this. The way he explained it so that our simple minds could grasp it was to teach us the law and then bring us to grace. Because the law is all about cleaning up the flesh and grace is about cleaning the heart and walking in the spirit.

Jesus showed how inefficient the law is. For example:

quote:

Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart...

Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

...and:
quote:

Jam 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Jam 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.

I didn't post all of it, but you get the drift. The law is ordinances.

quote:

Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Notice how it says that these things have a show of wisdom "in will worship and humility, and neglecting the body" (talking about the physical body). In other words the person who tries to live by the law is willing to do good. The problem with the law is that everyone breaks it. NO ONE does good all of the time.

We are all guilty of breaking the law. We all sin and the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now, if you are constantly focused on the law then you are focused on the flesh and what ever you focus on becomes stronger.

A good analogy is the difference between the law and grace is like the difference between a city dog and a country dog.

The city dog is confined to a small space. He stays with his master because he has no choice but if ever the gate is open and he gets out he runs. When his master goes after him he runs faster. So you see the dog running down the street with the master chasing behind him.

Now the country dog has wide open spaces. He is free to roam at will, yet, he sits at his masters door step.

I'm sure you see how what you are forbidden to have seems more desirable.

There is an example in another thread that talks about sexual harassment in Egypt. From my perspective, the separation of the sexes, and hiding women from men makes the woman even more desirable. In my country we walk around in shorts and tanks with no harassment but they say in Egypt where many of the woman are covered head to toe the harassment can be unbearable for a woman.

The Bible says that God is a spirit and those that worship God should worship in spirit and in truth.

quote:
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Gal 5:16 [This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law....

...Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

quote:
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, [even] in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

(sorry about the long post)

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Of_gold, sorry but you got me totally confused on a few points in your post.

I wont go into it here as this is Dawns thread for enlightenment and I dont want to bugger it up, so I will have a think how to word what I mean somewhere else [Big Grin]

--------------------

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unfinished thought.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
but, with the issue of 'forgiving the sinner' - I dont know, I couldnt forigive a serious sin, such as murder, torture, child abuse etc

They say that setting yourself free requires setting others free first. Resentment is really a form of attachment! There is truth in the idea that it takes two to make a prisoner (the prisoner and the jailer). The theory is that the jailer is as much a prisoner as his captor.

When you hold resentment against anyone, you are bound to that person by a mental chain. That means we are tied to the very thing that we hate. The very person we dislike the most in the world is who we are attaching ourselves to by a hook stronger than steel. Is this how we want to live?

If we persist in linking ourselves to the people we resent, we are inviting further stress and frustration into our lives. Can anyone afford such a thing?

Amish Grace: How Forgiveness Transcended Tragedy How can the Amish forgive what seems unforgivable?

The Amish believe, this is about following Jesus, about doing what Jesus said, what Christ taught in the Lord's Prayer, which is a central text for the Amish: "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." The Amish believe that the act of forgiving wipes away feelings of revenge and hate.

Posts: 3773 | From: unfinished thought | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Taking Offense
You take offense.
Refuse to forgive.
You’re seduced by,
the Devil’s bait.
How can I forgive,
if you refuse to forgive?
So sanctimonious,
you refuse to admit,
you sin by failing,
to forgive.
Offended,
you turn from Me.

Your soul hates,
stores up anger.
Anger corrodes,
spiritual connection.
Forgive those,
who don’t know,
they’ve caused pain,
so you can be healed.
Don’t seek revenge.
Forgive & be healed.
Forgive & let,
My grace flow.
(Ephesians 4: 1-8)

A book that is very helpful in understanding forgiveness is by Debbie Morris. She was a victim of the man who was the central focus of dead man walking. Robert Willie (the man portrayed in the movie by Sean Penn), raped her, and killed her boyfriend. She testified against him. Willie threatened that if he ever got out, he would kill her. On the night he was executed, Morris forgave him. In her book, on page 173, she writes about forgiving the killer on his execution night.

"With that prayer pronouncing my forgiveness of Robert Willie, I gained an emotional release, a sense of freedom I don't know how to describe. Somehow it cut me loose from the control Robert Willie had over me for all those years.".

For Morris, forgiveness isn't some abstract concept. She realizes and explains in her book, that forgiveness is essential to be healed from what happened. If you can find the book, read it. At 251 pages, it is helpful in understanding the power of forgiveness. The last line in her book says "Justice didn't do a thing to heal me. Forgiveness did."

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
some very interesting reading there - thank you!

I didnt know that Angel Gabriel also 'figures' in Islam too .........

with the similarities between islam, christianity, judaism - do you think they are all linked intrinsically, i.e. all stem from the main higher being, having been interpreted differently by humans 'on the ground' ?

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member

with the similarities between islam, christianity, judaism - do you think they are all linked intrinsically, i.e. all stem from the main higher being, having been interpreted differently by humans 'on the ground' ?

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:

But if they believe in Jesus its ok as he died for their sins they are committing, right??

The passage in James 2: 14-17 serves to answer a question that Muslims often raise, "So you're saying, as long as I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, then I will go to Heaven, even if I live the rest of my life doing whatever I want - still finding pleasure in sin and disobedience?"

We are saved by grace through faith, and real faith is accompanied by action. Actions don't save you; they just prove that your faith is real. Jumping out of a plane doesn't save my life - the parachute saves my life - jumping just proves that I really believe the parachute will save me (as does operating the parachute correctly when I'm in the air). But if I don't jump, I have not put my trust in the parachute.

The same is true with Jesus. Trying to live a life that pleases God without trusting Christ is like hoping not to die when you go skydiving without a parachute. You must believe in your heart that Jesus will save you, but if you never entrust your life to Him, if you don't follow Him, then you have not really put your trust in Him.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:

There aren't many similarities between Judaism & Christianity and Islam.

I'll explain why. Judaism believe in Messiah as Christians do, they just don't believe that Jesus is that Messiah. Christianity does not negate Judaism, nor Judaism negates Christianity. They too believe in Messiah, only difference is that Jews are still waiting for Messiah to come. Christianity accepts Judaism scriptures as authentic.

Christianity fulfills Judaism. Islam negates and replaces both because it accuses their scriptures of corruption. Christianity wouldn't ever dream of charging the Jewish texts with corruption.

The claim that Islam is to Christianity as Christianity is to Judaism cannot hold. Islam is discontinuous with both biblical revelation and biblical doctrine, while Christianity affirms both Old Testament revelation and its teachings regarding human sinfulness, atonement, and salvation.

The claim of fulfillment is only legitimate if there is a continuity of essence, though not necessarily of form, otherwise, the result would be negation and replacement, not fulfillment. While New Testament authors never criticized the Old Testament, Islam denies the textual and doctrinal integrity of both the Old and New Testaments. Regarding previous revelation, therefore, Islam is not to Christianity as Christianity is to Judaism.

If we are to accept the absurd Muslim argument of the Bible & Torah being corrupted this means God could not preserve His Word. If He failed to do this for the Torah & Bible what makes one think he would not fail to do this for the Quran? Pray tell how can someone believe in such an absurd thing. In their own Suras (chapter's) it states that God's word cannot change.

In short, Islam appropriates the history of Judaism and Christianity to itself. The effect is to rob Christianity and Judaism of their own histories. Christianity does no such thing. The place of the Jewish scriptures in Christianity is completely different from the place of the Bible in Islam. Christian seminaries devote considerable effort to studying the Hebrew scriptures. The Hebrew scriptures are read (in translation) every Sunday in many churches all around the world. In contrast Islam’s treatment of the Bible is one of complete disregard. It's like they've taken the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and changed it to Snow White living with the Three Little Pigs who let down Repunzel's hair so that Pinocchio can weave it into a poisonous red apple. Excuse me, but that ain't Snow White's story!

In any event, Muhammad and his followers began to transform Judaism and Christianity into one of mankind's most dogmatic and deadly doctrines. Unfortunately, the revisions and adaptations haven't stopped. The Snow White story continues to get new chapters and characters: Johnny Appleseed took seeds from Pinocchio's poison apple and planted them throughout America so that all Americans would grow up to be evil. And the only way to defeat the evil Yankee-dogs is to knock down the World Trade Center buildings and have diamondback rattlesnakes and heavenly angels (from Arizona and Anaheim, respectively) beat them in a baseball game.

Meanwhile, Muslim clerics keep rewriting Jewish and Christian theological history. According to them, rather than Abraham being commanded by God to sacrifice his son Isaac etx etc. Muslims can believe what they want. There's no hard and fast physical evidence to prove any of this, regardless of the perspective. They just shouldn't be such bastards about it.

The bottom-line is how extensive and insidious Arab and Islamic revisions are. In their rush to find legitimacy for their positions they're willing to trample anyone or anything. When Muslims are not rewriting our bible, they're changing modern history to make it look like they're the suffering victims of infidel aggression, instead of being the instigators. They always have some new mumbo-jumbo to justify why it's okay for them to blow up school buses carrying children, office buildings filled with workers, or night clubs crowded with vacationers.

Moreover, because the world has not yet put its collective foot down to help stop this nonsense, the Muslims are now busy organizing symposiums to insist that the Holocaust never happened and that Jews are not really Jews at all. Funnily enough, the epitome of Islam's audacious revisionism will probably come when Muslims finally declare that they are actually the Jews of antiquity. When they do, after you stop laughing, remember that you read it here first.

Muslim woman crashes memorial for Arkansas victim, shouting, "Jesus was Muslim!":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqopnIAnmAw

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by unfinished thought.:
quote:

The passage in James 2: 14-17 serves to answer a question that Muslims often raise, "So you're saying, as long as I believe that Jesus died on the cross for my sins, then I will go to Heaven, even if I live the rest of my life doing whatever I want - still finding pleasure in sin and disobedience?"

We are saved by grace through faith, and real faith is accompanied by action. Actions don't save you; they just prove that your faith is real. Jumping out of a plane doesn't save my life - the parachute saves my life - jumping just proves that I really believe the parachute will save me (as does operating the parachute correctly when I'm in the air). But if I don't jump, I have not put my trust in the parachute.

The same is true with Jesus. Trying to live a life that pleases God without trusting Christ is like hoping not to die when you go skydiving without a parachute. You must believe in your heart that Jesus will save you, but if you never entrust your life to Him, if you don't follow Him, then you have not really put your trust in Him.

so what about babies who know nothing of Jesus or faith or anything like that?
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- After several years of study, the Vatican's International Theological Commission said there are good reasons to hope that babies who die without being baptized go to heaven.

In a document published April 20, the commission said the traditional concept of limbo -- as a place where unbaptized infants spend eternity but without communion with God -- seemed to reflect an "unduly restrictive view of salvation."

The church continues to teach that, because of original sin, baptism is the ordinary way of salvation for all people and urges parents to baptize infants, the document said.

But there is greater theological awareness today that God is merciful and "wants all human beings to be saved," it said. Grace has priority over sin, and the exclusion of innocent babies from heaven does not seem to reflect Christ's special love for "the little ones," it said.

"Our conclusion is that the many factors that we have considered ... give serious theological and liturgical grounds for hope that unbaptized infants who die will be saved and enjoy the beatific vision," the document said.

Limbo has never been defined as church dogma and is not mentioned in the current Catechism of the Catholic Church, which states simply that unbaptized infants are entrusted to God's mercy.

A key question taken up by the document was the church's teaching that baptism is necessary for salvation. That teaching needs interpretation, in view of the fact that "infants ... do not place any personal obstacle in the way of redemptive grace," it said.

The document said the church clearly teaches that people are born into a state of sinfulness -- original sin -- which requires an act of redemptive grace to be washed away.

But Scripture also proclaims the "superabundance" of grace over sin, it said. That seems to be missing in the idea of limbo, which identifies more with Adam's sinfulness than with Christ's redemption, it said.

"Christ's solidarity with all of humanity must have priority over the solidarity of human beings with Adam," it said.

LatinaLover
Member # 16594

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for LatinaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
unfinshdthough u r very funny like ur vatican commissian looool best funny thing this words 'After several years of study , the Vatican's International Theological Commission said there are good reasons to hope that babies who die without being baptized go to heaven.' thy not sure yet looooooool [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 95 | From: Masr | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
It is clear that Jesus had a special place in His affection for little children. Later, when little children were brought to Him that He should put His hands on them, He said,

"Suffer little children, and forbid them not to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

Jesus, then, did not see children as little sinners, as little receptacles of all the guilt of their ancestors. He said that those who would enter the kingdom of heaven would have to be converted and become like little children

The disciples had come to Jesus asking Him who was the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

"Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set him in the midst of them, and said, Verily I say unto you, except you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:1-6).

LatinaLover
Member # 16594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LatinaLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
say what u want but thy not sure yet if kids will entr prdise or not [Big Grin]
unfinshedthough how mmuch mony they pay u to insult eslam and prach abut christanty?thy give u healt incuranc too?

Posts: 95 | From: Masr | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:

Dawn, The angel Gabriel was the angel that brought the message of Quran to Muhammed. You will also find Jesus, Mary, Noah, Abraham, Moses and many other prophets you already know in Quran, so yes they are linked. Quran is the completion of the message which God started back with Torah.

UTs claim that Islam 'negates' both Judaism and Christianity is false, as one would expect. It is also false to imply that Judaism accepts Christianity as UT also posted the Jews are still awaiting their Messiah. Islam accepts Jesus was the Messiah, Quran states Jesus was the Messiah and the Word. In fact, Judaism accepts no prophets as they are still waiting, Christianity accepts the prophets of Judaism but not Islam and Islam accepts both Judaism and Christianity prophets, naturally as they taught Gods words as does Quran.

The Quran does not claim that the Books were corrupted, it actually says

YUSUFALI: There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!

YUSUFALI: Of the Jews there are those who displace words from their (right) places, and say: "We hear and we disobey"; and "Hear what is not Heard"; and "Ra'ina"; with a twist of their tongues and a slander to Faith. If only they had said: "What hear and we obey"; and "Do hear"; and "Do look at us"; it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allah hath cursed them for their Unbelief; and but few of them will believe.

so it is with their tongues they corrupt the Word of God, Muslims do it now too [Big Grin]

YUSUFALI: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Dawn, read what is written by UT and by king if he contributes in putting Islam down, but then look for yourself at what it actually does say as these are not in a position to be telling anyone what Islam is because of their obvious hatred for it. Also take on what Muslims say, then again look for yourself at the WORDS. Do NOT ever look at Islam through a Muslim, look with your eyes and your heart. If you are sincere in searching then ask God and He will guide you to YOUR path.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- After several years of study, the Vatican's International Theological Commission said there are good reasons to hope that babies who die without being baptized go to heaven.

Im sure thats a great comfort to anyone thats lost a child before they could have them baptized

Sick
[Confused]

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Near-death accounts suggest that unconditional love is the highest form of religion there is.

A near death experience account:

Love is the true "religion"

"I asked the light, which I call Christ, how people from other religions get to heaven. I was shown that the group, or organization, we profess alliance to is inconsequential. What is important is how we show our love for God by the way we treat each other. This is because when we pass to the spiritual realm we will all be met by him, which substantiates the passage, "No one comes to the Father, but by me." The light showed me that what is important is that we love God and each other, and that it isn't what a person says, but the love in their being that is examined in the afterlife." (Sandra Rogers)

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:

Jam 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Jam 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.

Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one [point], he is guilty of all.

this is the bit I dont understand. What is meant by 'the law'? is it anything to do with whats in Matt 5:22 and 'the council' in some versions or the 'sanhedrin' in others? Is that 'the law'?
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
God’s Word stabs you with this sentence: “The wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). Why fear and guilt? Because “all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

The shocking fact is that you are under the sentence of death! You have been found guilty before the law, and there is no court of appeal in the world that can reverse the sentence and find you not guilty.

According to 1 John 3:4, “sin is the transgression of the law,” and you must plead guilty to breaking the law.” Whose law did you break? Paul answers quickly, “I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet” (Ro-mans 7:7). There it is! The great Ten-Commandment law is the one that was broken, and it demands death for the transgressor.

If the works of the law cannot save a person, is it therefore necessary to keep the law? Paul asked the same question in Romans 6:1. “Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?” In other words, does grace give us a license to disobey the law of God? His answer is: “God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (verse 2).

In fact, Jesus came to magnify the law and to open up its spiritual application, making it more comprehensive than the legalistic Pharisees ever imagined. Under the distilling influence of Christ’s perfect life of obedience, we can see the spiritual details of law-keeping which are neither recognized nor made possible apart from Him. Jesus and Paul stand forever as our examples for fighting the deadly spiritual virus of legalism. When Paul wrote The letter kills but the Spirit gives life, (2 Corinthians 3:6), he was referring to the tendency of legalism to kill faith, hope, joy, love and spiritual life in general. Jesus looked legalists in the eye and called them hypocrites, brood of vipers, blind guides, etc., (Read Matt.23). Jesus showed that the higher purpose of law love and mercy was being met, thus rising above the mere letter and legitimizing a technical breach of law.
Jesus confronts Legalism

At this point we must be very careful to designate also what the law cannot do. Even though it points out sin, it has no power to save from sin. There is no justifying, cleansing grace in it. All the works of all the laws would not be sufficient to save a single soul. Why? For the simple reason that we are saved by grace through faith, as a free gift. “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin” (Romans 3:20). Without the law we are not aware of good and evil.

No sinner can gain favor and acceptance with God because he keeps the law. The law was not made for the purpose of saving or justifying. It was made to show us our need of cleansing and to point us to the great source of cleansing, Jesus Christ, our Lord. The Bible speaks of the law as a mirror to show us what kind of persons we really are. “For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed” (James 1:23–25). It is obvious to all that a mirror cannot remove a spot from the face. Looking into the mirror all day, and even rubbing it over the face, will not provide any cleansing. Its work is to reveal the spot and to point the dirty one to the sink for actual cleansing. The law, in like manner, can only condemn the sinner by giving him knowledge of his condition and then pointing him to the cross for true cleansing.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Not Under the Law

Paul equates being under the law with “being guilty before God.” Paul points out that the power of grace is greater than the power of sin. This is why he states so emphatically, “For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.” Grace overrules the authority of sin, giving power to obey God’s law.

Is It Possible to Obey the Law?

Not one soul can ever keep one of those Ten Commandments in human power alone, but all of them may be kept through the enabling strength of Jesus. He imputes His righteousness for cleansing and imparts His righteousness for victorious living. Christ came in a body of flesh like our own and depended wholly upon His Father in living His life to demonstrate the kind of victory which is possible for every soul who will likewise draw upon the Father’s grace.

Dawn-Bev*
Member # 15190

Rate Member
I have an issue with men 're-arranging' religion to suit their own needs, and telling women how to live their lives

ah ........... the Vatican .... dont get me started on the Vatican!

I dont get the 'original sin' concept, and the 'indulgences' thing where you give large amounts to the church and your place in paradise is apparently secured, and the repenting of sins on the deathbed and confession (2 hail marys and everythings OK etc) - I just cant accept that a just and fair.

of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:
quote:

I disagree with UT on this issue. Her view comes from a Catholic doctrine. I believe that all children go to heaven. Jesus died for the sins of the world. He took care of the sin issue at the cross.
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
I believe the same as you of_gold.

quote:
I dont get the 'original sin' concept
The concept of Original Sin stipulates that Human Life is essentially self-destructive due to the sin it inherits from Adam and Eve. This original sin is properly understood as a condition and state, not as personal act. In the state of original justice, before sin, sanctifying grace was like a supernatural "endowment" of human nature. The loss of grace is contained in the inner “logic” of sin, which is a rejection of the will of God, who bestows this gift.
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
quote:

this is the bit I dont understand. What is meant by 'the law'? is it anything to do with whats in Matt 5:22 and 'the council' in some versions or the 'sanhedrin' in others? Is that 'the law'?
Ayisha, I found this site that talks about the Jewish law. It explains that the law is a comprehensive way of life (in the same way that the Islamic law is for Muslims).

Halakhah: Jewish Law

Judaism is not just a set of beliefs about G-d, man and the universe. Judaism is a comprehensive way of life, filled with rules and practices that affect every aspect of life: what you do when you wake up in the morning, what you can and cannot eat, what you can and cannot wear, how to groom yourself, how to conduct business, who you can marry, how to observe the holidays and Shabbat, and perhaps most important, how to treat G-d, other people, and animals. This set of rules and practices is known as halakhah.

The word "halakhah" is usually translated as "Jewish Law," although a more literal (and more appropriate) translation might be "the path that one walks." The word is derived from the Hebrew root Hei-Lamed-Kaf, meaning to go, to walk or to travel....

of_gold
Member # 13418

ok about the children. [Smile] but now I disagree with you on this.

quote:
Not Under the Law

Is It Possible to Obey the Law?

Not one soul can ever keep one of those Ten Commandments in human power alone, but all of them may be kept through the enabling strength of Jesus. He imputes His righteousness for cleansing and imparts His righteousness for victorious living. Christ came in a body of flesh like our own and depended wholly upon His Father in living His life to demonstrate the kind of victory which is possible for every soul who will likewise draw upon the Father’s grace.

I DO NOT believe it is possible to keep the law. If it would of been possible there would be no need for Jesus.

Jesus showed how it was impossible to keep the law. The scribes and Pharisees who were the religious leader of their time would keep the letter of the law yet inside they were full of "dead men's bones". The law goes beyond not committing adultery to not lusting, or coveting, or being angry without a cause, or hating, or worrying and not trusting God...

Name one person besides Jesus who has done this their whole life and I will eat my hat. [Wink]

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
of_gold I was not refering to the Hanukhah laws. I was referring to the Ten Commandments. Jesus interpreted the Law in the light of the twofold yet single commandment of love, the fullness of the Law.

But, as Paul asks in Romans 6:1. “Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?” In other words, does grace give us a license to disobey the law of God? His answer is: “God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?”

Christians who are saved by grace and in response to God’s mercy earnestly endeavour to keep the Ten Commandments out of love for Jesus Christ. Such love-motivated obedience can also only be accomplished by His Holy Spirit working in us (Romans 8:4).

You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour, You shall not covet your neighbour’s house, Honor your father and your mother, etc

I wrote:

quote:

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ayisha, I found this site that talks about the Jewish law. It explains that the law is a comprehensive way of life (in the same way that the Islamic law is for Muslims).

Halakhah: Jewish Law

Judaism is not just a set of beliefs about G-d, man and the universe. Judaism is a comprehensive way of life, filled with rules and practices that affect every aspect of life: what you do when you wake up in the morning, what you can and cannot eat, what you can and cannot wear, how to groom yourself, how to conduct business, who you can marry, how to observe the holidays and Shabbat, and perhaps most important, how to treat G-d, other people, and animals. This set of rules and practices is known as halakhah.

The word "halakhah" is usually translated as "Jewish Law," although a more literal (and more appropriate) translation might be "the path that one walks." The word is derived from the Hebrew root Hei-Lamed-Kaf, meaning to go, to walk or to travel....

ok, but
"The Difference Between Torah Law and Rabbinic Law
As we have seen, Jewish law includes both laws that come directly from the Torah (either expressed, implied or deduced) and laws that were enacted by the rabbis." this is where they 'chaged it with their tongues' as Quran speaks of, IMO.

The Sanhedrin, which is mentioned in Matt 5:22, 26:57, 26:59, Mark 14:53, 14:55, 15:1, John 11:47 and various Acts, all NIV of the Bible, is 'the council' in other versions, is the set of rabbanical Laws that were added to the Torah to make the Talmud, the Laws the Jews go by. Yes it is a whole way of life with rules about everything but things like this are NOT in Islam:

Sanhedrin 55b
R. Joseph said: Come and hear! A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition, and if her deceased husband's brother cohabits with her, she becomes his. The penalty of adultery may be incurred through her; [if a niddah] she defiles him who has connection with her, so that he in turn defiles that upon which he lies, as a garment which has lain upon [a person afflicted with gonorrhoea].5 If she married a priest, she may eat of terumah;6 If any unfit person7 has a connection with her, he disqualifies her from the priesthood8 — If any of the forbidden degrees had intercourse with her, they are executed on her account,9 but she is exempt.

http://www.come-and-hear.com/sanhedrin/sanhedrin_55.html

Sanhedrin 69
R. Jeremiah of Difti said: We also learnt the following: A maiden aged three years and a day may be acquired in marriage by coition, and if her deceased husband's brother cohabited with her, she becomes his. The penalty of adultery may be incurred through her; [if a niddah,] she defiles him who has connection with her, so that he in turn defiles that upon which he lies, as a garment which has lain upon [a person afflicted with gonorrhoea]. If she married a priest, she may eat of terumah; if any unfit person cohabits with her, he disqualifies her from the priesthood. If any of the forbidden degrees had intercourse with her, they are executed on her account, but she is exempt.22

http://www.come-and-hear.com/sanhedrin/sanhedrin_69.html

This is the Babylonian Talmud.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Keeping the law was originally a way to life, but after the fall of Adam, this way is made impossible through the weakness of our flesh.

The law has to do with God's will. God is very holy, He is the Holiness itself. God's law, which was already in force before the fall of the first changes not; so His will was the same, both before and after the fall of Adam.

Man’s disobedience in the garden is the fruit of unbelief, just as his obedience would have been the fruit of faith. Why was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil forbidden?

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil enabled one to know good and evil (see 3:22), which Eve deceptively believed was both necessary and beneficial. It was neither.

Adam and Eve gained a knowledge of good and evil, one they would regret. Gone was the innocence they had once enjoyed. Their nakedness, which once caused them no shame (Genesis 2:25), now made them ashamed to stand before God. Hastily made loin coverings with fig leaves still made them feel naked and ashamed. The daily encounter with God to which they once looked forward they now sought to avoid.

Their son Cain killed his brother Abel (4:1-11). Later, Lamech boasted to his wives about killing a young lad who had struck him (4:23-24). Genesis 5, a virtual graveyard, lists the life span and deaths of Adam and Eve’s offspring. When we reach the sixth chapter of Genesis, the whole earth has become corrupt.

Monumental consequences resulted from the fall of man in the garden of Eden. Just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--for until the Law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

“Your first forefather sinned, and your spokesmen have transgressed against Me” (Isaiah 43:27).

So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. And the Law came in that the transgression might increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, that, as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 5:12-21).

But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive (1 Corinthians 15:20-22).

of_gold
Member # 13418

Honestly Ayisha, I have not studied the Jewish law but I understand what you are saying about the Talmud, I think . Are you saying that man added to this? The following paragraph is from Wikipedia and describes the Talmud as "a record of rabbinic discussions pertaining to the Jewish law".

quote:
The Talmud (Hebrew: תַּלְמוּד talmūd "instruction, learning", from a root lmd "teach, study") is a record of rabbinic discussions pertaining to Jewish law, ethics, customs, and history. It is a central text of mainstream Judaism.

My understanding is that your reasoning is that the Talmud is mans words just as the hadiths are mans words. Is this correct?
of_gold
Member # 13418

UT, Are you telling me that you never sin? That you never break any of the ten commandments?
unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
That's not what I am telling you of_gold. In fact, I am telling you the exact opposite:

"Not one soul can ever keep one of those Ten Commandments in human power alone, but all of them may be kept through the enabling strength of Jesus."

Are you telling me it is impossible to keep the ten commandments gold?

The first four commandments show how to love God. If you love Him you will have no other God, and you will honor His Name and remember His Sabbaths. The last six commandments show how to love our fellow human beings:

You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour, You shall not covet your neighbour’s house, Honor your father and your mother.

The enabling strength of Jesus is love. If you love your parents, do you show your love by dishonoring them? Would you show love to a neighbor by killing him, stealing his mate, stealing his goods, lying to him or even just wishing to take what is his? No. You show love to your neighbor by obeying the Ten Commandments.

Do not miss the point that Jesus came to condemn sin by His perfect life in the flesh in order that "the righteousness of the law" might be fulfilled in us. Christ won His perfect victory in order to make the same victory available to us. Having conquered the devil, showing that in the flesh the law can be obeyed, Christ now offers to come into our hearts and share the victory with us. Only by His strength and indwelling power can the requirements of the law be fulfilled by anyone.

unfinished thought.
Member # 16076

Rate Member
Now, how many of the Ten Commandments does one have to break in order to be guilty of sin? James says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."

The Bible indicates that the Ten Commandments are like a chain with ten links. When one link is broken, the chain is broken. So it is with the law. Those who stand in the judgment will have to meet the acid test of the Ten Commandments. Jesus said: "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven," Matthew 5:19

Someone might object that this is making works the basis of entering the kingdom. No. It is really making love the qualifying factor. Jesus said that the greatest commandment of all is to love God supremely. He also said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15. Those who practice any known sin are really confessing that they do not love God with all their heart, soul, and mind. So it is the lack of love which shuts them out; not the act of disobedience which exposes that lack. Only when love is motivating the obedience does it become acceptable to God.

Law and grace do not work in competition with each other but in perfect cooperation. The law points out sin, and grace saves from sin. The law is the will of God, and grace is the power to do the will of God. We do not obey the law in order to be saved but because we are saved.

The works of obedience are the real test of love. This is why they are so necessary in the experience of a true believer. "Faith without works is dead." James 2:20. Jesus said, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 7:21.

Words and profession are not enough. The true evidence is obedience. Today's bumper stickers reflect a shallow concept of love. They say, "Smile if you love Jesus," "Honk if you love Jesus"; but what did Jesus Himself say? He said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15. And that is exactly what most people don't want to do. If love makes no demands beyond a smile or wave, then it is welcome; but if the lifestyle must be disturbed, the majority will reject it. One of the strongest texts in the Bible on this subject is found in 1 John 2:4. "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." John could write that with such assurance because it is one of the most deeply established truths in the Bible. Jesus spoke of those who said, "Lord, Lord," but did not do the will of the Father. Then He described many who would seek entrance to the kingdom claiming to be workers of miracles in the name of Christ. But He would sorrowfully have to say, "I never knew you: depart from me." Matthew 7:21-23.

You see, to know Christ is to love Him, and to love Him is to obey Him. The valid assumption of the Bible writers is very clear and simple: If one is not obeying Christ, he does not love Christ. And if he doesn't love Christ, then he doesn't know Him. John assured us, "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3. Thus, we can see how knowing and loving and obeying are all tied closely together and are absolutely inseparable in the life of God's faithful people. The beloved John summed it up in these words: "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." 1 John 5:3.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Honestly Ayisha, I have not studied the Jewish law but I understand what you are saying about the Talmud, I think . Are you saying that man added to this? The following paragraph is from Wikipedia and describes the Talmud as "a record of rabbinic discussions pertaining to the Jewish law".

quote:
The Talmud (Hebrew: תַּלְמוּד talmūd "instruction, learning", from a root lmd "teach, study") is a record of rabbinic discussions pertaining to Jewish law, ethics, customs, and history. It is a central text of mainstream Judaism.

My understanding is that your reasoning is that the Talmud is mans words just as the hadiths are mans words. Is this correct?
Yes that is pretty much what I am saying and have been for a long time. The site you gave, Judaism 101, explains that there was the Torah given to Moses, the 'written Torah' but there was also the 'oral Torah' which were basically the laws of the Rabbi and the supposed Hadith of Moses. This together is the Talmud that is the Jewish Law and, according to New Testement writers, the Law Jesus followed whereas IMHO Jesus would have ONLY followed the Law from God and not from man which is why he said he had not come to change the Law but to fulfil it. He didnt change THE LAW of God but the the Bible writers did the same thing and added their interpretations of his words while having the Jewish Law in mind. The same as hadith writers have written hadith with the old cultural customs in mind and the way women were treated. Its a way of keeping control of the rules they are used to and adding it to the religion where it shouldnt be.

Dont forget also the devil himself will have been doing his bit to make sure things are added or taken away wherever possible as God said in Torah and Quran nothing to be added and nothing to be taken away, yet it always has been.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Now, how many of the Ten Commandments does one have to break in order to be guilty of sin? James says, "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law."

The Bible indicates that the Ten Commandments are like a chain with ten links. When one link is broken, the chain is broken. So it is with the law. Those who stand in the judgment will have to meet the acid test of the Ten Commandments. Jesus said: "Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven," Matthew 5:19

Someone might object that this is making works the basis of entering the kingdom.

Yes of course it is, no matter how much you dress it up it means what YOU do is what YOU are judged on.

quote:
No. It is really making love the qualifying factor. Jesus said that the greatest commandment of all is to love God supremely. He also said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15.
The First commandment and the most important one is number ONE, Thou shalt have NO OTHER GODS but ME, and it was NOT Jesus that said it!
of_gold
Member # 13418

quote:
That's not what I am telling you of_gold. In fact, I am telling you the exact opposite:

"Not one soul can ever keep one of those Ten Commandments in human power alone, but all of them may be kept through the enabling strength of Jesus."

Are you telling me it is impossible to keep the ten commandments gold?

The first four commandments show how to love God. If you love Him you will have no other God, and you will honor His Name and remember His Sabbaths. The last six commandments show how to love our fellow human beings:

You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour, You shall not covet your neighbour’s house, Honor your father and your mother.

The enabling strength of Jesus is love. If you love your parents, do you show your love by dishonoring them? Would you show love to a neighbor by killing him, stealing his mate, stealing his goods, lying to him or even just wishing to take what is his? No. You show love to your neighbor by obeying the Ten Commandments.

Do not miss the point that Jesus came to condemn sin by His perfect life in the flesh in order that "the righteousness of the law" might be fulfilled in us. Christ won His perfect victory in order to make the same victory available to us. Having conquered the devil, showing that in the flesh the law can be obeyed, Christ now offers to come into our hearts and share the victory with us. Only by His strength and indwelling power can the requirements of the law be fulfilled by anyone.

Yes, I am telling you that it is impossible.

Again, I ask, have you ever sinned?

Maybe you have never killed anyone, but have you hated without a cause? Maybe you have never committed adultery but have you lusted? Have you ever coveted anything, your neighbors house perhaps? You always honor your father and mother, ALWAYS?

If you have seen a handsome man and thought mmmmmm even briefly, then you have committed adultery. You have broken the law and are guilty of death.

Of course we can keep the letter of the law the same as the Scribes and Pharisees did but Jesus said that unless your righteousness EXCEED the righteousness of the Scribes and Pharisees we cannot enter in.

Its not that we never sin, EVERYONE SINS. Its that we have a covering for our sins, the blood of Jesus. Jesus is the covering for our sins. Same as in the passover, when the blood of the lamb is on the door death passes over.

The only way the victory is available to us is through the covering of the blood of Jesus.
quote:
1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com