EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Gayness and Lesbianism (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Gayness and Lesbianism
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homosexuality amongst Muslims...
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546996

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503543082

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far your second question about how we should deal with homosexuals, we should consider them people who get themselves engaged in a sinful act. We should deal with them in the same way we deal with any people who are involved in alcoholics, gambling or adultery.

What an ignorant and mysoginistic statement!
This man clearly knows nothing about the subject he's talking about.
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

What's your point of posting this?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir 4ever
Member # 9556

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir 4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homosexuality is not a crime. There are a couple of elderly Lesbians leaving next door to me. I have not seen anything indecent or inhuman in them. If they sleep in the same bed or they don’t does in no ways affect me. It is not even my business to ask whether they share the same bedroom or have separate bedrooms. They are working like anyone else and contribute to the society like others. They have not hurt me. Why should they be killed? What is more immoral? That they are homosexual or that you are a murderer? This is another example of your twisted sense of morality. As Muslim you see homosexuality as immorality but you (Muslims) don’t see anything wrong in killing people.

I am not an authority on this subject. But I know that at least a good portion of homosexuals are physically and emotionally not “normal’. They are different. If you believe God creates people, then God made them this way. What right you have to tell God he has made a mistake in creating the homosexuals the way he has? What right you have to take away the lives of those whom are the handiwork of God? As long as they don't harm other, what food they eat, what movies they watch or with whom they sleep should not be anyone's business but their own. If they are doing something wrong, you are not God, let God deal with them the way he knows best.

Regarding adultery, in Islam this falls under two classes: The premarital sex and the out of marriage sex. As for premarital sex, it is none of our damn business. You can teach your morals to your daughter and son but you have no right to impose your morality on others. As for adultery of married people, it is something that should concern the husband and the wife and again it is none of our damn business. You make sure you do not commit adultery like the majority of Muslim men and watch your wife. You have no business to put your nose in the private lives of others. If I marry someone who commits adultery, I will divorce her but it is not up to state or you to stone her. This is why I say you have a very twisted sense of morality. You see adultery as something abhorrent when it is none of your business but see nothing wrong in stoning a person to death.

Then again you believe in polygamy. This is licensing adultery. You can have sex with as many women as you like, all you have to do is declare them your wives and divorce them at whim. That is a mockery of marriage. Muhammad allowed muta or temporary marriages. Umar banned it but the Shiites still practice it. This is nothing but legalized prostitution.

Posts: 392 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kafir4ever,

you forgot the most important thing....
this law is NOT from the moslems,
BUT from all our GOD!!!!!!!!!!

If you like it or not, the human must accept his will.

And for every law you will find a very good reason.
If you read with open heart in the sunna, then you will find the truth and you will understand WHY some people must be killed for special crimes.

Do you believe in the MENMADE law with punishment in hotellike prisons.....
...80 percent doing the same crime again after leaving prison.

Did you ever read what GOD says about men loving men.....
In the BIG DAY his chair will shaken from his angriness about such people.

So, it is not your mind which counts, it is GODS !!!
And HE is the one, who will put us in hell or paradise.

The moslemsociety must be strong and clear....I believe we cannot be strong with gays...for sure

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it's a fact that homosexual people do exist.

So what is your suggestion in dealing with them?

What bothers me is that those people who are so quick condemning gays and lesbians don't really have any solutions or suggestions apart from repeating over and over again that it's a sin and that they will be punished. That's very inhuman, short-sighted and ignorant in my opinion.

If you're homosexual you're born homosexual. It's not a choice, like adultery, neither is it a addiction that can be cured, like alcoholism (to stick with the above text). So neither praying, fasting or any of the often suggested "solutions" will make a homosexual person a heterosexual. It will only make the person feel worse and create guilt and self-hatred.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:
Kafir4ever,

If you read with open heart in the sunna, then you will find the truth and you will understand WHY some people must be killed for special crimes.

Do you believe in the MENMADE law with punishment in hotellike prisons.....
...80 percent doing the same crime again after leaving prison.

Did you ever read what GOD says about men loving men.....
In the BIG DAY his chair will shaken from his angriness about such people.

So, it is not your mind which counts, it is GODS !!!
And HE is the one, who will put us in hell or paradise.

The moslemsociety must be strong and clear....I believe we cannot be strong with gays...for sure

Heil Hitler, you are such a crazy woman..have you ever been to school?
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
What does Hitler have to with this? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
If you're homosexual you're born homosexual. It's not a choice, like adultery, neither is it a addiction that can be cured, like alcoholism (to stick with the above text). So neither praying, fasting or any of the often suggested "solutions" will make a homosexual person a heterosexual. It will only make the person feel worse and create guilt and self-hatred.

I don't think we know that for a fact. Wait a few years and "psychologists" will come up with another theory.
Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
So in the meantime you suggest praying and fasting? [Roll Eyes]
kafir 4ever
Member # 9556

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir 4ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Isn't this another form of fascism?

quote:
Kafir4ever,

The only faulty thing here is your reasoning. You first assume that Allah is God and my creator and then say I should not question him. This is absurd. You have not yet proven this thing you call Allah is actually the God. I say Allah, or whoever whispered the Quran to the ears of Muhammad, far from being the God is the Satan. Your first task is to prove that Muhammad was the prophet of God. The burden of the proof is on you. However I can easily show the god of Muhammad was satanic. All I have to do is to quote a few verses from the Quran.

How ludicrous it would be if I tell you that I have brought a message from Jumjum who is the real creator of this universe, and I am his messenger and then demand your absolute obedience and submission to him and myself without providing any proof to my claim? Wouldn’t you ask me for a proof? If you are intelligent you would. If you are not you may believe me without asking for such proof. Why should we be stupid and believe Muhammad who gave no proof whatsoever for his claim?

Posts: 392 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the similarity with nazi thought is apalling:

1-"you will understand WHY some people must be killed for special crimes"
2-"The moslemsociety must be strong and clear....I believe we cannot be strong with gays...for sure "

no?

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

werent' homosexuals , along with jews and gypsies on hitler's hit list?
Sara is a neo-nazi turned muslim...if that can exist

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is for those who believe in God:

Some people were born gay. They cannot change that anymore than straight people can. If God is the creator of all things, and I personally believe He is, then He made some people gay. So gay people should NOT be persecuted by other human beings. Because those who believe in God know and accept that we don't know all there is to know about everything.

Now, whether gay sex -- the act itself -- is wrong? That is for each person to determine in accordance with his beliefs. But in the end, I think that is a matter between the person and God -- not for us to judge.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gays are born mostly as gays....and it is Allahs will!
Those people do not have MORE or DIFFERENT rights then other moslems.

They simply have a different, difficult examination to get paradise or hell.

It is that easy !!! [Roll Eyes]

Well, I am really not a nazilover, but I love to follow gods law.

....and by the way, I am not against jews....Mohammeds wife was a jew and she was clever enough to listen to islam.

Wish you all a healthy and clear mind [Wink]

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by primak:

2-"The moslemsociety must be strong and clear....I believe we cannot be strong with gays...for sure "

no?

Oh, alright, that makes sense to me.

I assumed you were equating Germans = Hitler = Nazis.

germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
[Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
This is for those who believe in God:

Some people were born gay. They cannot change that anymore than straight people can. If God is the creator of all things, and I personally believe He is, then He made some people gay. So gay people should NOT be persecuted by other human beings. Because those who believe in God know and accept that we don't know all there is to know about everything.

My little princesses, how come that our God created some ppl homosexual? God created us with this natural impulse which feeds our desires, some of us can use it in a wrong way, as for example make a trial, and if it is his/her first trial as this trial satisfied his/her desire they will do it, if u have read my links the question was about some1 who was raped and he cant give up this habit because he tasted joy in this as it was his first time…I once hared a story about a lady, this lady was living a miserable life with her husband because he used to leave her and masturbate… he said that masturbation satisfied him more than his wife…do u know why? Because he had tasted joy from masturbation. U know u r right when u said that only our Lord can judge not humans, but I said that because quran talked about homosexual ppl and what God did for them…

Also I opened this thread when my friend told me that she read a story (on amrkhaled.net) of a guy, who suffered from this problem and he asked for help…thought that these links are useful
Always Peace…Asma

For kafir4ever, Shakespeare was homosexual, and he was very peace …who said those homosexuals are not a peacefully ppl…the problem is that they are not hurting other but they are hurting themselves…

Now, whether gay sex -- the act itself -- is wrong? That is for each person to determine in accordance with his beliefs. But in the end, I think that is a matter between the person and God -- not for us to judge.

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=10050&dgn=4

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:

OK, I read this, and I'm asking this in all seriousness. This site says anal sex between two men is a sin.

But it doesn't mention whether two men falling in love is a sin, whether their practicing oral sex is a sin, or whether two women falling in love is a sin, or two women providing sexual pleasure to one another is a sin (because this doesn't involve anal sex).

My question is basically this: has all of homosexuality been deemed a sin because anal sex is a sin?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snoozin:
[My question is basically this: has all of homosexuality been deemed a sin because anal sex is a sin?

I know u are asking this q 2 kamal, but would u plz go and read the story of Loot's Nation or ppl and u will know the answer, also Focus on the beginning of the story and the origin of the habit.

redmarrakesh
Member # 8201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redmarrakesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What an ignorant and mysoginistic statement!

Ignorant,yes..racist,yes.
But where's the misogyny in this statement? [Confused]
Do you know the meaning of this word?

Posts: 182 | From: greece | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redmarrakesh
Member # 8201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redmarrakesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automatic For The People:
Wait a few years and "psychologists" will come up with another theory.

"Psychologists" are different from psychiatrists.Psychology is not even a science,just b.s. .While psychoanalysis does have scientific value!!
Posts: 182 | From: greece | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:

I know u are asking this q 2 kamal, but would u plz go and read the story of Loot's Nation or ppl and u will know the answer, also Focus on the beginning of the story and the origin of the habit.

Thank you for answering, Asooma, I am happy to get answers from everyone. I *did* read the story of Lut (26:160), but it still doesn't answer my question. However, I can only read the Qur'an in English, and not Arabic, so perhaps I am missing something important. [Frown]
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But it doesn't mention whether two men falling in love is a sin, whether their practicing oral sex is a sin, or whether two women falling in love is a sin, or two women providing sexual pleasure to one another is a sin (because this doesn't involve anal sex).

My question is basically this: has all of homosexuality been deemed a sin because anal sex is a sin?

Assalamu alaykum Snoozin!

It is forbidden for anyone to see or touch the private parts of anyone they are not married to, and marriage in Islam can only be between a man and a woman. The only exception is for necessary medical treatment. A sexual relationship can only legitimately take place between a married man and woman and not outside marriage, everyone else should control their impulses until they can find a legitimate way to have a sexual relationship.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:

Assalamu alaykum Snoozin!

It is forbidden for anyone to see or touch the private parts of anyone they are not married to, and marriage in Islam can only be between a man and a woman. The only exception is for necessary medical treatment. A sexual relationship can only legitimately take place between a married man and woman and not outside marriage, everyone else should control their impulses until they can find a legitimate way to have a sexual relationship.

Thank you Newcomer. I had a big *duh!* moment when I read your post -- I should have thought of that myself -- that makes perfect sense. Thanks again.
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redmarrakesh:
quote:
Wait a few years and "psychologists" will come up with another theory.

"Psychologists" are different from psychiatrists.Psychology is not even a science,just b.s. .While psychoanalysis does have scientific value!!
Hey Red,
You know a psychologist does exactly that, psychoanalyze and so does a psychiatrist. The difference, a psychologist studies in human behaviour and how they think and behave. They also communicate and help people with psychological disorders. A psychiatrist does the exact same thing except they can prescribe medicine. Psychoanalyze deals more with your unconscious mind( which originated from Sigmund Freud himself)Is psychology a science? Yes, definetly without a doubt. In fact, it's called "Cognitive Science" which is the interdisciplinary study of mind and intelligence. It, like most things in medicine are not generalized but it is a form of science.

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

quote:
quote:

no?

I would never even think of something like that Dalia, you should know be better.
I am only equating Sarah-the-fascist-german-turned-moslem-lunatic = neo-nazis = Hitler :-))

Cheers
Youssef

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My question is basically this: has all of homosexuality been deemed a sin because anal sex is a sin? [/QB]

hi.salam

not only cos of anal sex, but also it against mans' (fitrah) the natural disposition of mankind.
, it recks the systems community,
you must remember that god only forbid sumthing that is not good for us, and only permits what is good for us, and we must trust God.

quote:

The spread of homosexuality has caused man diseases which neither the east nor the west can deny exist because of them. Even if the only result of this perversion was AIDS – which attacks the immune system in humans – that would be enough.

It also causes the breakup of the family and leads people to give up their work and study because they are preoccupied with these perversions.

Since the prohibition has come from his Lord, the Muslim should not wait until medicine proves that harm befalls the one who does that which Allaah has forbidden. Rather he must believe firmly that Allaah only prescribes that which is good for people,

the article also mentins not to wait for medicince to prove it bad for us.....which i think is a good point,
and this "gay acceptance" think looks like it only a recent trend, it may soon die down [Confused]
Allah Knows

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:

What I wrote above also applies to this text. Plus it's full of faulty logic.

quote:
The spread of homosexuality has caused man diseases which neither the east nor the west can deny exist because of them. Even if the only result of this perversion was AIDS – which attacks the immune system in humans – that would be enough. 
It's dangerous to suggest that AIDS is spread through homosexuality alone. AIDS is common among heterosexuals as well, and – particularly in African countries – is often passed on from husbands to their wifes!

quote:
It also causes the breakup of the family and leads people to give up their work and study because they are preoccupied with these perversions. 
This statement suggests that homosexual people are preoccupied with sexuality and ignores the fact that the overwhelming majority of gays and lesbians lead the same kind of life as anyone else.

quote:
Lesbianism means one woman doing to another something like that which a man does to a woman. Homosexuality means having intercourse with males in the back passage.
Wrong.
Homosexuality is defined as
a) Sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
b) Sexual activity with another of the same sex.
The word applies to both genders and it describes the sexual orientation itself. So someone can be homosexual without ever committing a homosexual act.
quote:
Those who commit immoral actions, punish them both. Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him), Sa’eed ibn Jubayr and others said: By condemning them, shaming them and hitting them with shoes. This was the ruling until Allaah abrogated it and replaced it with whipping and stoning.

Whoever you find doing the deed of the people of Loot, kill the one who does it and the one to whom it is done.”

As I wrote above, they are quick to condemn and suggest all kinds of punishments. That's a hateful and misanthropic approach which doesn't "change" homosexuals, it just forces them into a life of fear, hiding and self-denial.

Appalling!

Automatic For The People
Member # 7160

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

no?

I would never even think of something like that Dalia, you should know be better.
I am only equating Sarah-the-fascist-german-turned-moslem-lunatic = neo-nazis = Hitler :-))

Cheers
Youssef

Oh....and here we thought you were an asshole.
I wonder who you insulted most.....Germansarah,victims of the Holocaust or yourself.

Posts: 637 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kafir 4ever:
quote:

quote:
Kafir4ever,

The only faulty thing here is your reasoning. You first assume that Allah is God and my creator and then say I should not question him. This is absurd. You have not yet proven this thing you call Allah is actually the God. I say Allah, or whoever whispered the Quran to the ears of Muhammad, far from being the God is the Satan. Your first task is to prove that Muhammad was the prophet of God. The burden of the proof is on you. However I can easily show the god of Muhammad was satanic. All I have to do is to quote a few verses from the Quran.

How ludicrous it would be if I tell you that I have brought a message from Jumjum who is the real creator of this universe, and I am his messenger and then demand your absolute obedience and submission to him and myself without providing any proof to my claim? Wouldn’t you ask me for a proof? If you are intelligent you would. If you are not you may believe me without asking for such proof. Why should we be stupid and believe Muhammad who gave no proof whatsoever for his claim?

So tell me Mr. what do we get from it I mean mankind, and why where we made with species, women get prgnant man don't "Ii believe it is your rule not god's".
even animals don't do homosexuality as far as my knowledge..
for my knowledge homosexuality was forbidden by all religions, but because other than muslim can change there believeth then new christianity have make it no sin to do gayness or lesbianess. Actaully this will lead to human race vanquish or destruction, and it makes no sense if we were meant to be one specie then god should have done this.
man you are misled, may god help us to follow the right way.

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
It's dangerous to suggest that AIDS is spread through homosexuality alone. AIDS is common among heterosexuals as well, and – particularly in African countries – is often passed on from husbands to their wifes!

Dalia,
you think and conclude too much yourself, without any sufficient knowledge or evidence.

I really think you should do some research or something, before flaunting Islam.
As i mentioned in the Hijaab thread, that there are learned men who have studied the matter carefully, and you showing your opinion like that, looks kinda stupid...
And you even seem to critize God commandment in many cases.....

As for your gay thing, read this,
quote:

A number of gay men in New York and San Francisco suddenly began to develop rare opportunistic infections and cancers that seemed stubbornly resistant to any treatment. At this time, AIDS did not yet have a name, but it quickly became obvious that all the men were suffering from a common syndrome.

source: http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

p.s you never mentioned if u were even muslim?
I wouldnt be suprised if you were related to morgan, or the likes [Eek!] in a more subtle way

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:

you think and conclude too much yourself, without any sufficient knowledge or evidence.

I really think you should do some research or something, before flaunting Islam.
As i mentioned in the Hijaab thread, that there are learned men who have studied the matter carefully, and you showing your opinion like that, looks kinda stupid...

Please stop insulting me, Kamal!

As I said, there are lots of studies on the subject of AIDS and most of them are available on the internet, I've read them before.

It's you who should do some research before blindly accepting an opinion.

The man who wrote the above text might have studied Islam but he clearly knows very little about homosexuality and / or AIDS or maybe he deliberately chose to make those irresponsible statements.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
As for your gay thing, read this,
quote:

A number of gay men in New York and San Francisco suddenly began to develop rare opportunistic infections and cancers that seemed stubbornly resistant to any treatment. At this time, AIDS did not yet have a name, but it quickly became obvious that all the men were suffering from a common syndrome.

This does not oppose what I wrote. You need to read more carefully before jumping to conclusions.
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
I dont think I am insulting you, im just trying make you realise what you are writing, and it is strating to get non-sense, honestly.

you say all these stuff,but on what basis, you only ever mention the internet, the internet.
in the internet you have organizations (some backed by academia), like the islam-qa and the avert.org..
then you have all these small little personal website, where people like you, with many conclusion and opinion are shown, without any factual evidence.

So i really think you should be careful where you pick your sources, cos it is really getttin to your head

quote:

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
This backs up what I wrote earlier and is from the link you posted. There's more valuable information on this site if you care to read ...

Nigeria:

80% of HIV infections in Nigeria are transmitted by heterosexual sex. Factors contributing to this include a lack of information about sexual health and HIV, low levels of condom use and high levels of STIs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea, which make it easier for the virus to be transmitted. Blood transfusions are responsible for 10% of all HIV infections. There is a high demand for blood because of road traffic accidents, blood loss from surgery and childbirth, and anaemia from malaria. As there is no coordinated national blood supply system, blood isn't routinely tested for HIV, and a study last year found that 4% of blood donors in Lagos were HIV positive. The remaining 10% of HIV infections are acquired through other routes such as mother-to-child transmission, homosexual sex and intjecting drug use. The rate of mother to child transmission in Nigeria has gone up in recent years as the number of HIV positive women has increased.

Zambia:

Most non-sexually transmitted HIV infections are passed from mother to child. Without access to preventative drugs, nearly 40% of HIV-positive mothers give birth to infected babies.

An estimated 30,000 infants contract the virus each year in Zambia, either during pregnancy, at the time of birth or while breast-feeding. Most of these children die before they are 5 years old. Around a half of all transmissions during pregnancy and birth could be avoided if every mother received a single dose of antiretroviral treatment.

Other transmission routes

Other mechanisms of transmission such as contaminated blood and reuse of needles are thought to be relatively insignificant but are nonetheless important. All district, provincial and central referral hospitals have blood transfusion facilities that screen for HIV. However, it is not certain that safety can be absolutely assured outside of the capital, Lusaka. People might also be put at risk by some traditional practices such as tatooing.

People at high risk of HIV infection

Women

In any discussion of Zambia's HIV and AIDS epidemic, the significance of gender inequality cannot be overstated. Men play a dominant role in most relationships, while women and girls are generally expected to be submissive. Females also have less access to education and mass media. As a result, women can lack the confidence, skills and knowledge necessary to negotiate safe relationships with men and to make independent lifestyle choices. Usually, a woman is taught that she must obey her husband and that it is wrong to refuse sex with him. Less than two-thirds of adults (of either gender) believe that a woman can refuse sex if she suspects that her husband has HIV.

Various aspects of traditional Zambian culture make women more vulnerable to HIV infection. Not least among these is sexual cleansing - a very common ritual in which a deceased man's relative has sex with his widow, in the belief that this will dispel evil forces. The HIV status of either person involved is usually not taken into consideration. Various alternative, risk-free rituals do exist, and traditional leaders in some areas have saved lives by encouraging change.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
your not really following anything today are

The topic is about gays, and the article mentioned how AIDS came about from gays.
another source mentioned that the origin of AIDS were from gay people....

your just outlining what problems gay causes in the world, and esp in africa....
they spread their dieases to poor people [Frown]

and ur still for gays....are u for AIDS in africa too?
therefore anyone who condems AIDS, condems gays,
And God already made that clear...
but you know humans....they think they too smart sometimes, and know what is best...

quote:

if you dont want to answer, then tell me, so i'll stop asking
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:

your just outlining what problems gay causes in the world, and esp in africa....
they spread their dieases to poor people [Frown]

Again you haven't read properly or not at all!

I am not outlining which problems gays are causing in the world, I pointed out that the spread of AIDS in Africa has nothing to do with gays. The information is from the link that you posted!

No, I'm not a muslim, but I also mentioned this several times before, if you bothered to read instead of just skimming people's posts you would know this as well.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
wow
ur not muslim [Eek!]
that's shocking....

thats explains alot

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
This explains a lot, too ... [Wink]

quote:

What is sunnah?

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kafir 4ever:

I'm actually quite shocked that people are openly suggesting some of my friends, neighbours, colleagues are worthless human beings and should be stoned to death.

I'm shocked that some people think they have the God-given right to determine who is a worthy human being and who is not.

I'm also shocked at the similarity of some people's views with the Nazi ideology. It's exactly that kind of thinking and the mindless, unquestioning belief in so-called authorities, paired with ignorance that led to the Holocaust.

Shame on some of you!

germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Dalia....... [Confused]
you are NOT a moslem.....
Actually [Cool] [Roll Eyes] ,
you believe in the one god and you believe in the last prophet as well...and in all other prophets... [Cool]
....then, yes, you are a moslem and you did not know....
mascha allah [Smile]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dalia....... [Confused]
you are NOT a moslem.....
Actually [Cool] [Roll Eyes] ,
you believe in the one god and you believe in the last prophet as well...and in all other prophets... [Cool]
....then, yes, you are a moslem and you did not know....
mascha allah [Smile]

Assalamu alaykum germansara!

Just a quick comment, being a Muslim is more than just a belief, it’s being prepared to submit to that belief and accept the rights and responsibilities that follow from testifying to that belief. Unless someone accepts to submit to the will of Allah, they are not a Muslim (which is, as you know, what the word Muslim means in Arabic).

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Helle newcomer,

I have been told, that a human who accept the one god and prophet mohammed (pbah) will have a BOOK to mention good and bad points.

At least that way a human has a chance.
Such people are moslems inscha allah, but, if they do not follow the orders, getting a haevy left book.
Can this be right ...

[Confused] [Cool]

newcomer
Member # 1056

Sorry, germansara, I can't confirm about that, one way or the other. Perhaps someone else can help if they have any sound evidence on this?
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
[Smile] sry
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I don't think we know that for a fact. Wait a few years and "psychologists" will come up with another theory.
Psychology and Psychiatry both treated Homosexuality as a mental disease, once upon a time.

Same with Judiasm, and Islam; whatever didn't fit the WASP agenda was a defect.

Arabs were considered to be mentally defective once upon a time, along with anyone who wasn't European.

It goes back to mapping skull shapes and the bumps on a person's head.

Look into our AE section of this forum, you'll see people rationalizing this so-called "science" to the hilt. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:

I have been told, that a human who accept the one god and prophet mohammed (pbah) will have a BOOK to mention good and bad points.

Sorry, but that sounds as if by speaking the shahada you receive a pay-card on which you collect points for paradise.
[Roll Eyes]

What value has a good deed if I only do it in order to gain points for paradise? And what value has abstaining from evil if I only do it because I'm afraid of burning in hell? Isn't it the intention behind something that counts?
[Confused]
Btw, that was the point I was trying to make earlier on with the poem I posted which was written by a very wise Muslim lady about 1200 years ago and is one of my favourites.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:

Sorry, but that sounds as if by speaking the shahada you receive a pay-card on which you collect points for paradise.
[Roll Eyes]

Every soul has a "pay-card" or a book, which their deeds are written, even you.

I heard that when one say his shahada, all his previous sin are wiped, and all those good deeds remain.

quote:

What value has a good deed if I only do it in order to gain points for paradise? And what value has abstaining from evil if I only do it because I'm afraid of burning in hell? Isn't it the intention behind something that counts?

IF you have an intention to do good, you gain one good deed.
if you had the intnetion and do the deed = 10 "points"
if you intent do to something bad, and you do it = 1 "point"
but if you intend to do bad but dont do it = 0 "points"

[Smile]

Source: somewhere in www.islam-qa.com

dream123456
Member # 9287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dream123456     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes]

[Confused]
Btw, that was the point I was trying to make earlier on with the poem I posted which was written by a very wise Muslim lady about 1200 years ago and is one of my favourites.

That's not true, no one gets any card to paradise you may work as hard to get there as you could until just before death you disbelive and ends up in hell, you may do it just for people saying you are doing that, and you got paid for that in your life you may do it for god's paying back (god will pay back), you may be fearful from hell (well actually this is why hell is there) ..
but if you do that just for god's love that's sure the most of all "for both we have never seen (paradise and hell)", this is the big winning and no paradise nor hell are compared to that, it is the big salvation.
No one and I mean no one can grantee for you paradise.
I guess what he was trying to do is just to give you a chance that when you meet god you might have bit of an excuse that you have followed his guidance for a second. I dunno exactly what he want but I guess he wants the best for you, and he don't even know you, isn't it good?

Posts: 1022 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com