EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » What does it mean to have freedom of speech?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What does it mean to have freedom of speech?
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one thing, it means you don't get arrested for speaking out no matter how "outrageous" your speech may be.

Ahmed Al-Baghdadi is a Kuwaiti intellectual. he was sentenced to a year in prison, paying a 2000 KD fine (7000$) and he had to sign a paper in which he promises no to return back to crime again!!

Let's see what Ahmed's crime was like.
Ahmed learnt that the government wanted to increase the hours of teaching Quran and Islamic religion in schools and that would be on the expense of the music class. So Ahmed "committed his crime" and wrote the following on Assiyasah (The Politics) newspaper:

Is there no end for this backwardness?

I don't want my son to receive lessons from some ignorant people who teach him to disrespect women, non Muslims and many others and I don't want those culturally retarded uneducated people who choose the curriculums to fill my son's head with myths about Satan.
And frankly speaking, I don't want my son to learn *"Tajweed" because I don't want him to become a cleric or a Quran reader, reading the verses over dark graves. I also want to protect him from the possibility of joining terrorism whether practically or mentally.

Bottom line is, I want my son to have a future that makes me proud of him, his knowledge, mentality and work and I don't want to have him raised and taught in a way that makes me ashamed of his doings in the future.
Is there no end for this backwardness? (Emphasis in the original.)

Americans are often oblivious to their freedoms. Because they enjoy them without interruption, they take them for granted. It's often difficult for them to believe that other people don't have those same freedoms. As Mohammed points out, speech is only a free as the government allows it to be.

Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kafir4 ever:
For one thing, it means you don't get arrested for speaking out no matter how "outrageous" your speech may be.

Ahmed Al-Baghdadi is a Kuwaiti intellectual. he was sentenced to a year in prison, paying a 2000 KD fine (7000$) and he had to sign a paper in which he promises no to return back to crime again!!

Let's see what Ahmed's crime was like.
Ahmed learnt that the government wanted to increase the hours of teaching Quran and Islamic religion in schools and that would be on the expense of the music class. So Ahmed "committed his crime" and wrote the following on Assiyasah (The Politics) newspaper:

Is there no end for this backwardness?

I don't want my son to receive lessons from some ignorant people who teach him to disrespect women, non Muslims and many others and I don't want those culturally retarded uneducated people who choose the curriculums to fill my son's head with myths about Satan.
And frankly speaking, I don't want my son to learn *"Tajweed" because I don't want him to become a cleric or a Quran reader, reading the verses over dark graves. I also want to protect him from the possibility of joining terrorism whether practically or mentally.

Bottom line is, I want my son to have a future that makes me proud of him, his knowledge, mentality and work and I don't want to have him raised and taught in a way that makes me ashamed of his doings in the future.
Is there no end for this backwardness? (Emphasis in the original.)

Americans are often oblivious to their freedoms. Because they enjoy them without interruption, they take them for granted. It's often difficult for them to believe that other people don't have those same freedoms. As Mohammed points out, speech is only a free as the government allows it to be.

Once he or she gets any of your DNA, I'd say the future of your child is pretty grim. You're a fanatic, obsessive, psychopath!

Get A Life!

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4 ever
Member # 8785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4 ever     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love you too
Posts: 597 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kafir why you ignore others and yourself?
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kafir4 ever:
I love you too

That's why I respect you more than butthead1000!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kaffir if you look at most of Africa you will find the same sort of thing. So it has nothing to do with religion as the countries in question are Christian. A farmer friend got deported from Zambia for saying the Zambians dont work as hard as others. Much more corrupt than any ME country you can find.
Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hassancheb:
Once he or she gets any of your DNA, I'd say the future of your child is pretty grim. You're a fanatic, obsessive, psychopath!

Get A Life!

The thought of Kafir reproducing, eeekk, I don't feel so good.....

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Freedom of speech: means that as long as you are responsible for what you say you can say anything kafir, it doesn't mean that you have to express your deep 'mal-ętre'.
You seem to take personnally the fact that other people suffer from not having freedom of speech.
Do you feel sometimes that there was things you wanted to say you didn't say?

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is that children in America can't read a bible or a Torah or a Quran in school but they can in prison?

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
Why is that children in America can't read a bible or a Torah or a Quran in school but they can in prison?

That's a good point. Also, why do prisoners get free cable, gym membership, and healthcare? Hmmm

Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
That's a good point. Also, why do prisoners get free cable, gym membership, and healthcare? Hmmm

To prevent riots.

Honestly.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:

Facts about American Prisons:

* nearly 2 million americans are
incarcerated in the prison system
of the US

* The percentage of americans in the
prison system, has doubled since 1985

* One of 3 African American men in the US will go to prison in their lifetimes. This figure does not include jail, parole, or probation.

* It costs more to send a person to prison for a year than to Harvard University for a year.

* Of the 45 women on Death Row nationwide in 1993, almost half (approximately 49%) had a history of abuse and are there for the murder of an abusive spouse or lover. Most women imprisoned for killing an abusive partner are first-time offenders.

* Self-defense is involved approximately 7 times more frequently when women kill men than when men kill women. Over one-half of al women murdered are killed by a spouse or partner.

* The rate at which women are incarcerated is faster than men and women are the highest growing sector of the entire prison population. But this is not due to increases in more serious criminal behavior. In 1979, women were sent to prison for nonviolent crimes roughly 49% of the time. In 1986, women were sent to prison for nonviolent crimes roughly 59% of the time. In 1991, women were sent to prison for nonviolent crimes roughly 70% of the time.

* The US currently cages more people of color per capita than any other nation.

[This message has been edited by Nooralhaq20055 (edited 24 October 2005).]

Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because we have a mixed culture in America. Public schools are for learning about math, science, history, art, language..not about religion. That should be kept to the church, mosque, temple, etc. and to individual families.

quote:

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snapdragon:
Because we have a mixed culture in America. Public schools are for learning about math, science, history, art, language..not about religion. That should be kept to the church, mosque, temple, etc. and to individual families.

But the issue is why are they allowed in prisons but not in schools, jails are public and have a mixture of culture, and in jail you are there to learn to be a decent member of soceity and 'do your time'....so once you get there, you can read about religion but before, NO ??

Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this would have to do with age. As a child, we should not be pushed to "join" or "believe" something so special as religion. That is something that should be private and only for family to be a part of.

As adults, we are supposed to be mature and make our own decisions and take responsibilty for our actions. (well some people) Some of the fools in the prison actually think if they get a "god" while they are locked up, maybe they will be forgiven for their crimes/sins.

quote:
But the issue is why are they allowed in prisons but not in schools, jails are public and have a mixture of culture, and in jail you are there to learn to be a decent member of soceity and 'do your time'....so once you get there, you can read about religion but before, NO ??

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Snapdragon:
I believe this would have to do with age. As a child, we should not be pushed to "join" or "believe" something so special as religion. That is something that should be private and only for family to be a part of.

As adults, we are supposed to be mature and make our own decisions and take responsibilty for our actions. (well some people) Some of the fools in the prison actually think if they get a "god" while they are locked up, maybe they will be forgiven for their crimes/sins.

Interesting....I wonder how many would never have made it to prison if the initial rule was not in affect?

Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm why? so many muslim in jail 70% !!!!!
Religion did not help them

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
Hmm why? so many muslim in jail 70% !!!!!
Religion did not help them

please supply us with your stats, and in English please, confucious say: go back to school

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
please supply us with your stats, and in English please, confucious say: go back to school

Yeah, I know. What does this mean? 700 million Muslims are in jail????

If you can decifer it, let me know.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Lol not only that but 70% of which country?! If he's talking about Saudi Arabia I would laugh lol

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com