EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Politics » The West... Sad & shocked

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The West... Sad & shocked
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys... I hope I will be able to explain myself the best I can writing all my thoughts & feelings in English

I used to look up to the west who seemed to be the symbols of equality, freedom, democracy, humanity, honesty, hard work, civilization, culture, development.... you name it

But I'm am shocked & sad more & more everyday when I am faced with the fact that all the great qualities mentioned above are only practiced among themselves, even animals have rights. Would they dare be racist to a black or a jew?
But with us they practice racisim, oppression, ignorance, terrorism, rape etc.... To them we "The Arabs" are reduced to something like a dirty place where they dump all their **** on us... morally & materially. It is were they perform all crimes against humanity that they won't dare do in their own countires. They clearly have Double standards.

The west are ignornat not because they don't know but because they choose not to... They have all the means to know the truth.... But if the truth is not with them then it is against them. They have hidden agendas other than peace & the number one thing on their To Do List is to Kill....

Bush said "if you are not with us then you are aginst us" god I hated that sentence.... They kill us to fight terrorism... but isn't what they are doing is pure terrorism? And when we talk back or fight back we are against them, hence we are terrorists.

"Live & let Die" this is their hidden agenda. All they want is our oil, our resourses, our land and god knows what else, maybe our women.

Why why why??? why do they hate us? They don't have to like us & honestly we couldn't care less but they must leave us alone... Live & let live.

God protect us all from the evils of the west

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]
I think you're right.
No consolation, but I suspect you are not the 'enemy', [there isn't one really is there] just the target.

I am sometimes so ashamed to be English. Punishment I guess for the times I used to thank God i wasn't American.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe punishment for those of us who used to thank God we ARE Americans. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delamer
Member # 11567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for delamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that you would find that most intelligent westerners do know the truth or atleast have a good idea of the truth behind the smoke screen reasons that our media machine feeds us. However even if we do not agree with our government and the things that they are doing what exactly can we do about it?

In America you can't even vote the guy out!

Jessie, I too am sometimes ashamed to be British.

Cinematic, Please do not feel hatred towards all westerners, in reality you would find that there is only a small percentage of people worldwide that would agree with what is going on. Unfortunately that small percentage are called 'politicians' and they call the shots.

Posts: 29 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY WHAT GOING ON HERE IVE JUST CHECKED MY POSTS AND WHEN I ACCESS THIS ONE AND ITS GOT ME HAS I STRTED THIS THREAD AND ITS GOT CINIMATIC AT THE TOP ,OI WHAT IS GOING ON AND I HADNT ASNWERED TO IT UNTIL NOW ,SO WHOS TOOK MY NAME I WANT TO KNOW NOW OR HACKING MY NAME OR COMING INTO MY PROFILE THIS IS THE 5ONE TONIGHT ...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
View Recent Posts: r.i.p.R all posts | topics started |
Topic Forum Date
1 EARTH EXSPLODED !!!!!!!!!!! (post #0) Politics 07 August, 2006
2 zionists (post #0) Religion 06 August, 2006
3 thats my goal (post #0) Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat 05 August, 2006
4 the person who u trusted with your life u find he had affair (post #0) Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat 05 August, 2006
5 Jessie, have you been able to find romer's egypt yet? (post #0) Politics 05 August, 2006
6 The West... Sad & shocked (post #0) Politics 05 August, 2006
7 muslims in europe (post #0)

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you have to hit the "add reply" button after you type something ripr...

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes sad shocked
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:
you have to hit the "add reply" button after you type something ripr...

WHAT U TAKNG ABOUT I JUST SAID SUMONE ELSES THREADS THAT THEY STRTED ARE APPEARING IN MY TOPICS THAT R STRTED THAT TOPIC WAS LONG BEFORE I ANSWERED IT ,AND GUESS WHAT ITS HAPPENING AGAIN AND SOME TOPICS I DID LAST WEEK ARE APPEARING WITH A NOTHER NAME I SHANT SAY WHO SO IM REPORTING IT TO SAMY ... [Confused]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you don't know history, you don't know anything. You are like a leaf that doesn't know that it is part of a tree.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meret-Siger
Member # 11607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meret-Siger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cinematic, I am sorry for the pain and outrage you feel. In these dark times, I realize that it's difficult not to suffer such emotions. However, I hope that you open your heart and realize that the people of the "West" are not inherently evil. We are, for the most part, good folks that want nothing but a future of peace for the world, just as those citizens of the Middle East do.

Having recently returned from a trip to Egypt, a country I have a very deep love for, as well as for its people; as I watch the news and hear of this new chapter of turmoil in the Middle East, I am freshly worried that the gulf between our cultures will grow even wider. I witness all this and ask myself, "What can -I- do?" I didn't vote for Bush. Over 70% of America despises both our President and his Administration. But what can we do?

The only answer I seem to arrive at in regard to what action I can personally take, is to dedicate myself to a refusal to spread the hate, intolerance, racism and fear. To refuse to believe the lies proliferated by my current government about the Middle East and the people who call those beautiful lands 'home'. I would only wish that they might give me the same benefit of the doubt.

No government is innocent of spreading propaganda to further its agendas. None. Not in the West, nor in the East. No government is innocent of atrocities. No government is innocent of using convenient social structures, like religion, to achieve ends through means that God certainly would never approve of.

What is happening now is sad, and horrifying, and so is the whole of human history as we struggle toward unity and understanding. This is how I see it, at any rate.

Posts: 1 | From: Planet Earth | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cinematic:

God protect us all from the evils of the west

Stop oil dependancy and most problems solved.

When the greatest commodity in the world is in your neck of the woods, you cannot expect to be treated as anything more than a commodity.

I agree half-way with your initial post, but if the west had oil and the Arab East had freedom(partially, not in all ways), sturdy economy, opportunity and a diversity of natural resources; then naturally we'd be in opposite seats.

Its human nature we have to contend with, loads of variables propel the situation to what it is now.

Remember some of the most evil, vengeful and spiteful politicians (colonizers and opportunitist leaders alike) used the situation to their personal advantage in the Arab East. I've read about the history of the "Great Game" and I must say the most unbecoming statesmen has graced the last century in the Arab East. Arab and Westerners alike.

Now its time to attract westerners of awesome virtue to Arab East diplomacy and propel the most talented and modest Arab leaders to the forefront (usually someone who just falls into leadership and doesn't seek it).

Its time to make changes on both sides of the fence. [Frown]

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that the american soldiers should have abused the Iraqi people and I think that most arabs are not terrorists, but I do think that some religious leaders should not go and make war, either. Al-quada needs to be stopped.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, some americans kill to stop terrorism, but even if some americans didn't do that, some al-queda members would be terrorists anyway. Even if america provokes them sometimes, that is not always the case. There would be some terrorism even if america did not do that. The arabs are not always at fault, though.
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
The west and the arabs are both to blame. They need to stop abusing each other.
concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Bush and the arab leaders both need to quit fighting back and forth.
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys thanks for your replies.. I am glad to see that many westerners understand us. I don't hate westerners, in fact I have many friends from here & there & everywhere ... How can I hate my friends?
Yes I forgot to mention an extremely important point; our Abusive Arab Leaders .... I could't agree more with you on that .... They are the main cause of our misfortunes. Imagine your mother abuses you & humiliates you in private & in public... who would respect you then?

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Al Qaeda do not represent islam or arabs.... they are a minority & a terrorist org using islam as a reason, giving them a bad name just like any other western terrorist org in the world.... & when they kill they kill all... not a muslim or a christian in particular. A terrorist is a terrorist whether moslim or christian
WalterMcClendon
Member # 11664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WalterMcClendon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or zionist

sorry

--------------------
If you always do what you always done, you will always get what you always got. Wake up!

Posts: 3 | From: US | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for POW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fact is, the majority of Jews in Israel do NOT know how they got to be "Israelis" other than the propaganda their government has fed them. The same is true about Americans. They have no real knowledge about the formation of the U.S. and the covert activities of the U.S. over a very long period of time that contributed to their well-being at the expense of others.

Some people, when they discover these truths say "well, what can I do? It's not my fault." Well, obviously, after a couple hundred years in any country there isn't much that can be done to reverse injustice. We can't just give the U.S. back to the Native Americans, we can't just send all the African Americans back to Africa, or the English Americans to England, the Frence Americans to France, or the German Americans to Germany. Too much water has passed under the bridge.

But, that is NOT the case in Israel. There IS a possibility for a JUST solution. Modern European and American Jews do not belong in the Middle East. Period.

The land was stolen by an Evil doublecross on the part of England and given to the Zionists as part of another evil doublecross to use their influence to drag the U.S. into WW I. Everything that happened during WW II was designed to populate Israel with the most conscienceless and psychologically deviant Jews available. It was to this end that the Zionists collaborated with the Nazis. Careful culling and selection of those Jews that were to die vs those that would be sent to Israel was undertaken and there is documentary evidence that this is so.

My suggestion to right this terrible wrong is quite simple: All Jews in Israel should either return to their homeland of origin or the homeland of their parents or grand-parents, or - if otherwise qualified - to wherever else in the U.S. or Europe they might prefer to relocate, and simply give ALL of Palestine back to the Palestinians. Period.

The "foreign aid" that is used to bolster the Israeli economy could be channeled instead to helping them relocate, provide housing and moving expenses and temporary support until they get jobs. All the buildings and infrastructure of Israel should be passed intact to the Palestinians as a form of reparation with additional funds to help them get their economy going.

The whole world seems to be on the verge of a World War for a piece of real estate no bigger than New Jersey which is absurd in the extreme. If the Jews really want to hang out together exclusively, then give them New Jersey. They won't have to "defend" themselves from people who are REALLY defending their rights to live on the land that their ancestors have lived on for over a thousand years.

Posts: 209 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"All Jews in Israel should either return to their homeland of origin or the homeland of their parents or grand-parents, or - if otherwise qualified - to wherever else in the U.S. or Europe they might prefer to relocate, and simply give ALL of Palestine back to the Palestinians."

At last, the unthinkable is being thought about.
I have read that many Israelis are going back to the US or wherever.Disillusioned, bored, scared for their sons in the IDF, many reasons.
We hear a lot of rhetoric, ie. Israel will nuke the world rather than give up the land etc, but their people can vote with their feet.
Hopeless that any country, [or UN] could order the expulsion of Jews from Israel; Neither could they accept being citezens of a democratic Palestinian state,and withdrawal of aid... maybe a dangerous dog would turn on its master if it was hungry.
Media. Israel is fed by good publicity. Enough truthful accounts of the history of the Israeli terror state,its effect on peace in the region, and even the blindfolded US would say 'enough already', 'we paid already'.
Most Israeli people are smart enough to know that they cannot stand alone, many of them are wondering if they are the Israel platoon of the American war machine, and bad news may affect the economy if boycotts of Israeli products really start to bite.
A truly multicultural Palestinian state, Jews Muslims, Christians, nothings, all equal, all working together for a prosperous and peaceful country. Wouldn't that be a good dream? Most Arab countries would accept and embrace that.Palestinian Jews would be welcome anywhere in the region.
May we live long enough to see it realised.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm, you looked up to the "West" then you decided the "West" is bad.... pretty deep. Now, just out of curiosity, and I mean that honestly, have you ever been to this evil land?
Is Venezuela, with its MASSIVE oil fields and deeply anti-American leader part of the "West?"
Or do you mean the "Northwest?"
Is Japan part of the "West" with its support of some American policies and its evil fashion shows and Barbie dolls?
Do you hate the fact that you can, still to this day, live in Boston and wear a galabeya and a huge beard and not be arrested and tortured by the police? I kinda like that part.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
There is NOTHING wrong with Venezuela.Hugo Chavez is a decent person. A Socialist leader fairly elected. He does good stuff for the poor. He hates America. The US tried to discredit him by hiring a taxi driver to murder people at a political rally.Promised him money and a green card.
They got a lot of oil is all.
Leave them alone, or deal with them fairly. That's about all rthe world wants from the 'west'.
As for Muslims in the US , yes you can hang around with a big beard and a koran. Until the FBI disappears you one dark night.

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"As for Muslims in the US , yes you can hang around with a big beard and a koran. Until the FBI disappears you one dark night."
Jessie, I think you are talking about Egypt there. But I will let you know if any of my loved ones here disappear from being fundamentalists. Highly doubt it.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
POW, You can not reverse the damage that was done years & centuries ago but now that you "Americans" know the truth you can change how you behave in the present & the future to aviod repeating the same mistakes of the past.
And relocating the Isreali Jews back to their oiginal hamelands in Europe or whereever is not gonna happen ever, not on their dead bodies, though it sounds like the best solution... they are the most stubborn pig-headed people in the world.

QUEENBEE, I have been to the States & visited the twin towers by the way & the 9/11 event was too shocking to me. And I also went around europe several times.
By the way I don't wear a galabey or a veil, not my mother nor my grandmother or even 1 person I know nor does any man I know has a beard, I only see those people in the street.
Have you ever visited our land???? have you seen what the people of my land look like... you will be surprised because we are pretty diverse... extremely diverse you won't understand it. There is a good percentage of Egyptians & Arabs who are very modern wearing bikinis, low waist tight jeans, low cut shirts & all that just like you girls. Have you watched the Lebanese channels? have you seen what the women look like & what they wear? they are gorgeous & almost naked, they are exactly like latin Americans free, fun loving & hot.
I wouldn't go live in the States or anywhere in the world where i'd be treated like a second degree or second class citizen.... i'd rather live in my own country where i am a queen & treated like one, where I am rich & famous & not to be treated like some terrorist & anyway when i travel to the west nobody would tell that I am an arab, not my looks, not my clothes, not my accent nothing... if i go to Germany they think I am German but when i talk they'd think I'm English, if i go to the states they think I am American but with my non-American accent they think im French. And i would be treated like all the whites are treated around the world becasue my skin can be fairer than yours but still i am a moslem Arab & damn too proud of it!!!!

Yet, I consider myself a citizen of the world

The answer to your question, the ugly west is the American & the european or non-european countries that follow the American policies.

By the way, If i were a moslem with a beard & a galabey living in the US and not get arrested for it still isn't enough not to feel the injustice... you can be an american living in Egypt or any Arab country & still be safe although how hated Americans are by the arabs. it is all the same.... but still there is risk for both

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
By the way globalization is not what i'm against or consuming American goods or copying their life style or habbits or whatever that i m not sure how to explain, is not what I'm against ... i'm not against having barby dolls, American films, Mc Donalds & American fast food chains invading my country, Yahoo & AOl, speaking English. I'm against the double standards & abuse if the west.... just so you know.

It's good to take the good of the west, nobody would hate that but not the evil of the west

--------------------
cinematic

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Sorry, but I just read this somewhere, in response to some guy trying to say that the IDF can still scare the pants off the Middle East. Made me laugh.

"Is that the army whose reservists coming back from Lebanon had to hand over their rifles to those who were going in? Apparently they did not have enough amunition either.

Is that the army whose supply stores were found empty in Israel?

Is that the army for which was not provided supply & food in Lebanon?

Is that the army to whom their chief in Israel said if in Lebabon they can steal food from the Lebanese stores?

As for their emeritus leaders:

The Chief of the army is inside stock dealer,
The Premier is a financial swindler,
The President is a sex maniac,
et. etc......

All reported by Haaretz"

The USA doesn't like losers, they got enough of them of their own hiding out in barracks in Iraq and Afghanistan.They must be wondering what Israel spent all those US tax dollars on.

ARROW99
Member # 11614

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARROW99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie, Many arabs have brought much of that on themselves by acting like thoughtless barbarians.
Though there are many good people in the region many others are infected with a hopeless set of fascist views they wish to oppose on others. Frankly many of us are weary of their complaints and losing patience wirth their problems. At one time I was a strong supporter of a Palestinian state, that is no longer the case. The Palestinian government is right where it belongs, begind bars.

Posts: 904 | From: Texana | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

What does it take to wake people up to respond and pull together? Who's the Criminal? Israel....? George Bush... or the American People standing around watching them Rape the World...while ignoring the screams...
Who really is the criminal here? How much more are they going to have to see...to know to take action, all actions....NOW.

Get real. [Roll Eyes]

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Yes Wake up

--------------------
cinematic

katangah
Member # 11586

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katangah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Who's the Criminal? Israel....? George Bush... or the American People standing around watching them Rape the World...while ignoring the screams...
Who really is the criminal here? [Roll Eyes]

Urban II [Wink]
Posts: 217 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star trek
Member # 11683

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for star trek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by concernedforwomen:
True, some americans kill to stop terrorism, but even if some americans didn't do that, some al-queda members would be terrorists anyway. Even if america provokes them sometimes, that is not always the case. There would be some terrorism even if america did not do that. The arabs are not always at fault, though.

True, there was an al Qaeda plot in Birmingham to blow up Britain back in 2000-before 9/11, let alone the war in Iraq. Similarly, jihadi attacks on the U.S. began 22 years before 9/11 with the Iran embassy hostage crisis in 1979, followed by two decades of further attacks.
Posts: 45 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star trek
Member # 11683

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for star trek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by r.i.p.R:
HEY WHAT GOING ON HERE IVE JUST CHECKED MY POSTS AND WHEN I ACCESS THIS ONE AND ITS GOT ME HAS I STRTED THIS THREAD AND ITS GOT CINIMATIC AT THE TOP ,OI WHAT IS GOING ON AND I HADNT ASNWERED TO IT UNTIL NOW ,SO WHOS TOOK MY NAME I WANT TO KNOW NOW OR HACKING MY NAME OR COMING INTO MY PROFILE THIS IS THE 5ONE TONIGHT ...

[Big Grin]
Posts: 45 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
ah shut up stardust ,no words for the mighty star trek ,its gob as big as ur CRAK!!!!!!!!! [Smile] [Smile]
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going back to the 70's and only pointing the finger at muslims and arabs for being terorrists is a bit Not looking at the whole picture. Wot about the IRA (that recieved funding from the USA), or ETA. And other catholic organisations, they were never attacked in public like islam is. Most wars have religion as a back drop, but Islam, muslims and arabs tend to scare the ordinary person in the street as they have limited information. unless they visist different countries and see for themselves or conduct research they tend to be very secular in their views. The stereotype for a muslim arab used to be quite appalling, BUT thank God the arabs themselves have managed to prove this label to be untrue, the same applies for muslim women. People tend to forget, that different people intrepret the quran differently and it also depends as to who is teaching, guiding young people. Maybe it's time that arabs and muslims try to educate people, air their views. As opposed to the western media portraying muslims and arabs as terorrists. Can anyone see the erorr in this word TERORRIST?
Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
THIS ENGLAND ...TERRIOSM hah hah !!!has lost its meaning

Wednesday, November 16, 2005
"Two legs: good. Two wheels: terrorist suspect"
From the "beyond satire" file. Back in May, but only reported in the Press last month, a woman was arrested under the Terrorism Act in Dundee for walking on a public cycle path between Broughty Ferry and Dundee through the dockside. She was held in a cop shop for several hours as a "terrorist suspect" before being released, and only recently was informed that the Procurator Fiscal wasn't going to prosecute her. Said the harbourmaster of Dundee Port:

"We contacted the police in regards to this matter because the woman was in a secure area which forbids people walking. It was seen as a security risk. We were following guidelines in requirement with the port security plan set up by the Government."

So, it's ok to cycle along the path as slow as you like, but walk and you're a "security risk". Presumably the authorities figure that a terrorist couldn't case the docks for an attack whilst cycling by. What this means is that a puncture could turn you from a stand-up citizen into a terrorist suspect.

Funny, I'm sure that we were assured by the Dear Leader and Big Scrotum that terrorism legislation would only be used in cases of, well, terrorism...

Partly inspired by this shining example of sinister State lunacy,

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
The official White House claim before the invasion of what the war and occupation would cost U.S. taxpayers: $50 billion

As of July 2006, the total amount appropriated by Congress for Bush's ongoing war and occupation: $295,634,921,248

Current Pentagon spending per month in Iraq: $8 billion (or $185,185.19 per minute)

Don't any of you ever think its less about hate and fear and more about getting Cheney/Rice/Rumsfelt/Bush rich? Or is the average American getting big bucks and cheap gas out of this 'crusade'?
Thought not.

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ARROW99:
Jessie, Many arabs have brought much of that on themselves by acting like thoughtless barbarians.
Though there are many good people in the region many others are infected with a hopeless set of fascist views they wish to oppose on others. Frankly many of us are weary of their complaints and losing patience wirth their problems. At one time I was a strong supporter of a Palestinian state, that is no longer the case. The Palestinian government is right where it belongs, begind bars.

Bugger Off

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com