This is topic CNN Special on Egypt: Test Case for Democracy in forum Politics at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000652

Posted by Snoozin (Member # 6244) on :

CNN Presents,

Sunday Night, at 8pm Eastern Time, US

Posted by Tiger,Tiger (Member # 9196) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
CNN Presents,

I saw that it was quite interesting...Did you Snoozin?

Posted by Snoozin (Member # 6244) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger,Tiger:

I watched the last half of it...I do have it recorded on DVR though.

Posted by sonomod (Member # 3864) on :

quote:
quote:
CNN Presents,

Please, I am a soul without cable. Please fill me in on what the special was about. I'd love to hear it.

I mean CNN has to be the least impartial robber-barons of the news networks. [Roll Eyes]

Posted by Tiger,Tiger (Member # 9196) on :

quote:
quote:

I watched the last half of it...I do have it recorded on DVR though.

dO YOU THINK IF THE BROTHERHOOD GAIN ENOUGH SEATS IN THE PARLEMENT ..THERE WILL BE DEMOC...

Posted by The only Mahamadoca (Member # 9643) on :

Well , i do think so , The brotherhood has changed some of their fundamental ideologies to become a part in the democratic process..
and despite this , the National democratic party (NDP) still wants all the seats (or at least a huge majority) for itself , so that they don`t feel "threatened" in the parliament ,
Currently , the NDP only need 75 more seats to have a majority that makes them able to pass decisions , and they don`t face a decision for withdrawing trust from the government (which is ALL NDP)
well , another thing is that , this elections shows clearly that the Mulsim Brotherhood is greatly supported by the people..
if u look closely, they entered with only 150 candidate , in the 1st stage , they got 34 seats by entering with 50 candidates (that is huge) ,the NDP on the other hand , entered elections with TOO many candidates , full number NDP , and some "reserve" (non-NDP, but if they win , they join NDP)
Honestly , i think if these elections were more clear , the brotherhood would win EVERY seat they have candidate for..
thx for the thread [Smile]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com