EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » This is a long shot...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is a long shot...
Lesley
Member # 14033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lesley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope someone can help. Just got back from Sharm for the second time and this year have heard a song almost every day, on dive boats, taxis, McDonalds even at the airport waiting to come home. It's a very upbeat kind of song with a lovely tune... I seem to recall the word "habibi" - but I could be wrong.

Its a long shot I know but would love to get my hands on this song as it would bring back great memories of a wonderful holiday

Hope someone can help i'm trawling youtube rather blindly.

Thanks in advance [Smile]

Posts: 6 | From: Llanelli | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lesley, is the artist male or female?
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was it a male or female i might be able to help u

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lesley
Member # 14033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lesley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaargh the tune has totally gone from my head now [Embarrassed] ( I think it was a man, but with my memory it could well of been a woman.

Sorry for being so useless. I should of asked someone whilst I was there. It seemed very popular whatever it is.

Thanks both though for offering to help.

Posts: 6 | From: Llanelli | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah its ok dont worry about it
check this one out and tell me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWA_U150wTw

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lesley
Member # 14033

Rate Member
Hi - lovely song, but thats not the one. The one I am looking for is much faster (but not too fast).

Someone suggested Amr Diab - Habibi - similar sort of speed to that but not the right song.

The search continues

Thanks

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
u just got back from sharm by the way i was there for last month was doing some work on the new airport but at the airport they play budda bar most of the time
so it must be new song because thats the mentality of guys there to play new songs as freaks
hummmmm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zT7HMlFlmo

check this out

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

Lesley
Member # 14033

Rate Member
I HAVE heard that one before, but thats still not the right one. I am going to try and get in touch with the dive master who was on the boat see if he has any idea. I have been scouring through youtube too, still no luck [Frown]

Really appreciate your help though

Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
was it smiler same voice same singer i mean?

--------------------
-- Zenna Schaffer
-- Josh Billings

Lesley
Member # 14033

Rate Member
Hi thank you thank you thank you for your help. The singer is indeed Amr Diab, the song is Rohy Mertahalak. Have no idea what it means but the tune is soooo catchy [Embarrassed] ) and brings back great memories from Sharm.

Cheers

Lesley

Ramesses
Member # 13179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramesses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Soul Is Happy With You (Rou7y Merta7alak)

My soul is happy with you
My heart left me to call you
One word I say to you
From the first day I met you

I have never seen your beauty
I swear my soul is within you

Without introduction, I found in your eyes all my dreams
I already love you, and adored you, and I say in front of everyone

One word I say to you

How can I describe and what can I say
A feeling that I can’t tolerate
You’re an angel, wherever are you taking me
I am always gonna be with you

One word I say to you

link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/22648384/afdf095b/06TaLaKeKCom_Ro7y_Merta7alak.html

Posts: 552 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard this song in Cairo alot last week, it's very catchy. Are there any other similar ones? new or old?
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com