EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Egyptian Belly dancer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Belly dancer
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..with class!

Nisma..

-

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't heard of her. Can you tell me more about her? Where is she from? Where does she dance??

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
orange hair, pink skirt and a bra. CLAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSY!

[Smile]

Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Satanme....why do you say she's an Egyptian bellydancer??? [Confused]
There are lots of bellydancers around the world of different nationalities,and even if she was dancing Egyptian style that does not make her Egyptian(nationality,i mean).

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nisma is Egyptian born and bred.
Her style of dance is Egyptian.
She has many costumes which enhance her dance.
She performs particularly at weddings and private functions.
She performed at mine and was so good.
I have been pretty shocked seeing some dancers here at weddings..one had the groom on the floor and she danced over his face..pure degrading!
She is defo the one to book if you want an artist not a pole dancer as many seem to be!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
I have been pretty shocked seeing some dancers here at weddings..one had the groom on the floor and she danced over his face..pure degrading!
She is defo the one to book if you want an artist not a pole dancer as many seem to be!

Thumbs up for her,then! [Smile]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumbula2
Member # 11665

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumbula2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

did you just recently get married?
Posts: 140 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salexian
Member # 13086

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salexian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If she is an Egyptian belly dancer, then she is not wearing an Egyptian costume and, if the photo was taken in Egypt, then she is breaking the law. Egyptian belly dancers must keep their bellies covered. It can be covered in a trtansparent material or rows of swinging beads, but it must be covered. Same goes for the nape of the neck.

--------------------
He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger.

Posts: 161 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The costume looks Egyptian to me and the designers in Egypt make many different styles so it is hard to say from looking at it from the back that it is not Egyptian . . . and I see lots of costumes that don't have a belly cover on them. So do they not follow that old law anymore?? Back to my videos again which show many Egyptian (and other) dancers in Cairo, LOL!!
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
No,absolutely.They don`t follow that old rule of covering bellies anymore in Cairo. [Cool]

*waving cbrbddd here from Sashy*

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
here at weddings..one had the groom on the floor and she danced over his face..pure degrading!
[/QB]

OMG, really? in Egypt? never saw that before... but anyways I dont go to weddings that often
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
quote:
here at weddings..one had the groom on the floor and she danced over his face..pure degrading!

OMG, really? in Egypt? never saw that before... but anyways I dont go to weddings that often [/QB]
Weddings can be depressing sometimes [Big Grin] [Razz]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[/QB]

I would have to kill a biiiiaaatch.
[Cool]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:

I would have to kill a biiiiaaatch.
[Cool] [/QB]

[Eek!]

Satan, you probably mixed this up with a bachelor party! But - how did you enter?! [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] IF a woman danced over my husbands face I would severly injure her, if he allowed it I would castrate him.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just found that picture on Daily Star Egypt and I thought it was awesome funny!

-

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

imagine the dripping wax! [Eek!]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
imagine the dripping wax! [Eek!]

Yeah, this could lead to some confusion! [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

of course she could be a freak and like it....
I don't know, I just don't get the entire Bellydancer mentality. I mean to do it at home in private for your husband or something, ok I get that. I just can't wrap my mind around wanting to do it for a career in public to strangers, etc. IMO

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
please add:

..... in a Muslim country.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I just found that picture on Daily Star Egypt and I thought it was awesome funny!

-

Shamadan is a famous dance done at weddings . . . usually the dancer with the Shamadan is leading the wedding party . . maybe as part of the zeffa . . . sort of lighting the way to a new life.
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
No,absolutely.They don`t follow that old rule of covering bellies anymore in Cairo. [Cool]

Hey!!! cbrbddd waving back at Sashy!!! LOL!!
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:

Hey!!! cbrbddd waving back at Sashy!!! LOL!!
*whispering to cbrbdd*
Yaaa know...there's some work to be done here [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for real_dude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have no good ones in Hurghada ..
only lil gurls who ran away from their lil towns and cities ..they use them and start hiring them as belly dancers....no real art in here

Posts: 340 | From: hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by real_dude:
we have no good ones in Hurghada ..
only lil gurls who ran away from their lil towns and cities ..they use them and start hiring them as belly dancers....no real art in here

Heyy,Real_Dude
Do you have any favorite bellydancer in Egypt that you consider good?I mean,seriously good dancer. [Cool]

real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for real_dude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Shams ..she got some skills.....
but no body is good now ..
its just some titts and butts shaking ...
Alex got some good ones though

Posts: 340 | From: hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
I like Shams ..she got some skills.....
but no body is good now ..
its just some titts and butts shaking ...
Alex got some good ones though

Tell me were this Shams dances,and any other good ones you know in Alex.I like to watch good dancers perform when i visit Egypt,but i admit there are not that many good ones.

[Frown] [Roll Eyes]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya Dude for your being a young Egyptian man living in Hurghada, I like and respect your non-desperate non-drooly attitude.

Proves me wrong for once. I'm proud of you wallahi.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
thanks MK ...I just hang around to see yall ..
how ya doing and stuffs...
am always here for good friends....

LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half naked hoochie women shaking their bits in front of strangers.

And one with a candelabra on her head.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
its Art ya LovedOne and part of the culure too..
like strippers in the states and its a part of the american culture ..

seabreeze
Member # 10289

LOL strippers in the states are not considered art (except to desperate drunk men in their mid-life crisis'). [Big Grin]
I agree it's part of the culture but the class level of belly dancers is not what it used to be, the ones I see today are pretty trashy IMO.
Bring back the ones egypt used to have back in the day, I see them on TV a lot, they were a lot different. [Wink]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

-

Shamadan is a famous dance done at weddings . . . usually the dancer with the Shamadan is leading the wedding party . . maybe as part of the zeffa . . . sort of lighting the way to a new life.
Thanks for this part of information. I just think marriage is totally overrated..... I am sure many would like to go and stay in the dark if they would have known before..... [Big Grin]
real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
quote:
LOL strippers in the states are not considered art (except to desperate drunk men in their mid-life crisis'). [Big Grin]
I agree it's part of the culture but the class level of belly dancers is not what it used to be, the ones I see today are pretty trashy IMO.
Bring back the ones egypt used to have back in the day, I see them on TV a lot, they were a lot different. [Wink]

am just bein sarcastic ...cause an AMERICAN is trying to ask us how come we watch half naked women shaking thierr body ..?
AMERICA still has so many nudity issues to be discussed on american forums ...

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

am just bein sarcastic ...cause an AMERICAN is trying to ask us how come we watch half naked women shaking thierr body ..?
AMERICA still has so many nudity issues to be discussed on american forums ...

You go,real_dude!!!! [Wink]

*insert some clapping here*

seabreeze
Member # 10289

yea, as americans we do have nudity issues [Razz]
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd call her a hoochie mamma if she was in the U.S. as well.
I'm not sure why anyone would think that strippers are well thought of, wherever they live. [Confused]
And anyone who is half naked and shaking their bits around in front of strange men, is in my opinion, a hoochie mamma! [Razz]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
thats right..
real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
belly dancing was is a part of our culture since we were kids ..we grew up every body like it..
if it took another path that is not our fault ..its the show business...
through my business life only 2 never stay out of business...
show business and hoe business.....
now ya see the link...

LovedOne
Member # 10222

It's fine that it's part of your culture.
All I'm saying, is that in my opinion, anyone who does that is a hoochie mamma.

It's a matter of morals, and it seems that mine differ from many others.

Maybe way back when, everyone thought it was okay.
Times change, people change, morals change.

I'm not saying it should be outlawed, but do you think I would ever have a belly dancer at my wedding? Not in a million years, and my fiance agrees about that.
I wouldn't even go to a wedding that had one.

Whatever anyone else wants to do is up to them.

real_dude
Member # 8607

Rate Member
ok Sashyra is ready to go for your weddin instead of ya .we have a substitute ...lol
seabreeze
Member # 10289

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nizt2oEtHl8
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
ok Sashyra is ready to go for your weddin instead of ya .we have a substitute ...lol

[Mad] [Razz] [Mad]
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

-

Thanks for this part of information. I just think marriage is totally overrated..... I am sure many would like to go and stay in the dark if they would have known before..... [Big Grin]
LOL, well, I'd say the same thing too . . . and I have seen versions of this dance that can be a bit of raunchy fun!

It just so happens that this photo was taken at the big dance festival, Ahlan Wa Sahlan, that just finished in Cairo. I found the article on the internet with that photo along with other ones that were there. I think the dancer is Soraya, who I believe is a brazilian dancing in Cairo these days. I heard that over 1700 dancers showed up from around the world for this years festival. I went in 2004 and it was just too crowded for me . . . I like smaller classes.

I also like to see something of Egypt other than a hotel ballroom full of dancers, LOL!!! Right, sashyra???

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
quote:
belly dancing was is a part of our culture since we were kids ..we grew up every body like it..

Everyone "belly dances" in Egypt . . . and throughout the middle east . . . dancing and music is part of life and men are some of the best dancers at the parties, LOL!!! I really get a kick out of watching the videos were the men get up to dance . . . great shimmies!!!
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
< also like to see something of Egypt other than a hotel ballroom full of dancers, LOL!!! Right, sashyra??? >

Absolutely,crbddd!!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com