EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Miss Egypt 2007 Finals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miss Egypt 2007 Finals
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
April 13, 2007

Miss Egypt 2007

Filed under: Events

Miss Egypt 2007 will be crowned soon on the 23rd of April with about 20 girls competing for the title this year. This year, the audience will also have a say in who wins the title; there will be audience voting in addition to the judges choice.

The road to the title will be broadcast in two parts, the pre-final night on the 17th of April and the crowning night which will be aired LIVE on Melody Hits on the 23rd.

Each contestant will also have her own clip, showing her in the beautiful and charming famous places of Egypt as she talks a bit about herself.

Best Luck To All The Beautiful Contestants.

By guest writer Egypt Girl

http://www.waleg.com/archives/007672.html

Can someone confirm April 23rd ?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Refresh.....

Anyone has more information on the event?

The Miss Egypt website didn't even display this year's contestants for the Miss Egypt/Mister Egypt competitions.

What they afraid of? That we add our comments?
[Cool] [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it is going to be at The JW Marriott on 23rd April and you can purchase tickets by calling the hotel.
Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Alright, five more days to go!!!! [Smile]

EGYPT: TV VIEWERS HAVE THEIR SAY IN BEAUTY PAGEANT

Cairo, 17 April (AKI) - As 20 young women, each representing a different governorate, vie for the title of Miss Egypt 2007, for the first time ordinary Egyptians will be given a say in who is crowned the country's beauty queen. The involvement of the public represents the novelty in this year's contest. For several days now short videos of the young women shot in tourist spots and archaeological sites across Egypt have been broadcast by local television networks, and viewers invited to send a cellphone text message indicating their favourite.

The organisers said the decision was made "to ensure that the choice reflects the aspirations of the country that the beauty queen will represent and are not just the result of a jury vote.

For Tuesday night's semifinals contestants will stroll down the catwalk and answer questions from the judging panel before those the finalist will be announced.

The grand final will be broadcast live on 23 April on the television channel Melody Hits and various music and cinema personalities as well as foreign guest stars are expected to take part.

(Ale/Aki)

Apr-17-07 16:50

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level_English.php?cat=Trends&loid=8.0.405601596&par=

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Group picture of this year's contestants:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/2007-04/21/content_856435_2.htm

All the best for tonight, girls!!!! [Smile]

The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden
Member # 8430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
--------------((((Music & Movies)))-------------
Posts: 74 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Big Grin] [Razz] [Cool]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undercover
Member # 12979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undercover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 3188 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehsan Hatem, 21, is the new Pantene Miss Egypt! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Check out her pics:

http://www.voy.com/208925/

Next stop for Ehsan will be *The 2007 Miss Universe Pageant* which will be held on 28 May in Mexico City. Good luck! [Smile]

egyptian999
Member # 13087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian999   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think lebanese guy won MR universe few days ago
Posts: 384 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the Mr. Egypt contest, I wasn't impressed - the guy that won was the one all of the girls were screaming for from the beginning, he had this longish type hair and actually a nice smile...but I just don't think he represented Egyptian men, my husband sat with me laughing at all of them (jealous? [Big Grin] ) and while there were some really attractive ones, a few of them, ohh my! [Eek!]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know any Egyptians personally who are pleased with this years contestants. All are of the opinion that more beautiful girls can be seen any day of the week in Egypt's fashionable locales.
Maybe the contestants look better in life than they do in print or television?

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, so many gorgeous Egyptian girls all around, I don't know how they choose who they choose.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Because beauty is not all what matters.

Besides that how many of the gorgeous girls you see on Egypt's street would get their parents' approval to take part in such a competition?

Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a good number would get permission, because the money from endorsements is pretty attractive to most families. [Big Grin]

It is true that beauty is not all that matters in the competitions, but also there is the fact that a lot of girls overestimate the competition, or underestimate themselves. They don't believe they could win because they don't see themselves as true beauties, but then when the contest ends you hear all the girls in the boutiques talking about how their girlfriends are so much prettier than the winner
(only the winner was taller [Razz] )
I looked at most of the contestants from other countries, and saw that they too didn't have very striking women representing, either. I think the main women to compete are those that think very highly of themselves, rather than those that are exceptionally good-looking.

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Of course, the girls who want to make it in this competition have to show off self-confidence and represent themselves very well.

In Germany we have the second competition running right now this year for "Germany's next topmodel' with host Heidi Klum.

Do you think in the nearest future a project like this could be making it onto Egyptian TV?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Ehsan Hatem wins Miss Egypt 2007

By Joseph Fahim
First Published: April 24, 2007
AFP

Ehsan Hatem waves after she was crowned Miss Egypt 2007 at the end of the beauty pageant late April 23, 2007, in Cairo, where twenty Egyptian women competed for the title.

CAIRO: The 21-year-old English teacher Ehsan Hatem, the contestant who received the sole jeers of the night, was crowned Pantene's Miss Egypt 2007 yesterday at an elegant, well organized ceremony held at Media City's convention theatre.

The contest was heavily promoted this year with the help of the Egyptian satellite channel Melody which covered the entire competition and broadcasted the ceremony live.

Egyptian star Tamer Hagras hosted the show along with young TV presenter Mariam Amin. Amin's effortlessness and poise was eclipsed by her co-presenter's loud and ostentatious antics that were slammed minutes after the end of the show on the internet's Egyptian message boards. Hagras not only persisted on embarrassing Amin, who described one of his earlier banal gags as "an unpromising start," but he literary tried to seize every single moment on stage to either attract attention to himself or stress his love for the ladies and their revealing outfits. Hagras smugness was easily the worst aspect of the ceremony.

The jury was composed of an eclectic set of different professionals including Desiree Sadik, founder of Elle magazine in the Middle-East, Plastic surgeon Emad Michelle, Miss Egypt 2005 Miriam George, Jeweler Hassan Eleesh, Syrian actress Sulaf Fawakherji and famous veteran Lebanese singer Sabah.

The 15 contestants eliminated in the first and second round — which saw the girls parading in identical red and black semi-prudish swimsuits and flashy evening gown that lacked simplicity and taste — were judged primarily on their looks as none of them was given the chance to speak.

Julia Nabil, one of the early favorites, was the surprise exit from the second round, giving way to, if judging merely by looks, less deserving contenders.

Before the final round, popular heartthrob Mohamed Hamaki and Lebanese crooner Yara lip-synched a few numbers before the five young women were given the chance to speak their minds out.

As expected, nothing that came out of the ladies' mouths was remotely imaginative, meaningful or exciting though. Madonna Khaled believed that discrimination was "wrong;" Sherehan Fouad stated that success "should be the aim of every person;" Yara Naoum mechanically announced that "no one should deserve to be given the capital punishment;" while Radwa Ahmed gushingly proclaimed love to be the "the only emotion that doesn't have a negative side."

The girls' aspirations contained none of the selfless notions expressed previously. Their expressed dreams revolved around spending a day in Paris or Rome, hanging out with a famous star or visiting a perfume factory.

Midway through these short speeches, the foreign-looking Hatem requested to speak in English. A screaming audience member responded by telling her that she must talk in Arabic as she's competing in Egypt for the title of Miss Egypt who should accurately represent her own country. After proceeding to talk in English, some of the crowds started booing forcing her to answer in struggling Arabic when asked later about which deceased female she'd like to see coming back to life.

Nevertheless, with an obvious calm beauty, charmingly shy personality and a sense of grace none of the other ladies exhibited; Hatem defied criticism to easily beat Radwa Ahmed (the first runner-up) and Naoum (second runnerup).

Overall, Pantene has succeeded in putting up a show that ranks among the best of the history of pageant despite everything. The biggest flaw both the organizers and producers of the show overlooked is the lack of information that should've been revealed briefly to the viewers. None of the general public got to learn any details about any of 20 participants after watching the nearly three-hour program. At the end, the Miss Egypt show felt like a big film with pretty yet vague characters with no back stories and not enough reasons to root for the majority of them.

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=6830

Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she is not nice at all..

there are 10000000000 nicer girls... gosh...

Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like her. i think she's the most attractive of them all, & very classy the rest are trash.... i know that type

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
I am very disappointed [Frown]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Oops..... [Frown]

Miss who?
Dena Rashed recounts a humiliating night -- the crowning of Miss Egypt 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ehsan Hatem is proclaimed Miss Egypt 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After attending three Miss Egypt competitions, I have to admit this year's was the worst. Not to say that the past competitions have been good in any way, since whatever beauty there might have been was not complemented by brains. However this year's result was simply shocking, disappointing and irritating. I am not even criticising the wits or the looks, but the fact that Miss Egypt 2007 did not speak Arabic. Probably half Egyptian or too long abroad, the winner, Ehsan Hatem, answered the questions posed to her in English. Supposedly representing 76 million Egyptians, the new Miss Egypt cannot address her people in their own language. How did the organisers of the event fail to notice when she applied, when they interviewed her -- presumably in Arabic -- that she cannot speak the language of Egypt? How did the judges manage to give her the highest score when, again, she only spoke one Arabic word and switched to English because she couldn't answer fluently in her native language?

Year after year, one expects the competition to make some attempt to be more Egyptian in character, but the fact is that every year something happens that makes it more of a farce. This year's hosts, actor Tamer Hagras and TV presenter Mariam Amin, managed to kill any hope of change for the better. Hagras, in his first time as host, managed to embarrass his co- hostess, annoy the contestants and made sure I would never consider watching any of his movies again, because I will always remember his first and hopefully last night as a TV presenter. As for the question posed to the final five contestants, it was the favourite question delivered at many previous competitions: "If you were to choose a prominent woman in history to bring back to life, who would she be?" and as usual Hoda Shaarawi [the pioneer Egyptian feminist, who in 1923 founded the Egyptian Feminist Union] was the answer of two contestants. Not surprising, as Shaarawi is one of Egypt's great 20th century women and her name is known by all, but how many people know what she actually did?

While attending rehearsals at one of the previous competitions, I heard contestants saying that Shaarawi was the perfect answer when they discussed expected questions. Since this year's winner's Arabic is almost non-existent, it appeared that she also has no recollection of prominent Egyptian or Arabic female figures. She chose Princess Diana. With all due respect to Lady Di, her charisma and her charity work, and also to the contestant's personal opinion, Egypt's 7,000 years of history includes many glorious women to choose from. Amazingly other contestants managed to know other female figures -- Mother Teresa and Queen Cleopatra, and had actual reasons for choosing them. To speak their mind on various themes, the contestants drew a topic out of a bowl, and had 30 seconds each to comment on love, success, family, the death sentence and racism. If they exceeded their 30-second limit, Hagras would threaten to either electrocute or stab them with a dagger. That was probably not the real reason for the shaky answers, since although in previous competitions no threats of capital punishment were wielded as a retribution for hesitation, the answers came out just as pathetic.

Since this competition is organised by a private company, and is sponsored and aired by a music satellite channel, as long as it's profitable, we will have to put up with it. Every year, friends and colleagues say: "There are many beautiful and smart girls in Egypt, so why don't they compete for the title?" The answer is clear, and it is not just about girls not wanting to parade on television in skimpy swimsuits. After watching the competition, any girl with an IQ over 50 would think twice about participating. Meanwhile, I hope the organisers will secure a good translator to accompany Miss Egypt 2007 in her publicity work, or better yet -- enroll her in an Arabic class.

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2007/842/li1.htm

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
I like her. i think she's the most attractive of them all, & very classy the rest are trash.... i know that type

I think Yara Naoum deserved it more, in fact I heard the was the one who was suppose to win but later on the results were changed for Ehsan who can't even speak good Arabic not to mention she doesn't represent Egyptian beauty with that western looks she got from her American mother.

Here's a pic of Yara:

http://pics.eftekasat.net/details.php?image_id=116601

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by LaZeeZ:
in fact I heard the was the one who was suppose to win but later on the results were changed for Ehsan [/QB]

Come on, so you are trying to tell us that this beauty competition was as forged as the Presidential elections in Egypt? [Eek!]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com