Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Hummous

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hummous
Rahiq
Member # 13906

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Rahiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 cups cooked drained chickpeas
3 cloves raw peeled garlic cloves
juice of 3 balady limes
or one regular
1/2 cup tahina
1/2 cup pitted olives
1/3 cup olive oil
teasp black peppercorns
1/2 teasp salt or not!
1/4 teasp chilli powder

fling it all in a blender till it resembles medium thick paste, add water from drained chickpeas to get consistency right.
Dip raw veggies into it.

You will drop down dead from ecstasy after the first taste.......... I swear.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 286 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are gonna laugh, but I was absolutely hooked on Hummous sandwiches for a long time.
I put hummous inside of a pita, and raw onions sliced really thin inside, and devoured them.
no accounting for my taste, huh??

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Marriott in Zamalek does a great one. The oriental lebanese meze is so good and you keep getting hot baladi bread until you are fit to burst.
Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh god yes...I can surely relate.
I eat all the appetizers that they "force feed" on me...and give me some of that good ole hot bread, and by the time the meal comes, I am not hungry anymore.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com