Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » The Henna Night

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Henna Night
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between 2004-2006 I had too many back to back trips to Barcelona. During those tours, I took people to a night club called Baja Beach Club at Port Olympic, which is especially famous for the meetings before the wedding day. All friends of bride's and her mother, aunt etc. come to this place with a little bridal veil on their heads and entartain for hours, especially with the very handsome half-naked barmen [Embarrassed] I don't know if that kind of entertainment is common in Europe but that type in Barcelona is very cute and interesting.
In Turkey we have a tradition called 'Hennah Night Ceremony'. This is a girly entertaintment like above but of course little bit different. I wonder if there is something like that for the brides in Egypt.

The hennah ceremony held one day before the wedding at the girl’s home and among women, although either side can elect to host it. Usually dry henna brought by the bridegroom’s family is broken to pieces in a silver or copper vessel by a woman whose father and mother alive, not experienced any separation. After preparing the bride, veil ornamented with red flake is placed over her head, and she is brought into the middle with hymn and folk songs about henna.

-

-

Generally brides wear the following Ottoman wedding dresses called Bindalli or Kaftan.

-

-
 -

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read much about henna nights on countries like Morocco mostly,but know that it's done in all Arabic countries.Wasn't aware they did it in Turkey,too.
Those robes are wonderfully elaborate!

I've had henna done in hands and feet in Egypt and Morocco several times.Depending on the artistry and concentration,quality and dilution of the henna paste will be the duration of it on the skin.The best one i had lasted for 10 days.
Its a fun and non-compromising alternative tattoing system.

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com