Cooking Classes in Egypt
EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Eat like an Egyptian » Cookies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cookies
Autumnshyne
Member # 13640

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Autumnshyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to make some really good cookies! Does anyone have any ideas for me? [Razz]
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ALMOND COOKIES

1 cup ground almond
1 2/3 cup powder sugar
3 egg whites, lightly whisked

Garnish:
8 almond halves

-

Place all the ingredients in a medium sized pot. Stir constantly and heat it up with just under medium heat. Do not boil! To measure that the temperature is right is to dip your pinkie in it. It should be warm but shouldn't burn.

Take the pot from the heat and pour it into a heat proof dish. Let it cool down. Meanwhile oil eight 5 cm diameter paper baking cups (I used spray oil). Spoon out the mixture equally into the oiled paper baking cups. Place the almonds on top. Then place the cups on an oven tray.

Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Then turn down the heat to 240 F (120 C) and put the tray in the oven. Bake for about 45 minutes without opening the oven door. If you open the oven door, The Almond Cookies will droop! Let them cool down before serving traditional Turkish Almond Cookies.

ORANGE BISCUITS

Dough:
125 gr (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 orange zest
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour

Orange Butter Cream:
2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp orange juice

-

Blend well the butter and sugar with a mixer. Add the egg yolk and orange zest. Slowly add flour, kneading with your hand. Don't knead too much. When the dough comes together, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.

Make a 0.5 cm thick dough with the roller on the counter. Cut the dough with 5 cm wide cookie cutters (picture). Make 24 pieces. Put parchment paper on the oven tray and place the cookie doughs on it.

Preheat the oven to 375 F (180 C). Place the oven tray on the middle rack of the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes. Arrange them on the wire rack so they cool down.

Meanwhile, to make the cream, whisk the butter while slowly adding the icing sugar. Add the orange zest and orange juice, stir. Turn half of the biscuits (12) upside down and spread the filling on them. Then stack the remaining half on top. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top.

** If you like you don't have to use the Orange Butter Cream

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not see this thread.
I did not see this thread.

[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiye
Member # 14655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow they sound and look delicious. I never buy this kind of stuff I just eat the whole lot. I'm an all or nothing kinda gal!!
Posts: 159 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autumnshyne
Member # 13640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumnshyne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow the orange ones sound good!
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com