EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » 950 Passengers Accumulated in Hurghada Port due to Random Reservation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 950 Passengers Accumulated in Hurghada Port due to Random Reservation
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By Mohamed el-Sayed Suleiman and Jehan Khalifa 28/8/2008

Some 950 Arab and Egyptian passengers and 200 cars have accumulated in front of Hurghada Port due to random reservation on two ferries.

Abdel-Hamid Ali, an Egyptian teacher working in Saudi Arabia, said: "We have been on pavements for four days. We were blackmailed by brokers, who demanded LE 500 on each ticket to confirm the reservation. Neither the tourism police nor officials of the two ferries intervened."

Fatma Abdullah from Saudi Arabia expressed resentment at what is happening. She said: "Me and my three children arrived in Hurghada last Sunday and failed to confirm the reservation. We wait on pavements in front of the port."

Ahmed Youssef, an Egyptian teacher working in Kuwait, said he came to Hurghada three days ago and paid a broker LE 300 to confirm the reservation, but he found no seat on the ferry.

He has been on the pavement waiting to find a seat to travel. He feared that his visa would expire. He called on the Minister of Transport to investigate the matter.

Officials of a navigational agency attributed the accumulation to the delay in ferries' arrival from Saudi Daba Port due to tough maritime inspection procedures there.

Officials at Hurghada Port refused to comment on the accumulation because they received instructions from the chairman of the Red Sea Ports Authority Mamdouh Deraz not to speak to the media.

http://almasry-alyoum.com/article2.aspx?ArticleID=131106

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabethN
Member # 14096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabethN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow can you please this news???? Never heard of a more important issue in my life.
Posts: 1369 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com