EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » On her 16th birthday Sarah asked to be called 'Alex' and started living as a boy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On her 16th birthday Sarah asked to be called 'Alex' and started living as a boy
Strangeways.
Member # 14842

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Strangeways.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girl, 17, set to become Britain's youngest sex-change patient

By Natasha Courtenay-Smith and Hannah Barr
Last updated at 11:59 PM on 27th June 2008

-
Sarah aged 3 - angelic in her dress but a tomboy in her heart.

For most mothers, their daughter's 16th birthday is marked by such traditions as a party, preparing for a school dance, or maybe even allowing them to go on holiday with their friends for the first time.

For Elizabeth Thornton, however, the year brought with it a rather different set of demands. First, she was asked by her daughter Sarah to refer to her as 'Alex'. More recently, she found herself shopping not for a glamorous evening gown, but for a breast restrictor designed to flatten and hide her daughter's breasts.

Today, instead of looking forward to moments like her youngest daughter's wedding and the birth of her first child, Elizabeth is contemplating a series of operations that Sarah is determined to put herself through, including a double mastectomy and a hysterectomy.

Now aged 17, Sarah is believed to be the youngest person in the country awaiting a female-to-male sex change operation. She has been living as a teenage boy for the past year, and has now been given the go-ahead by her GP and her psychiatrist for the ?106,000 procedure.

Sarah hopes to have the surgery within the next 12 months. This, she says, is the only way she can hope to live the rest of her life with any degree of sanity or happiness.

Her decision has, however, been far from easy for her family. Sarah's elder sister, 21-year-old Vanessa, cannot accept what is happening, and both her parents are candid about their struggle to adapt to the reality that their little girl is desperate to become their son.

'When, last November, Sarah told me that she wanted to have a sex change, I nearly choked on the cup of tea I was drinking,' says Elizabeth, 42, a PA who lives in Newcastle with her husband Vincent, an engineer, and their children. 'I honestly thought this was some sort of teenage fantasy, and neither my husband nor I took her seriously at all.

'Then, two weeks later, the psychiatrist that Sarah has been seeing for some time, because she has been so depressed, phoned me on her behalf.

Read it all:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1030036/Girl-17-set-Britains-youngest-sex-change-patient.html

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh she's still a teenager! They should give her couple more years to really think through if she wants to go through with all these operations because it will be permanent.

And who's gonna pay for the £106,000 procedure - the insurance company??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she looks like a dude any way

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's more masculine than me. Look at that jaw!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caringforwomen
Member # 14617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caringforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her face still looks feminine. She does not look like a rough man. It is really better to be the sex you were born to be. [Frown]
Posts: 384 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhoenixRaven
Member # 15487

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhoenixRaven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The PhoenixRaven Olympic Games China
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/olympic-china
Olympic
Different complexion; Different language; Different culture,
gathers together for same one kind of athletics together.
This is Olympic Games. The world is that you cry out;
The world is that you are affected; The world is that you go all out ,
this is Olympic Games. One kind of spirit; One kind of motive power;
One kind is looked forward to; One kind is aesthetic;
One kind of limit going beyond; One kind of resonance ,
this are Olympic Games. ... ...

--------------------
knowledge is power!Never give up! Never falling down!

Posts: 21 | From: China、shenyang | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com