EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egypt News » 'Muslim Massacre' video game condemned for glamorising slaughter of Arabs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Muslim Massacre' video game condemned for glamorising slaughter of Arabs
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A computer game in which players control an American soldier sent to “wipe out the Muslim race” has been condemned as offensive and tasteless by British Muslim groups.

By Matthew Moore

Last Updated: 5:00PM BST 10 Sep 2008

The goal of Muslim Massacre , which can be downloaded for free on the internet, is to “ensure that no Muslim man or woman is left alive”, according to the game’s creator.

Players control an “American Hero” armed with a machine gun and rocket launcher who is parachuted into the Middle East.

By slaughtering all the Arabs that appear on screen – some dressed as terrorists, some apparently civilians - players progress to later levels where they take on Osama bin Laden, Mohammed and finally Allah. [Confused]

The game’s creator, a freelance programmer known as Sigvatr, described the game as “fun and funny” and some players have interpreted the game as a critical commentary - albeit a crude one - of US foreign policy.

But Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of The Ramadhan Foundation, Britain’s leading Muslim youth organisation, said that the game glamorised violence against Muslims whether or not it was satirical.

“Encouraging children and young people in a game to kill Muslims is unacceptable, tasteless and deeply offensive,” he said.

“There is an increase in violence in this country and some of it comes from video games. When kids spend six hours a day on violent games they are more likely to go outside and commit violence.

“If it was the other way around, with a game featuring Muslims killing Israelis or Americans, there would be uproar and rightly so.

“We would urge ISPs to take action against sites like this.”

The game was first released in January this year, but has become more popular in recent days after being linked to by several prominent blogs.

Sigvatr, an American based in Brisbane, Australia whose real name is Eric Vaughn, has not responded to attempts to contact him. But on an internet message board discussion of the game he appeared to distance himself from the view that it was a parody of American jingoism, and acknowledge that many players would enjoy the game for the chance to shoot virtual Muslims.

“I think it's pretending to be legitimate commentary and I'm sure there will be lots of people who defend it on those grounds, but ultimately it's just a game where you blow the gently caress out of arabs,” he wrote. "Gently caress" is internet slang for a common swear word.

“Anyone is free to believe whatever they won't (sic) though, because I don't even know how to interpret it myself anymore. The bottom line is that I enjoyed making it and it's fun to play,” he added.

In a later post he said: “The Muslims represented in the game aren't meant to be based on actual Muslims.

“If I was to try and come up with a meaning for the game at this moment, it would probably be something along the lines of metaphorically destroying the stereotypical depiction of a Muslim.”

Most of the commenters on the SomethingAwful.com forum where the game was first released seemed to agree with his amoral stance. "I personally do not care who I'm murdering, as long as it's fun," wrote one.

But others attacked the game for setting out to appeal to xenophobes.

"There's little to no merit in making a game where you are edgy and racist just for the hell of it," wrote Kauka. "Is there really any humour to it? No, there isn't."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2776951/Muslim-Massacre-video-game-condemned-for-glamorising-slaughter-of-Arabs.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.....i hope he gets shot in the balls and then tortured and raped in the anus some day.

--------------------

Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is disgusting he should be hung drawn and quartered for it .why do so many ppl think its fun doing things abt muslins . they have a right like anyone else. its coming to a bad world
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shooky
Member # 14776

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shooky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if a muslim created a game that its objective is to kill all jews, i GUARANTEE he will be called a terrorist and a threat to the world
Posts: 506 | From: Some where on the east coast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nasrcity
Member # 15037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nasrcity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and why do these things always surface during ramadan
Posts: 154 | From: somewhere in the uk | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a video game in the late 80s early 90s, church of later day saints supported its distribution, in which you kill infidels.

Only thing about this game is it was multicultural, you can pretty much guess no infidel looked like a white person.

There are several games like "Muslin Massacre" on the market right now. Target had one in its PSP whatever kiosk in the electronics department.

I noticed out of state red necks really enjoyed the game and I had to wait several shopping trips to catch this particular game's closing credits. Plenty of "Singhs" and SE Asian Indian names and corporate addresses.

So watch out, no matter how much effort you put on domestically produced hate material, its being shipped in as well.

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nasrcity:
and why do these things always surface during ramadan

That's when the special interest groups and media bring it to the public's attention.

When I was married every christmas season my ex husband would be unendated with "christians worship a tree rather than God" type crap. He'd lecture me endlessly on propaganda against western culture and the tenaments of Christian faith.

So the same is done during Ramadan.

Luckily I am agnostic and can crawl out the bathroom window when it got real bad.

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have to wonder at the statement made by one guy "I dont care who I kill as long as it's fun" [Eek!] These idiots are actually a danger.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These people have the brain cells of an amoeba!!!
As for the prat who states 'i don't care who i kill as long as it's fun' well let's send him to an nice island along with all the other idiots and they can have fun kiling each other and leave the rest f us to get on with our lives...

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“Encouraging children and young people in a game to kill Muslims is unacceptable, tasteless and deeply offensive,” he said.

---

I concur, completely tasteless "game". Propaganda at it's worst.

Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stuff like that needs to get banned. There must be a limit of freedom even in cyberspace.

Here's a link to the game creator - send him a note of what you think!!

http://www.sigvatr.com/

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tom jones
Member # 15768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom jones   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are muslims and i have seen a jihad game made by muslims killing infedels so one law should be for all ..

--------------------
"Most men are accredited fools shortly after they leave the womb.”

Posts: 1116 | From: WARNING All stressed out & no one to choke | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Winston
Member # 15781

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Winston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who buys these things?
Posts: 21 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterpila
Member # 14977

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterpila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TL, there is just an apology on the site saying that he has removed the game.
Posts: 552 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ShawShaw:
if a muslim created a game that its objective is to kill all jews, i GUARANTEE he will be called a terrorist and a threat to the world

Would not surprise me, if that happened. Enough lunatics around who should do this, just as there are enough lunatics who are designing this game.
BUT, can you imagine something like this would happen with buddhists, catholics, or other religions as victims??? I can't.
So, I think, at the same time, the way the jews and the muslims present themselves to the outside world, gives food for thoughts...

In this case it were not exactly balanced thoughts, but isn't this a result of something that happened to wake up the lunatics around us?

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by **Caterpillar**:
TL, there is just an apology on the site saying that he has removed the game.

Oh great!! Thanks for the update!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com