EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » What were the human limb propropotions of Mesoptamians?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What were the human limb propropotions of Mesoptamians?
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What were the limb propropotions of Mesoptamians?

I don't have access to this study:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.1330520206/abstract

"These limb indices do not appear to be allometrically scaled, so that the
relatively short lengths of some Neanderthal limb bones should....."

American Association of Physical Anthropologists. Abstracts of papers to be presented at the Forty-Ninth Annual Meeting, April 17–19, 1980, Niagara Falls, New York

Article first published online: 2 MAY 2005

DOI: 10.1002/ajpa.1330520206

American Journal of Physical Anthropology

Volume 52, Issue 2, pages 197–295, February 1980

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I downloaded said PDF and went through the associated text and the context has nothing to do with Mesopotamia. This quote is discussing adaptation and ontogenetic responses in appendage growth between 3 common ape species (Bonobos, Chimps, and Gorillas). They are trying to make sense of the interesting phenomenon that Bonobos have higher limb indices than the other two species. [Roll Eyes]

/close thread/

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also apart from this study

What were the limb proportions of Mesopotamians?

Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Where are you getting your information from? Do you even have a citation? The document you linked to mentioned no such study. Also, correction: The above that you put into quotations is from an Erik Trinkhaus study on Neanderthal limb proportions. The others, as stated are about non-human primate limb proportions. There is no mention of Mesopotamian limb proportions through out the entire document.

Stop scrambling for key-word search references that you hope support your position and learn how to properly cross reference from other studies. Post an actual citation and I can look it up and upload it.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
^Where are you getting your information from? Do you even have a citation? The document you linked to mentioned no such study. Also, correction: The above that you put into quotations is from an Erik Trinkhaus study on Neanderthal limb proportions. The others, as stated are about non-human primate limb proportions. There is no mention of Mesopotamian limb proportions through out the entire document.

Stop scrambling for key-word search references that you hope support your position and learn how to properly cross reference from other studies. Post an actual citation and I can look it up and upload it.

the above link is probably a mistake this is a general thread on what were the limb proportions of Mesopotamians. I have not been able to find anything yet. The information could easily buttress your position and I would have to take that into serious consideration.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^Wishful thinking as you'd have to find something that contradicts the data we already have from Palestine. Tall order. Good luck. [Smile]

--------------------
mr.writer.asa@gmail.com

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
could you do me a favor and post that data here on the Palestinians. When I say data I mean the exact limb ratios as stated in the study thanks.

As I said if we look at a spectrum of ancient Near Eastern limb ratios and these are shorter than the Egyptians this could further but the nail in the coffin of the early Egyptians have some Asian in them theory. Don't get scared we're almost there.

Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
could you do me a favor and post that data here on the Palestinians. When I say data I mean the exact limb ratios as stated in the study thanks.

Some of this data (actual numbers) were reported by Patricia Smith and I posted a link in Simple Girl's thread. The thing is, I'm pretty sure that you were a part of that discussion and I am not going to keep posting the same material for you people over and over when you don't want to digest it/ignore it the first time around, so go sift through the thread and find it. Smith (2002).
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
the name Patricia Smith does not appear in the thread
"A study putting into question as to whether limb proportions are a result of genetics "

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the drawbacks of a once quasi-academic
discussion forum turned bigoted chatroom.

Are there any bigoted women on this forum?
Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me, it's the Starr ultra superior
light African Rum from Mauritius (damned
French colonizers did one good job this,
after drinking dodo bird forgot how fly).

quote:
I am not going to keep posting the same material for you people over and over when you don't want to digest it/ignore it the first time around, so go sift through the thread and find it.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^
quote:

^I downloaded said PDF and went through the associated text and the context has nothing to do with Mesopotamia. This quote is discussing adaptation and ontogenetic responses in appendage growth between 3 common ape species (Bonobos, Chimps, and Gorillas). They are trying to make sense of the interesting phenomenon that Bonobos have higher limb indices than the other two species. [Roll Eyes]

/close thread/

ROTFLMAOH
 -

I'm telling you, the fun (stupidity) never ends with these girls!

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

/close thread/

lol.. the desperate search for wandering Cakazoids
never ceases... Mayhaps they are found now among
the Bonobos..

Full citation- Smith along with Holliday..

-

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com