EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Voynich Script

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voynich Script
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Voynich script is a mysterious script of European origin I have seen reference to it in the past,I never really bothered looking into it casually brushing it off as a fake but looking into it again I have found some useful links and a claim that it has been deciphered, in it are information of a biological nature,astronomy,Herbal or medicines and so forth perhaps it was a means of keeping science alive in an otherwise dark age Europe,when such things as high mathematics and astronomy could get you burnt at the stake but all this came out at the end of the middle ages.
 -

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=bag&thread=816#ixzz1PpsAMO00

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestinly it was Irish Monks who kept and preserved the Latin Script during Dark Age Europe.

Nice Find, I wonder what happened to the Script.

Posts: 8812 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess it was created for a select few those were hard times for learned men in Europe in those days.the script belongs the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library of Yale University.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^
Yeah but where in Europe was the Vochinh Script used?? In Italy??

What is funny is that this wont get 50+ pages on Stormfront or even a mention on Mathilda's blog and other Euroclown sites like Egypt does.

This is interesting, I have a facination with Manuscripts from the Middle Ages.

Also Brada there was always an Inteliigencia, a group of Learned men in Europe, many of them were the Nobility. During the Renaisannce they used Sculpture and architecture to Subtly pass their Higher Learning. For instance the Renaissance was all about Humanism. During this time you see the Nude Figure and Architecture was based on Human Proportions. The Catholic Church barely suspected a thing. Hell they hired folks like Michelangelo to paint the Sisten Chapel with Nude Figures and sculpture of Biblical figures Nude which goes back to the Humanist aspect.

Posts: 8812 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
King of Bohemia bought it according to the link so around the area of Poland and Germany.

And yeah anything but their own history which they ignore at their own peril fussing over Kemet Kush and east Africans, the same way some of us fuss over non Africans or where ever,not saying one should study only one's own history but to obsess over others is rather unhealthy.

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
^^^^
No Im not saying we should stick to our own history. Obviously I have a liking for Mideval to Early Modern European history as well as Ancient to Middle Age African history.

What Im saying is you don't see stuff like this in the same light as Egypt or East Africa. You won't believe how many whites in my World History class had no clue about the importance of the Neoclassical era in Europe.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com