EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Early Israelites in prehistoric times had blue eyes according to recent study

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Early Israelites in prehistoric times had blue eyes according to recent study
Lanoforge
On Vacation
Member # 23087

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lanoforge         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
6000 years ago, the land of Palestine known today as Israel was populated by blue eyed humans, according to groundbreaking study.

https://www.livescience.com/63396-ancient-israel-immigration-turkey-iran.html

Posts: 59 | From: Queens NYC | Registered: Jul 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theres still blond/blue eyed people in the area...mainly in Syria etc.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/777082110677584953/?nic=1a&sender=429742126851468599

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baalberith
Ungodly and Satanic Entity
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We already went over this in another thread.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=010149#000003

The Levant have experienced demographic shifts since the course of it’s history, you have peoples from Northern areas, such as the Balkans and the Caucasus settled the region and intermixed with its aboriginal inhabitants. Even the Greeks noted this change in population when they change their location of Ethiopia, which originally consisted of the Levant, parts of Mesopotamia, and parts of Asia Minor, to parts of the Nile Valley, parts of the African continent, Indian subcontinent, and even the Arabian Peninsula. This is evident to the Ancient Greeks themselves when they differentiated the indigenous inhabitants of the Levant from the newly arrivals from the North, as being Melanosyri (Black Syrian) and Leucosyri (White Syrian).

“Leucosyri, to distinguish them from the people from beyond Taurus, which bear also the name of Syrians, but who, compared to the cistauric populations, are to have the dye browned by the heat of the sun, while those do not have it, difference which gave place to the denomination of Leucosyri.”

Strabo
Geography 12:3:

“....the populations of the one and other Cappadoce, Cappadoce Taurique and Cappadoce Pontique, even nowadays, are often called Leucosyri or Syrian white, by opposition apparently to other Syrians known as Melanosyri or Black Syrians, who can be only the Syrians established across Taurus, and, when I say Taurus, I give to this name his greater extension, I prolong the chain until Amanus.[Antioch]."

Strabo
Geography 16:1:2

It interesting to see that people are so fixated over the fact that fair skinned Eurasians had a presence in the holy land, but remain silent about the dark skinned Eurasians that were there.

“It is a further surprise that the Epipalaeolithic Natufian of Israel from whom the Neolithic realm was assumed to arise has a clear link to Sub-Saharan Africa.”

“A recent study of genomewide autosomal microsatellite markers reports that Middle Eastern and African samples share the highest number of alleles that are also absent in other non-African samples, consistent with bidirectional gene flow.”

http://www.pnas.org/content/107/Supplement_2/8931.full

-

Head of a Bedouin captive

-

A stelle of a Canaanite mercenary drinking beer, while his son serves him and his wife looks on

-

Depiction of bound Libyan, Nubian, and Asiatic captives on King Tutankhamen’s footstool

-

Aamu warriors getting trampled to death

-

A relief of Canaanite herdsmen paying tribute to King Akhenaten

-

Traditional bound enemies of Egypt, the nine bows with figures of an Asiatic prisoner

-

A Byzantine depiction of three Chaldean soldiers with Judean captives from the Bristol Psalter, circa 11th century

-

Another Byzantine depiction of Biblical character King David from the same manuscript

Posts: 331 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Baalberith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It’s also interesting that these same people continue to ignore or undermine the existence of the dark skinned Eurasians are still there.

Negev Bedouins

-

-

-

-

-

-

Posts: 331 | From: Hell | Registered: Jun 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marija
Member # 23167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marija     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This strikes me as another absurd topic, based on the notion that there are "black" and "white" races, which means then that anyone darker than a paper bag is "black"??? (as per Jim Crow one-drop rule)

The "Asiatics" depicted, if in modern dress, would doubtless look like modern Iraqis.

And there were peoples from further north present for a long time. The Hurrians were trading with Sumer.

So are we to be shocked if we find traits which seem "African" and others which seem "Eurasian" in the "Mideast" which is located near Africa, Europe, the steppes, etc.?

--------------------
Nican Tlaca

Posts: 139 | From: Piedmont, Virginia | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Baalberith
Member # 23079

Rate Member
quote:
This strikes me as another absurd topic, based on the notion that there are "black" and "white" races, which means then that anyone darker than a paper bag is "black"??? (as per Jim Crow one-drop rule)

The "Asiatics" depicted, if in modern dress, would doubtless look like modern Iraqis.

And there were peoples from further north present for a long time. The Hurrians were trading with Sumer.

So are we to be shocked if we find traits which seem "African" and others which seem "Eurasian" in the "Mideast" which is located near Africa, Europe, the steppes, etc.?

I find your assertion about the idea of race to be irrelevant to what I was pointing out, simply because there are many people who subscribe to racial classifications such as “Black” and “White” also have different ideas about it, so it would make sense for me to express what I mean by someone who is “Black” and someone who is “White. You maintain that these racial classifications are based on absurdity in our modern society, which I agree, but you fail to note that the concept of someone who is “mixed” is just as complicated and even more ridiculous as someone defined as “Black” and “White”. I have to ask, what constitutes to a “mixed” individual? Everyone is mixed in some way or another, but a mixed population does not have to be based on the assumption of what Westerners traditionally identifies as a “mixed” population, that’s is a mixture between “Black” and “White”. Many populations around the World have been assumed to “mixed” based on such an idea, for example the idea Hamitic race was based on the idea of Caucasians intermixing with Negroes, thus creating the distinct appearance of Groups such as Horners. Another example are indigenous Malays and Pacific Islanders, most people in the West traditionally think that they got their appearance from intermixing Melanesians, thus were similar to Northeast Asian groups such as the Han Chinese. Now what people fail to understand is that there concept of “intermixing” is not at all the same to what originally occurred. In many cases most of the “mixture” that is being noted as being a “mixture” between said groups, was in actuality mostly based upon thousands of years of isolation in their appropriate environments and developing physical traits over time. Typically intermingling with populations that were somewhat similar to them adjacent to them, owning their physical traits to not necessarily a mixture between ”Caucasoids” and “Negroids” or “Negroids” and “Mongoloids”, but natural adaptation. Although, regarding the Malay and Pacific Islander situation, populations from mainland “Northeast” Asia did migrate to Southeast Asia and intermixed with the indigenous Austronesian speakers, as well as the Pacific, all of which was in recent times, the presence of “Northern” originated Asians are mainly a Medieval phenomenon, by the way. All of this is just another explanation about the false pretense of how race as we understand it is shrouded on contradictions and hypocrisy. The concept of race or races, however is still prevalent among people across the World and is therefore commonly socially acceptable, but a difficult thing to throw away. Also, I don’t doubt you that some Iraqis are as dark as these Palestinian Bedouins, but these Bedouins are still in the range of what most Westerners considers a “Black” complexion, minus their features, which is phenotypically distinct and they are typically considered very dark skinned for what the Western traditional idea of a Middle Easterner’s complexion is, which is commonly an olive skin tone, so they are out of the norm of a Middle Easterner hue, but of course be must understand that there is no average complexion for people in the Middle East, thus the complexity of darkness and lightness.
Marija
Member # 23167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marija     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Baalberith:
quote:

I find your assertion about the idea of race to be irrelevant to what I was pointing out, simply because there are many people who subscribe to racial classifications such as “Black” and “White” also have different ideas about it, so it would make sense for me to express what I mean by someone who is “Black” and someone who is “White. You maintain that these racial classifications are based on absurdity in our modern society, which I agree, but you fail to note that the concept of someone who is “mixed” is just as complicated and even more ridiculous as someone defined as “Black” and “White”. I have to ask, what constitutes to a “mixed” individual? Everyone is mixed in some way or another, but a mixed population does not have to be based on the assumption of what Westerners traditionally identifies as a “mixed” population, that’s is a mixture between “Black” and “White”. Many populations around the World have been assumed to “mixed” based on such an idea, for example the idea Hamitic race was based on the idea of Caucasians intermixing with Negroes, thus creating the distinct appearance of Groups such as Horners. Another example are indigenous Malays and Pacific Islanders, most people in the West traditionally think that they got their appearance from intermixing Melanesians, thus were similar to Northeast Asian groups such as the Han Chinese. Now what people fail to understand is that there concept of “intermixing” is not at all the same to what originally occurred. In many cases most of the “mixture” that is being noted as being a “mixture” between said groups, was in actuality mostly based upon thousands of years of isolation in their appropriate environments and developing physical traits over time. Typically intermingling with populations that were somewhat similar to them adjacent to them, owning their physical traits to not necessarily a mixture between ”Caucasoids” and “Negroids” or “Negroids” and “Mongoloids”, but natural adaptation. Although, regarding the Malay and Pacific Islander situation, populations from mainland “Northeast” Asia did migrate to Southeast Asia and intermixed with the indigenous Austronesian speakers, as well as the Pacific, all of which was in recent times, the presence of “Northern” originated Asians are mainly a Medieval phenomenon, by the way. All of this is just another explanation about the false pretense of how race as we understand it is shrouded on contradictions and hypocrisy. The concept of race or races, however is still prevalent among people across the World and is therefore commonly socially acceptable, but a difficult thing to throw away. Also, I don’t doubt you that some Iraqis are as dark as these Palestinian Bedouins, but these Bedouins are still in the range of what most Westerners considers a “Black” complexion, minus their features, which is phenotypically distinct and they are typically considered very dark skinned for what the Western traditional idea of a Middle Easterner’s complexion is, which is commonly an olive skin tone, so they are out of the norm of a Middle Easterner hue, but of course be must understand that there is no average complexion for people in the Middle East, thus the complexity of darkness and lightness.
Yes... and I choose to ignore pre-scientific nonsense (such as the Ham mythology) and look to the science. DNA tells us fairly well who actually mixed with whom.

I also ignore "race", which is a bogus concept.

Ok that's the biology of it. However, as you say, "race" is a social factor which is operative still, obviously, since in the USA people still refer to whites and blacks as "races".

I like to say: "Race does not exist, but racism does." European racists (and many Arabs as well) designed the dark peoples of Africa as "blacks" or whatever, and then postulated that they'd created no civilization, were primitive, inferior, etc. (same rap the English used against the Gaels). Obviously to those of us with any knowledge, this is all BS, and so unfortunately we have to spend time arguing about these things along "racial" lines even if we reject the very concept of "race"!

We can legitimately divide up humanity by haplogroups and geneology, but still we end up with nearly every ethnic group mixed with others, with Eurasian DNA widely distributed in Africa and African DNA all over Europe and the Mideast.

I have seen no good evidence that anyone was very preoccupied with these "black" and "white" "races" before the Age of "Exploration" (Euroimperialism). The sooner we're shed of that nonsense, the better.

--------------------
Nican Tlaca

Posts: 139 | From: Piedmont, Virginia | Registered: Jan 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com