EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Limit to Submission (Somali Documentary 1980)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Limit to Submission (Somali Documentary 1980)
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part 1
Part 2

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arwa

Well what Can I say.

It's good to get what has happened to Somalia in their own words.

What one of the Somalis said about how the Russians fought the war, was bothersome.

What the the man said that was hosting this documentary at the end was Good to see. In the End the Horn will have to work together to solve there problems, violence is not the Answer. I wonder how things would of been for Somalia if both sides were more about Peace, the problems of the Horn could of been different.

Instead there was war, Famine, and hate. Somalia has potential, you can see it in how Somaliland was able to form a stable part of the country of Somalia. The Diasporan Somalis in the West give back as best as they can to the Country.

Just to finish I just wanted to say that it was a pretty good Documentary on Somalia. Thanks for Sharing

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King, I can't remember what the Somali man said about the Soviet, but it is clearly to see that both the Russian and American used Somalia for their own purpose, and it is us Somali people to blame for the situation our country facing.

There is no secret about that both Russian (or now Chinese) and American rather want Ethiopia to be the regional power (to serve the Western interest - a house slave), and I never understood why Western (white) people prefer the Ethiopians over other Horn Africa countries. What is it that Ethiopia has others don't have?

Like other problems in Africa, the breeding ground for Somali conflict is border issue - masterminded by Western colonies - and there never can be peace until these false borders are eradicated. You can never have peace. What would you do with the refugees from Ethiopia in Somalia? They want to go back, or else they will un-stabilize the regions until their demands are heard and meet.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com