EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » "Pristine" E1b1b... where did it arise?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Pristine" E1b1b... where did it arise?
SirInfamous
Member # 16497

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SirInfamous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently "debating" (actually it was just meant to be a simple "troll post"...although 100 percent truthful) with rednecks on the VNN forum about the "Black African lineages in ancient Greeks".

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=108974

Anyways, I give them quotes on the homeland of E1b1b and E-M78 being in "East Africa" but it's not enough for them. I'm almost positive pristine E1b1b arose in THE HORN, and E-M78 either in Southern Egypt or slightly South of Egypt. However I can't find any quotes from genetics saying what specific region it was believed to arise in.

Do you guys have any direct quotes from peer reviewed studies on the homeland of "pristine" E1b1b..as well as E-M35, and it's subclade E-M78?

Also physical anthropological data on East Africans of the Holocene and Neolithic would be nicely appreciated.

Posts: 143 | From: The United States Of America (sadly) | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Explorador
Member # 14778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explorador   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want to get direct quotes, you'll have to look at the old works of Underhill et al. (2001) and Cruciani et al. (2004). Cruciani et al. (2007) also makes a note of the ultimate origin of E1b1b in "eastern Africa" (i.e. "sub-Saharan" east Africa).

Aside from that, from examining multiple studies conducted over the years, it is clear that hg E, transcending M78, is most phylogenetically diverse in the sub-Saharan region of the African Great Rift Valley. The marker must have ultimately emerged somewhere in this region before heading northward.

Ps: Cruciani et al. (2007) inferred the likely origin of M78 sub-haplogroup in "northeast Africa" (tacit reference to Egyptian region), which was revised from that made in Cruciani et al. (2004). The narrowing down the region thereof, was done by observers like myself here, from the data that Cruciani et al. (2007) themselves provided. This data shows that the most diverse distribution of M78 clades occurs in *southern* Egyptian samples.

Posts: 7516 | From: Somewhere on Earth | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com