EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Lupita Nyong'o

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lupita Nyong'o
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

-

Lupita Nyong'o

Born in Mexico to Kenyan parents living in self-imposed political exile, Nyong’o returned to Africa with her family while she was still an infant. She made her American film debut in Steve McQueen's 12 Years a Slave (2013) as Patsey, for which she received critical acclaim. For her role Nyong'o won the Screen Actors Guild and Critics' Choice Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, and was nominated for the Golden Globe, BAFTA and Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

Nyong'o comes from the the Luo people of Kenya tribe, the same ethnic group that President Barack Obama father came from

Lupita’s debut feature-length film was creating, producing, directing and editing “In My Genes” – her final thesis project at Hampshire college, where she graduated in 2007. In My Genes addresses the personal and societal challenges that people with albinism face as members of one of the most hyper-visible and misunderstood minority groups of Kenya’s predominantly black society through the experiences of eight individuals from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Nyong’o starred in the 2008 short film “East River”, directed by Marc Grey and shot in Brooklyn, New York. She moved back to Nairobi in August 2008 and produced the award-winning MTV Music Video, Little Things We Do, song created and performed by celebrated Wahu and Bobby Wine. Apart from her passion for film and video, Lupita also has over ten years experience in stage acting. She enjoys and practices capoeira and attempts to play the harmonica. In November 2009 she starred in the Kenyan television miniseries “Shuga” as Ayira.

Nyong'o currently resides in Brooklyn, New York

Video: Shuga trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z70h_0KtUvw

Posts: 42938 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lupita Nyongo is a beautiful and sexy black actress. I hope Hollywood use her in good movies.

-
Lupita Nyongo Vanity Fair cover

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com