EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Eurocentric claims against Afrocentrics are bogus

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eurocentric claims against Afrocentrics are bogus
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I keep seeing is dumb Eurocentrists refuting claims by the extremist, fringe who claim to be Afrocentric, but I have seen no actual refutations of claims made by Afrocentrists who are not of the fringe. I guess thats why the Eurocentrists and their whiners continue to attack and hold up the fringe as standard Afrocentrism and hide behind their strawman arguments such as stating that when Afrocentrics say AEs were black they *MUST* mean they look like "West African True Negroes," Though no one has made that claim.

So where are those actual refutations Eurocentrists? I'm still waiting.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by .Charlie Bass.:
All I keep seeing is dumb Eurocentrists refuting claims by the extremist, fringe who claim to be Afrocentric, but I have seen no actual refutations of claims made by Afrocentrists who are not of the fringe.

This is the name of the game, one fallacy built on top of another. Hence, the predicted response to this would be that "all Afrocentrists are fringe", as you've pointed out. It's a game of circuar reasoning that allows them to isolate a conclusion as afrocentric before such a conclusion is reached by an opponent, thus when one uses careful argumentation in building their case, yet still reaches this "blacklisted" conclusion, it is immediately rejected/ridiculed due to its "Afrocentric" nature. This is the type of dogma that only works due to numerical superiority (they are backed by a culture of academic Eurocentrism that is inherently biased). I don't think data has ever been the issue, reasonable "Afrocentrists" are more than often ignored in favor of the extremists.
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sundjata:
quote:
All I keep seeing is dumb Eurocentrists refuting claims by the extremist, fringe who claim to be Afrocentric, but I have seen no actual refutations of claims made by Afrocentrists who are not of the fringe.

This is the name of the game, one fallacy built on top of another. Hence, the predicted response to this would be that "all Afrocentrists are fringe", as you've pointed out. It's a game of circuar reasoning that allows them to isolate a conclusion as afrocentric before such a conclusion is reached, thus when one uses careful argumentation in building their case, yet still reaches this "blacklisted" conclusion, it is immediately rejected due to its "Afrocentric" nature, which because of propaganda has evoked eh connotation of the academic taboo (even though it goes against its original definition and application).
You're correct, I asked the same question in this forum and here is the expected response:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/4189599/1/

As expected, Evil Euro/racial reality makes the claim that all Afrocentric claims are fringe.

Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Ha! Case in point. [Smile]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really goddamn sick of anyone who accepts basic facts about Kemet being tarred a "fringe Afrocentrist". It's gotten so bad that even politically progressive, anti-racist people will deny reality just because they associate it with "Afrocentrism" (as if that word meant anything anymore). I've been on whole forums populated by arrogant "liberal" pseudo-intellectuals who were so damn close-minded that they couldn't be persuaded by mountains of evidence, writing its presenters off as "Afrocentrists". We may have the facts, but we are losing the propaganda war.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7081 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All I keep seeing is dumb Eurocentrists refuting claims by the extremist, fringe who claim to be Afrocentric, but I have seen no actual refutations of claims made by Afrocentrists who are not of the fringe. I guess thats why the Eurocentrists and their whiners continue to attack and hold up the fringe as standard Afrocentrism and hide behind their strawman arguments such as stating that when Afrocentrics say AEs were black they *MUST* mean they look like "West African True Negroes," Though no one has made that claim.

So where are those actual refutations Eurocentrists? I'm still waiting.

.Charlie Bass. The Eurocentrists are not ignorant, they know the truth, that is why they frame their argument like that.

But you are ignorant, and they depend on your ignorance to make their case. The fact is that ancient Egypt was a cosmopolitan country, and "SOME" Egyptians DID have what the White man likes to call "The True Negro" phenotype - so what???

Your "Uninformed" whine only legitimizes the White mans lies. "West African" true Negroes????
So all West Africans are of one phenotype, and all East, North, and South Africans are of another???

Here is a little exercise for you Charlie. These are Africans from the four quarters: Some of them are what the White man - and you - likes to call the "True Negro". Can you tell where these people are from?

-  -

-  -

-  -

-  -

The first two are Egyptians.

The next two are Nigerians

The next two are Ethiopians

The next two are South Africans

So now you need to get back together with you Eurocentrists, and find "New" dumb sh1t to argue over.

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Calabooz '
Member # 18238

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calabooz '   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What exactly is afro-centrism? The definition I came up with, is stressing the importance of African culture and then there is radical afro-centrists
Posts: 1502 | From: Dies Irae | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calabooz:
What exactly is afro-centrism? The definition I came up with, is stressing the importance of African culture and then there is radical afro-centrists

I would think that Afrocentrism implies a focus on Africa. That would disqualify the likes of Mike111 and Marc Washington, since they're all about finding black Africans outside of Africa.

As I said in anthroscape, "Afrocentrism" has almost lost its meaning through careless and slanderous use.

Posts: 7081 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Indeed. Their mentality of global claim to success is reflective of the low self-esteem that afflicted Europeans during the time of imperialism. As Ausar says, books written by Westerners at that time tried to claim every advanced culture in the world as being attributed to caca-soids. Now the fringe Afrocentrics of today do the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Truthcentric:

I'm really goddamn sick of anyone who accepts basic facts about Kemet being tarred a "fringe Afrocentrist". It's gotten so bad that even politically progressive, anti-racist people will deny reality just because they associate it with "Afrocentrism" (as if that word meant anything anymore). I've been on whole forums populated by arrogant "liberal" pseudo-intellectuals who were so damn close-minded that they couldn't be persuaded by mountains of evidence, writing its presenters off as "Afrocentrists". We may have the facts, but we are losing the propaganda war.

Maybe that's the problem-- that it is "political" when politics and social agendas should have NOTHING to do with it! It is all about the FACTS. And FACT is Egypt is African geographically and its ancient pharaonic civilization was so culturally as well as its people biologically. There is no way around it. Only those blinded by political/social bias cannot behold these facts. By the way so-called "progressive" or "liberal" type peoples are the worst racists in that they are not only better at hiding their racism but that they appear to be friends and allies of people of color (especially blacks) and appear to want to "help" them when their policies only hurt them!! Just look at affirmative action or as I call it, "those poor dumb blacks need help". I say, give me in-your-face redneck any day! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 26260 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
By the way so-called "progressive" or "liberal" type peoples are the worst racists in that they are not only better at hiding their racism but that they appear to be friends and allies of people of color (especially blacks) and appear to want to "help" them when their policies only hurt them!! Just look at affirmative action or as I call it, "those poor dumb blacks need help". I say, give me in-your-face redneck any day!

At least the in-your-face rednecks can be entertaining at times. The pseudo-liberals are just irritating.

To be fair, though, the argument for affirmative action is not that people of color can't do good things by themselves, but rather that white people will tend to judge them as inferiors no matter how hard they try. Take Keita as an example. His studies have shed a lot of light on the biological relationships of the ancient Egyptians, but because he's black, he's written off as an Afrocentrist through no fault of his own. I do think there has to be something that will guarantee that qualified people of color will receive the same treatment as equally qualified white people. Whether or not that thing is affirmative action as currently practiced is open to discussion.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com