EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » The West, Libya and Recent African History » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
Glazebrook offers a succinct analysis of the historical situation that led up to the West's violent attacks on Libya. I don't fully agree with the role he assigns to China and his not paying attention to the serious economic, political and cultural changes that must take place to lead to authentic African development. But a useful debating piece

http://www.counterpunch.org/2011/09/06/natos-war-on-libya-is-an-attack-on-african-development/

lamin
Member # 5777
 - posted
I take issue with the role assigned to China in Africa's development because there does not seem to be any change in the political, economic and intellectual mindsets that should accompany the replacing of the West with China--in terms of infrastructural development, etc.

For example, there is still this confounded belief on the part of most African governments that Euro-America offers real solutions to problems of development despite decades of exploitation and political chicanery by the U.S., Britain and France, especially.

The IMF, World Bank, etc. are still hegemonic in Africa and France still has a strange and inexplicable stranglehold on its ex-colonies.
And again the vast majority of African governments are just dumb to the fact that Obama has been a big disaster for the African continent and clearly a clever plus for those in the West who selected him for the job.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com